Spoiler Rant Clockwork Planet Episode 1

Discussion in 'Anime Discussion' started by chencking, Apr 18, 2017.

1. chencking

chencking [Daolord Grammar Nazi]

Reading List:
    Link
    I just watched episode 1 and it was such a f*cking flop. It's like the director said the novel & manga aren't beta enough so he reached into his well-worn bag of pilots when he should have been reaching into a less-worn bag. I paused at least a dozen times at all the absurd cuts they made. The beginning establishing Naoto as an outcast at school? Cut. His home-built automata? Cut. His special facility needed to repair Ryuzu? Cut. Any indication Naoto knew what to expect of modifying automata? Cut for some embarrassment. The sheer absurdity of RyuZu's design? Cut. The complexity of Naoto's repair? Cut. The absurdity of Naoto designing said repair? Cut. The latter half of RyuZu's name? Cut. The incredible character design that screamed RyuZu is an automata? Cut. Foreshadows of RyuZu's combat abilities? Cut. Build-ups to Naoto and RyuZu's relationship (yes, I mean you you lame delinquents)? Cut. The reveal for RyuZu's speech? Spoiled. It couldn't get any better if they tried. Literally the only thing they f*cking did right is that 5 seconds Naoto calculates risk vs reward. They didn't even have to do a full adaptation; there's already a manga that did a pretty damn good job, but they still f*cked episode 1 so bad. Worst of all is Naoto's character design. His naivete does so much for the novel and manga's atmospheres, but instead I've got [​IMG] . I mean seriously wtf. And as if he's not beta enough at this point, he even has to wish for RyuZu to fall from the sky? How can you screw up such a good novel with such a good manga adaptation if it's not on purpose? I mean seriously wtf!? They handled the beginning so bad that I can't see how anything that comes later won't seem like a beta ass-pull.

2. OverlyFriendly

OverlyFriendly I should do something about

Reading List:
    Link
    Im considering to not watch it now
    I liked the novel :(
    thanks anyway

3. orang

orang Fatewatcher

Reading List:
    Link
    "(that) anime was a mistake."

4. Setra

Setra Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    So, this is not as awesome as no game no life, even though the source by the same author?

5. chencking

Reading List:
    Link
    awesome novel & manga, but shameful anime

Setra likes this.
  6. Axiel

Axiel ❖ Beyond Salavation ❖

Reading List:
    Link
    I haven't read the novel but I watched the beginning of the anime and damn do I feel disgusted for some reason... should I read the novel instead?

7. chencking

Reading List:
    Link
    The novel is wordy, but great nevertheless. If you want something a bit less wordy, try the manga. Or just read both :)

Axiel likes this.
  8. asriu

asriu fu~ fu~ fu~

Reading List:
    Link
    so another devastating anime adaptation from person who read LN?
    well not first and I guess not last~
    let see how they will mess up pochi and tama~

9. answm17

answm17 Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I agree. Despite having the same author as NGNL, the Clockwork Planet anime isn't that good. The manga and ln are so much better than the anime, at least for now (if it gets better in later episodes)???

chencking likes this.