LCD Release that Witch

Discussion in 'Latest Chapter Discussion' started by Dusk, Jun 30, 2016.

1. lucaman

lucaman Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    how was translation quality right now? i will read marathon when it reach at 650th chapter.

2. Cutter Masterson

Cutter Masterson Well-Known Super-Soldier

Reading List:
    Link
    The witch that could use earth magic is the best example of why Roland wanted the witches to stay. Simply put the living conditions are way higher in Neverwinter.

3. OneChompMan

OneChompMan Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Because to be very honest, what Tilly is doing will help no one. if she takes all the witches to sleeping island, the stigma surrounding witches would just become worse, and sleeping island is literally an island. if the church cut off all their connections to the mainland then they have no way to procure necessities. 2nd point being how dangerous the place is for non-combat witches and how they would feel useless at being unable to do anything like how soraya and leaf used to feel in the previous witches union. Staying with Roland had no downside except for her own emotions. any other witch given the choice would stay in border town and help, she knows roland needs her and the witches, she knows she and the witches also need him and have a far better opportunity at living a normal and good life with him. if the weight of the decision is keeping her and she doesn't want to put the other witches in harms way, then let them make the choice for themselves. Unless she's planning on doing just that when she returns to sleeping island then that's just evil of her.

BarriaKarl likes this.
  4. lnv

lnv ✪ Well-Known Hypocrite

Reading List:
    Link
    Yes and no. While he wants to lure away her witches, he isn't doing it to sabotage her. If anything he prefers if she comes along with them. He is even willing to give her territory and give her self rule. His goal is just a bigger picture than Tilly's goal. And overall Tilly doesn't particularly even want to rule and would prefer to stay, she just isn't irresponsible. She also doesn't care if the witches stay with Roland either as long as the vital ones they need come back (even if not permanent) to help.

Overall though what a scummy move is all depends. If a company gives higher wages and better benefits than its competitors, is that a scummy move?

He isn't even particularly poaching them, just giving out overall better benefits. And those benefits exist for all witches, not just ones that transfer over.

5. wilico98

wilico98 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Does anyone know what he did with the alcohol witch? She just disappeared from history '-'. Also I always thought he lived near the sea, why is he so interested in that salt mine

6. Afgerak

Afgerak Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    He open an wine factory and let her be in charge of it.

I think it's a scummy move because he's luring them away and at the same time acted all chummy with Tilly. Basically, he wanted everything from her. Sure his endgame is much better than her, but he shouldn't sneakily trying to lure them away. I don't have a problem with him doing it, just the way he goes around doing that.

Also, about Zero and Roland. We still don't know if he will gain any power from her, but I'm wondering if he will get extended life from the deal. Since Zero never gain any new power, but she did gain knowledge and extended life. Of course that is under the assumption she only live so long due to her absorbing people (this is her conjecture). We have Agatha who simply live a long time all by herself though.

7. juniorjawz

juniorjawz Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Huh?

8. wilico98

wilico98 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I think if he helped them more or showed a little regret would feel more like he truly cares about the witches there( His siter and the witches at the island), if he didn't meant it (not sure), that's pretty much a cultural domination. Also he as a leader if he truly respected her sister as an equal would never go asking her to stay and all that.

9. Krenny

Krenny Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The issue about the witches's lifespan is an interesting one. On one hand, the fact that they called humans "mortals" among other things shows that they live a lot longer than humans, but on the other they shouldn't live forever since we would expect witches from the previous era (such as the redhead first pope) to still be around in that case. I don´t think that Zero's powers give her more lifespan in the "real" world, since that's not what her powers are about. She said she had lived for around 200 years.

That's because it's the better solution for everybody. I understand she refusing given what she doesn't know about him, but I don't see why he should stop himself for proposing the best idea based on "respect as an equal".

10. VinnyOni1

VinnyOni1 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    She is basically body snatching. Since her "mind" is in a new body that hasn't reached its limit, she doesn't die of old age. And since she said she's done it countless times I'm sure there's never been a case where aging was an issue. Agatha didn't live a long time by virtue of being a witch, it's because she basically cryogenically froze herself. Otherwise, she would have died hundreds of years ago like the other witches.

It's like a merger of kingdoms, witches are suppressed and them uniting in one land would present a more united front and better help development. She actually wants to make the move, but she can't make that decision alone. Or rather she doesn't want to make that decision without first weighing the thoughts of her subjects.

Last edited: Oct 22, 2017
    roriconknight likes this.
  11. Nyeko

Nyeko Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Wow how will Mr. Roland science his way out of the Sealine?

12. gunstriker

gunstriker Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    TBH i had no idea what thunder was describing.

13. Cutter Masterson

Cutter Masterson Well-Known Super-Soldier

Reading List:
    Link
    With a Aluminum Air Ship (dirigible).

14. skadink

skadink Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    speed revolution industries look like on their peak... after timoty and church defeat, next year have stagnant and get slow compare previous year because low enemy and lack resource... he nee more man and witch power to work in industry and get more resource.. now only can support with iron steel based technology(steam ship). air ship cant reach because need propulsion move(lights engine with high power).

Last edited: Oct 22, 2017
  15. skadink

skadink Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    view from modern country.. yes other society still used old laws or traditions..

16. Avenger

Avenger Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm only at chapter 150, but even there I feel bad for Nightingale already.

17. gunstriker

gunstriker Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I am so hyped for Tim's Steamroll!

Cutter Masterson likes this.
  18. lnv

Reading List:
    Link
    Since Roland has steam engines, I'm surprised he doesn't do what large ships do to pirate ships in modern days. You pull up a ton of water, and you blast them with water at high pressure. Those wooden boats would shatter pretty easily.

19. gunstriker

gunstriker Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Why go for non-lethal methods when lethal options are so much more fun ?

20. lnv

Reading List:
    Link
    The end result is the same really. Once the ship is sunk, and his ships pass by, waves will be created causing many of them to drown.

Overall though Roland doesn't really want to kill people, he needs human resources. As long as they are not criminals beyond redemption, he would rather send them to the mines.