Phone Scams

Discussion in 'Tech Discussion' started by Someguy666, Jun 22, 2017.

Tags:
  1. kirindas

kirindas Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    If you do pick up, mind what you say. My Local News mentioned a few times about how they record your voice now. If you happen to say "Yes", then they can make use of that single "Yes" to make it seem like you agreed to something that will let them milk money from you.

2. Faisal

Faisal Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    i get calls about ppi and the fact that ive been in an accident >.<

3. GamingIce

GamingIce 『Holder of the Ring of Promise』『RPG Nerd』

Reading List:
    Link
    I've gotten a lot recently with an automated message saying "Is this Lisa? ... Maybe you can help me! Would you be interested in..."

4. Zeckzen

Zeckzen Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Try answering in germany

If my cousin were to recieve phone call scams he will curse the caller if it's male, and try to fooling around if it's female

5. asriu

asriu fu~ fu~ fu~

Reading List:
    Link
    ah~ I got called by stranger who crying and asked for help, then another stranger who said he was police started to blablabla and with threatening tone ask my name~ funny thing cuz when I insist asked that "officer" name, rank, where he stationed and said, let me ask my "acquaintance" to verified ~ he hung it~ couple of time~

6. yapla

yapla Member

Reading List:
    Link
    most of the call i get is because a girl is trying to get a job but always put my number for some reason.... fell bad for her lol

7. RizYun

RizYun #Kaffee4Laifu

Reading List:
    Link
    I always got phone call scam of winning bank's lottery. whenever i got it, i always go to the bank few hundreds meters from my home to ask their CC (or security). and give 'em(the CCs') my phone whenever they call me again..

8. Acaeluse

Acaeluse Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I'v been getting ones from people claiming I won something by staying in their hotel but have never heard of nor been to it.
    Usually just answer "Hello" automated shit starts so I give em a "fuck you" then hang up.

9. elengee

elengee Daoist Ninefaps

Reading List:
    Link
    Good thing i've got a Nigerian prince taking care of all that for me, i just need to sit back and wait for the money.

Lonjest, GamingIce and MrNebulist like this.
  10. Zero300

Zero300 『Mask Maker』『Kamen Rider Khaos』『Demon Immortal』

Reading List:
    Link
    If you don't know the number, ignore it. Don't pick it up.

11. heartantares

heartantares One Who Provides Uselessly Detailed Information

Reading List:
    Link
    I just hang up and pretend it never happened..... if its real then they'll call back as many times as it takes since usually if its specifically something of yours... then they cant profit if you don't keep them on the line..... otherwise they'd usually give up

12. S4TY4

S4TY4 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Well...I don't think it's a strange story...I've received text message stating that I've won a car, prize money & such from banks (even though I don't even own an account in said bank in the message) or from telecomunication/internet provider company.
    At one time, my aunt even received a message saying that I was arrested by police & need some money for bail (the said aunt is living in a different town than me (-_-i))
    Another infamous scam in my country is called "papa, minta pulsa" (rough Eng trans, "Dad, please send me some phone credit"). The story goes asf, someone received a text message from unknown/not listed on their contact list saying something like a family member (either one of the parent, spouses and/or children) has run out of credits for their handphone & need the message receiver to send some to their new number (usually a different number from the received one & written in the message). So, if you received one & send some credits to the said number, congratulations for being a fool. Don't even bother tracking the number since they usually disposed the number after sending the message and/or receiving a reply

13. zenla

zenla { Totally human being} {Kingdom building fanatic}

Reading List:
    Link
    In my country we have whole net sites for numbers working as cheaters and marketers.
    It came to the point don t bother picking up number without checking whether such number is on the bad list. But yeah this is life when you can t grab the other party.