LCD Possessing Nothing

Discussion in 'Latest Chapter Discussion' started by jacobpaige, Jun 25, 2017.

1. Arbalest

Arbalest Arcane Knight Anti Mage Honeytrap Devourer

Reading List:
    Link
    From what I see on this event.

First About the shadowless mc used a technique like a flow of water, light steps (bleach) he didn't apply to much force to boost his running capabilities

Second About the Ogmera monster I think the rank of that monster is S or above because the mutation of that chimera is abnormal so basically that Ogmera have atleast 2 traits first high attacking power second high endurance

Third About his weapon I remember last time Luca told the mc to change his spear cuz it's already worn-out,and correction only the tip of the spear is steel the rest of the body is made out of wood.
    Yes he has a lot of spare weapons but it's not the best gear only basic equipments with low attack power w/o decent weapon you can't expect to see the mc do damage to be devastating on S rank monster with tough scale right?

Fourth about the 3 years harsh training on the mountains he just refined all his skills on that place and do the basics =(slight physically boost/muscle)he doesn't acquired superhuman strength or any high booster pack / artifacts to make him OP!

Lastly yes I'm kinda disappointed too when I read his fight on Ogmera cuz he's not OP! But I think he will compensate the lack of damages on skills&experience! Yes he's like above average on those mercs but I will still wait for him to get decent weapon and gears.

Last edited: Sep 16, 2017
  2. Anon Ymous

Anon Ymous Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    if all the stuff he got is called nothing then i wonder how should we call the who truly got nothing

3. elengee

elengee Daoist Ninefaps

Reading List:
    Link
    [“Can you help me. I have to take the head… but I can’t cut it with the spear.”

“No, let’s take the entire thing.”]

When just the head isn't enough. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

4. Overclock

Overclock Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    He's definitely making a name for himself now.

Arbalest likes this.
  5. Arbalest

Reading List:
    Link
    +1

6. Someguy666

Someguy666 MILF Sect Leader

Reading List:
    Link
    That's chump change. The real target is the Black Mage and that armor MC is after. However the the deviation of info from his past life indicates that there may be a secret/backup lab or treasury that the Guild Higher-ups kept secret.

7. Overclock

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm talking about fame, not material rewards. When the mc gets back he may experience a whole new view, more so than before. People just looked at him impressed or with envy, but this kill will make him a legend. His first outing as a mercenary and he kills and brings back the corpse of a SS grade monster, alone, and saving a whole town from destruction. His name should spread far and wide as a legendary rockie who will certainly leave down his name in history. He got the gold treatment before, but if I was the guild leader I'll give him the platinum treatment to gain this super rockie's favor.

8. Someguy666

Reading List:
    Link
    Exactly, I meant that the fame from that is chump change. As a careerist, taking down disposable cannon fodder would only get him earmarked as a pawn for bosses to use, Mercs only move for money, fame only allows them to charge more. Taking down Masterminds will get him noticed and granted access to bigger, more sensitive quests with better compensation.

9. Arbalest

Reading List:
    Link
    What are you guys arguing about? Mc will get both money and fame on this expedition,going back to mercenary base with a heroic parade or something but for me I personally hope that both of this tag team S+ rank mercenary will do the scouting now and try to trace back the monster den to find some materials or artifacts left behind by that ogmera.

10. Overclock

Reading List:
    Link
    I personally think this kill will give him all the attention he needs and shows his worth. Like the guy said he'll probably make SS, so he can start charging high for his services and could be asked, not ordered, to take on important jobs. And if there's some group investigating the mad scientist they will probably contact him.

And if you're a part of a organization and not the top boss, you can be SSS or SSSX3 or whatever and still be seen as a tool. Even a tool that requires high maintenance (Money) is still a tool/pawn.

11. keklel

keklel Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    So I googled Ran, Na, Zhe and couldn't find anything.

Did the author just make this up or what? Seems pretty weird that he would make up a technique for a weapon that exists in real life and has been used for tens of thousands of years.

wtf?

12. Someguy666

Reading List:
    Link
    Translator has a problem with grammer

Those are probably Korean transliterations of Chinese regarding the techniques to use the spear. The author probably got those terminology from The Muyejebo which got them from the Jixiao Xinshu.

13. Arbalest

Reading List:
    Link
    Ran , Na ,Zhe, are spear techniques like slash, trust ,Pierce breaking points etc

14. Fan2zz

Fan2zz Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Doesn't every author make up sword techniques and forms? It isn't out of the ordinary.

15. keklel

keklel Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm pretty sure Jixiao Xinshu doesn't contain any "swinging" or "spinning" spear techniques. IIRC Qi Jiguang was very much against such "flowery" techniques which cannot be used in close-packed formations.

So there's 8 spear techniques here (not 3) and I don't see any involving "spinning".

EDIT: Okay, re-reading the translation now it seems the "spin" is more like a spiral. Makes more sense at least. The translation still makes it hard to figure out what's going on though.

EDIT: Also the Tiao, Tan and Qian are techniques for dealing with the opponent's weapon, which isn't mentioned in the story at all. Seems pretty weird that a martial arts would not contain any techniques that are specifically designed to deal with armed opponents.

Last edited: Oct 1, 2017
  16. Someguy666

Reading List:
    Link
    Found it! It's from the Xingyi 5-Element Spear:-

EDIT: The 15:00 to 18:00 minute mark.

keklel likes this.
  17. keklel

keklel Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Thanks dude! Nice work!

So they translated 拦拿扎 (Lan-na-zha) as Ran Na Zhe, making it incomprehensible and impossible to find the source. Sigh.

EDIT: I think you mean 12:07 onwards

EDIT: So the Lan and Na are meant to be defensive circular parries to be used against the enemy's weapon, whereas the Zhe is the offensive thrust.

So the translation

Is pretty much spot on. But it doesn't make any sense unless you already know what that technique looks like.

Could have done with a TL Note imo.

18. Someguy666

Reading List:
    Link
    Also found out that it's also used in Baji 6-Harmonies Great Spear. Having seen the videos of their training, I've always thought the Great Spear was supposed to be used on horseback. The only reason they do practice on foot these days was because horses are expensive to upkeep.

keklel likes this.
  19. Overclock

Reading List:
    Link
    From someone ignorant about martial arts I didn't notice anything strange. I've read a few novels where the protagonist uses the spear, but they didn't really go into the basic mechanics, so I just assumed these were the technical words.

Like in other novels they just say spear thrust, block, or sweep. I've even read cultivation novels where they gave clan specific names to basic moves. Only someone with knowledge of martial arts or genuine curiosity would question the names.

20. Yabu

Yabu Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    "but his status still said that he was a No Class. If he wanted to get a new class, he had to go to a guild or other places."

wait, what ?
    taken from chapter 17