LCD Perfect World

Discussion in 'Latest Chapter Discussion' started by Lachiel, Nov 20, 2015.

1. CDLevit

CDLevit Aspiring water; spark of cynicism; Em&es explorer.

Reading List:
    Link
    He's a thief but.. His age allows him to be one, even in his village .. The childrens were allowed to steal luan eggs. Also, look at the villages war. The main difference is.. 'What's mine is mine, what's yours is mine'. Look at tgat sect, they ignored those 3000 students and cared only for elites. That's bullshit..but, that happens even in rl.

2. DarkArts

DarkArts ✫ First Ancestor of the Assassin Sect ✫

Reading List:
    Link
    Maturity? You do know he's a child that's not even 10, raised in a tribe while fighting to the death with other tribes, right? When exactly did the novel portray him as 'mature'? Yeah, he is a bit smart and has brain capacity but he doesn't know of the ways of the world since no one taught him so he obviously lacks some common sense as well. I personally found the entire Void God Realm part to be one of the funniest parts I read in any Xianxia and I've even come to ask myself whether little Shi Hao isn't by chance Meng Hao's secret disciple or something. The only thing that disappointed me is that he didn't become an 'avenger'.

CDLevit likes this.
  3. CDLevit

Reading List:
    Link
    He only postponed it.

4. Kadark

Kadark Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Stop abusing ''...''. For god's sake, reading you is making my eyes bleed.

Otherwise, the fact that he is extremely young and often do ridiculous actions is what distinguish Perfect World from other novels, a time skip would be an extremely bad idea.

Shio and CDLevit like this.
  5. Arcturus

Arcturus Cat, Hidden Sith Lord

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeah, but even animals learn something after having been punished severely. I'm not saying I expect him to be mature (that's why I'm fine with him not being an avenger, kids aren't really avenger-style, their grudges last maybe a week). And yeah I found void god realm to be funny. It's the next parts that felt like a rehash of the void god realm events that annoyed me.

6. DarkArts

Reading List:
    Link
    But there's no prior event of him doing that, and there's no event of him being punished for it before so he was even thinking he was treated unfairly for being punished. Also, that was a record as well if I'm not mistaken because others wouldn't think of doing such things so even others didn't seem to know of the punishment a.k.a. consequences.

7. SovereignSamiul

SovereignSamiul Hubby of Aina Seira & SARCASTIC SECT-MASTER

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm known for enjoying making people bleed in many way.....
    I even wrote a book about it ...it's called,
    " A Guzzillion Ways To Make People Bleed "

8. wargreymon

wargreymon Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    One thing bothers me when I read PW:
    When he came to rescue that kid who is his replacement. How the hell did MC know that when he burn the ancestral land, all the people in western border land will die? I was like '???????????'. he barely know about the ancestral land not long ago. so random...

9. SovereignSamiul

SovereignSamiul Hubby of Aina Seira & SARCASTIC SECT-MASTER

Reading List:
    Link
    yup...exactly mu point .....he's sometimes too wise for his age......then sometimes too childlike for his age...really random....
    and I'm sure someone would like to counter what I'm saying here.....so go ahead ...

10. little king

little king Ruler of Sloth [Neko-form]

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm on the part where the children took bath on monster's remain like stuff which was turned into powder? Then MC burped after drinking the bath water...
    I stopped reading there as far as I remember...so yeah might start reading it again...
    Sankyu~ Very Much~
    Thank you! Nanodesu!

SovereignSamiul likes this.
  11. Cupcake Ninja

Cupcake Ninja [Kind Sage][Lord Benevolence][ The Great Paragon]

Reading List:
    Link
    This is really long. read it if you want and only if you have the time. Sorry its so long, i really go on a lot of rants dont I? But i found the topic interesting and i had nothing else to do. Also, im assuming you have read the latest translated chapters of DE and TDG or at least to book three on DE. if you havent, there are some spoilers here i used as examples. If anyone has not read DE or TDG up to book three and the more recent chapters respectively, dont continue to read this.

In RL, yeah. but in a story i like the MC to get his revenge and feel good after getting it. Revenge does seem like an endless cycle. But simply for that reason alone i dont think the MC or any character should let go of their hate. I have read some pretty dark tragic pasts and i have to say that they were not the kind that could be let go of. Or should be unpunished for.. And i dont mean jail time, i mean a slow torture and make-them-beg-for-death type of thing. Point is, in a novel or any story, i feel achieving revenge is important. If what happened was something that cant be forgiven, then even if it breeds more hate at least you yourself should feel satisfied with getting your revenge. Even in real life if you have been seriously fucked over( like having a family member killed or something equally unforgivable) then you should go seek revenge. Leaving things in the hands of the police is smart but if they cant do anything, one should do something about it themselves. Albeit only if they are certain of the other party's crimes but o not have the evidence to bring to the police. Anyway, in that situation, i feel a person should o get revenge but must understand the consequences of their actions and be prepare to accept them if they follow through.

