Discussion Psyren

Discussion in 'Manga Discussion' started by Awe 128, Jul 21, 2017.

1. chencking

chencking [Daolord Grammar Nazi]

Reading List:
    Link
    I've reread it multiple times, but no. It's too old. They get the best sales when the manga and anime are sold simultaneously, and there are better old series to animate such as Reborn.

Black Parcher likes this.
  2. Recouer

Recouer Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Wasn't the whole manga finished because they pressured the author to end it??
    If so, i don't think we'll ever have an adaptation of this one:(

3. trag23

trag23 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I wish, but I highly doubt it. If they were it would have happened by now.

4. Black Parcher

Black Parcher The Eternal World Wanderer

Reading List:
    Link
    Doesn't Arena's plot and a few other LNs have similar plot to it though

5. Jed333

Jed333 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Does anyone know if the 2 LNs have been TL'd or if not where to get them?

6. Black Parcher

Reading List:
    Link
    I don't know a lot old LNs still get t.v. shows. I think it's more about is it relevant. If the power that be see a resurgence of popularity then it may happen.

7. allenwalkerint

allenwalkerint Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Remember, ushio to tora and parasite its very old manga and get anime.....
    no one know.... it get anime or not

Awe 128 likes this.
  8. defry

defry Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    My headcanon is that Psyren never finished.... I imagine Ageha, Amamiya and Grigory #17 are adventuring.. exploring the world. Finding different espers and then they explore Miroku's island/country.... after a battle and all sorts of adventures.

Ageha has a threesome with Amamiya & #17, sometimes a foursome with Amamiya's duplicate personality joining in. That's the perfect ending.

Edit: I have reread it 10 times. I would put SIA or infected mushroom - artillery. One of the mangas you don't get bored of.

Awe 128 likes this.
  9. Awe 128

Awe 128 Sedun dnes esaelp

Reading List:
    Link
    Nop not too much

10. defry

defry Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Wow, I reread those ocassionally when I need to energize myself. Psyren is fun as Ageha is so energetic and fun, while Angel Densetsu I have read over 10 times... the funniest thing ever, I burst out laughing at the dads being thought of as Yakuza, screaming at each other and getting read to fight. Ohh, man hahaha.

Gonna go reread Angel Densetsu again.... though, I hate those foreigners. Otherwise, the best manga ever in terms of comedy.

Jed333 likes this.
  11. Corner Guy

Corner Guy Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Good manga, don't think it will ever get an anime adaptation, but we can dream. That being said, there are plenty of things similar: arena, Darwin's game (manga), or life mission. Though none are (in my opinion) as good so far.

Awe 128 likes this.
  12. Overclock

Overclock Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I wish it gets an anime, with a better ending that wasn't rushed. Psyren was a great work, but it was in the wrong magazine. If it was in a older audience magazine it would have done better.

And funny thing is that people who liked to say it was bad when compared to the big three, look at how they turned out. All except One Piece fell badly in one way or another, especially Bleach.

GM_Rusaku likes this.
  13. Jed333

Jed333 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    My fav past of Angel Densetsu is Kitano always Yell-talking where people can't understand him XD. If you haven't seen it you should watch the OVAs only 2 and it only covers up to the first big fight with Kojima but its good

defry likes this.
  14. Yukino

Yukino Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Even though it seems to got axrd, at least it didn't got axed half way through like his work before psyren and had a somewhat proper ending. Frederica is the fire frog hood girl right?

Awe 128 likes this.
  15. defry

defry Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I did not watch the anime out of fear that it will ruin the manga for me. I have reread it so many times that I imagine Kitano's voice scremaing and I just laugh.

Everytime Kitano screams... when he started jogging and punched by a pro boxer or when he was being chased by the stalker girl who wanted to photograph him. Or when he screams and paralyzes people, absolutely hilarious.

I have a few that I enjoy the comedy and I reread it occasionally. I think D-Frag is hilarious.. (I have not watched the anime, as I am afraid that it cannot beat the manga) especially when they did the world breaking zip hitting the forehead, everyone pitying him and after that tournament.. a girl tries to do the same stunt but she can't do it anymore, thus becoming a hikkimori. Hilarious.

Jed333 likes this.
  16. Allchemic

Allchemic Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Yes, this is her :3 Yeah, thankfully it had a proper end, still, it left a bad taste in my mouth seeing such a good manga having such a fast end T-T

Black Parcher likes this.
  17. Black Parcher

Reading List:
    Link
    Well it's not exactly the same but they do resemble each other by the fact that they have to survive and complete each task or death will them if they fail. The task are vague to point the MC want to pull their hair out. That they can gain power by simply traversing between these worlds.

18. TheSinofPriDe

TheSinofPriDe Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Well its one of the best but there should be a better ending well thats my own opinion

19. Ai chan

Ai chan Queen of Yuri, Devourer of Traps, Thrusted Witch

Reading List:
    Link
    No chance of that. Psyren is old and no longer 'hot' despite being good. The only way it can become anime is if the author gets the money and pay an animation company to animate it. But then again, the mangaka doesn't own his manga, so it all comes down to persuading his publisher to make an anime, which will not happen. Also, I have no problem with the ending. It was epic, the line of "I have travelled far through time and space to bring you your sister's last words" (not exactly what was said) was amazing. Sent a shiver up my spine.

GM_Rusaku likes this.
  20. Spiritsong

Spiritsong Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    A great manga with an abrupt axed notice. Weird.