Maybe this isnt a good example, but when Ji Ning got revenge after what happened to Spring Grass( whose fate i teared up at and I really hope Ning finds her reincarnation later) i felt that he was very decisive and right in his actions. Ning Knew River He had a son who may one day come for revenge but he didnt mind that. In b3 chapter 12 Ning let the son go even though he knew he hated Ning. Sure Ning didnt think that the son could ever really grow to harm him or the Ji clan, but he must have understood that the son may one day try seeking revenge. But that was fine, because Ning already got his own revenge. He would not blame the son for hating him. I think at the time Ning felt that even if the son one day was able to threaten him, although he would not give in without a fight, he would still accept that hate.

And in cultivation, getting revenge in some form or another is good. Since it is detrimental to cultivation, one would try either letting go of the hatred in their heart or getting fulfilling their revenge. Im fairly sure in a recent chapter of TDG(Chapter 218, last paragraph), Nie Lie said that Duan Jian must remove the demon in his heart. It didnt specify how. So i believe there are two ways: either getting your revenge thereby removing the demon, the reason for the hatred, or by simply letting go of the hate. It seemed that Nie Li decided to let Duan Jian get his revenge since he didnt know how to let go of it. It wasnt needed for him to get revenge since Sikong He would have diedd anyway, but they didnt know that.

The latter may be more effective but i dont really think it is needed since the very concept of cultivation goes against the will of heaven anyway. Did Nie Li not say this in the beginning chapters? I think so, and a few other MCs have said the same. The MC of My Beautiful Teacher i know said it. In xianxia i have heard that one must let go of worldly attachments and desires to ascend to become immortals and such. to ascend higher in power. But how often does that really happen? How often do you see sage-like cultivators in xianxia? Even old experts who can shake the heavens are not like that. They do as they please. They are true to their desires and whims.

DarkArts likes this.
  12. DarkArts

Reading List:
    Link
    You're right here. I think the worldly attachments thingy is more to detach themselves from mortals because we can take n examples where cultivators fight for skills, pills or any other treasure that might be beneficial to them so there's enough proof that they are still greedy and didn't actually let go of their desires. Xian Ni was a perfect example of how MC was fooled to believe this bs that his cultivation cannot advance unless he cuts his ties to the world or something like that and those people who talk like that are usually exactly the greediest. Cultivators usually seem to have more attachments than mortals if you ask me...
    But on another note, it is true that by letting go of all thoughts and attachments could help a cultivator because in that case he can train instead of chasing after treasure but if he's concerned about other things he won't be able to concentrate or he'll keep taking breaks etc.

Cupcake Ninja likes this.
  13. Chiaroscuro

Chiaroscuro Your Favourite Family Disappointment

Reading List:
    Link
    hmm, imho, the character of shi hao reminds me of that baby king yama from yu yu hakusho, that's what the images im going for anyway
    as for the plot itself, according to the spoilers anyway, it will be something like makjang comedy xianxia, by makjang it means like korean family drama, which is crazy dramatic in the plot
    but after that 60th chap anyway, underneath the cuteness was tragic sadness, so it feels like the author try burying the tragic by cuteness but u can still feel the tragic anyway
    the pace itself was slow, but the details, man the details of the world building was crazy
    i think i know why you want the mc to mature, but then we will lost half the fun, because a mature guy acting cute........., well, unless he's a korean idol idk if he can pull that look
    also, the whole point of this novel is baby geniuses lol

but maybe that was also my maternal instict speaking, who knows

CDLevit likes this.
  14. Turbe

Turbe Novel Leecher

Reading List:
    Link
    Yea this story wouldn't work if the MC was older or more mature, at least right now. Him being young and somewhat innocent drives the entire plot and keeps it an enjoyable read. The MC has had some bad personality changes but that's because no-one guides him making it seem more authentic.

Chiaroscuro likes this.
  15. episod3ux

episod3ux Azuka's Sole Nii♐Azu's Saint♒Azuka's♐(\_/)Pillow

Reading List:
    Link
    I shall name the future pile "The geniuses pile"
    Ayyy truly can't see Mt.Tai.

CDLevit likes this.
  16. Turbe

Turbe Novel Leecher

Reading List:
    Link
    So they finally figured out that hes the void god kid? Going to have to re-read the paragraphs to understand it.. cause it seemed like they did but then said it wasn't important anymore because of the death god hovering over the little guy...

CDLevit likes this.
  17. Ritsuru

Ritsuru Wanderer of the Clouds, Here and There

Reading List:
    Link
    I hope he brings back some beasts with him when he leaves the Hundred Shattering Mountain! xD
    I can totally see him hunting down those beasts to eat. :>

18. CDLevit

Reading List:
    Link
    I dislike the notion of having an intelligent archaic descendent as a pet. It reminds me of slavery and it's one of the aspects that i've never liked in Cd and other novels. All that crap of.. We are 'good' friends, but.. You're still an animal/beast. Ypu exist for me to own.

19. Arcturus

Arcturus Cat, Hidden Sith Lord

Reading List:
    Link
    I don't want him to mature per se, but I would like him to learn something. Like being less openly frank about stealing things and a tad more devious. But the last chapters have been quite enjoyable, so I'm not minding too much. Plus a large lack of maturity in someone under the age of ten is rather reasonable.

Chiaroscuro and CDLevit like this.
  20. Turbe

Turbe Novel Leecher

Reading List:
    Link
    Don't mess with the little guy. Or else!

Arcturus likes this.