Novel Shameless Hero

Discussion in 'Community Fictions' started by myspellbind, Dec 6, 2016.

?

What needs to be improved besides the grammar?

1. A Funnier story

6 vote(s)
    33.3%
  2. Better character development

10 vote(s)
    55.6%
  3. Better storyline

11 vote(s)
    61.1%
  4. Creativity

11 vote(s)
    61.1%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. myspellbind

myspellbind Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Hello, I'm writing a story called "Shameless Hero", you can also read this story at http://www.myspellbind.com/

Synopsis: After Ye Tian safely hid his younger siblings from what seems to be a bandit raid, he tried to help his parents from being killed. However, he got terribly wounded, and witnessed his parents and all the villagers massacred! He barely survived and is set for revenge, but he is running out of time!

Genre: Action, Adventure, Comedy, Fantasy, Romance, Bromance, and a lot of Shamelessness!

Table of Contents

Chapters 1-5
    Chapter 6
    Chapter 7
    Chapter 8
    Chapter 9
    Chapter 10

Chapter 11
    Chapter 12
    Chapter 13
    Chapter 14
    Chapter 15
    Chapter 16
    Chapter 17
    Chapter 18
    Chapter 19
    Chapter 20
    Chapter 21
    Chapter 22
    Chapter 23
    Chapter 24
    Chapter 25
    Chapter 26
    Chapter 27
    Chapter 28

Chapter 29

Chapter 30
    Chapter 31
    Chapter 32

If you want to read more chapters, please support me at http://www.myspellbind.com/shameless-hero-chapters/

Note
    This is a self-published story that I’ve been imagining when I daydream for many years now.. I have never attempted to even write the story because of my awful grammar, but I have decided to give it a try and start out as an amateur writer. Please bear with me.

This story is intended to be an adventure filled with comedy, conspiracy, wuxia, romance, a little bit of unwanted bromance, and of course some despicable acts!

I hope you will all enjoy it. If anyone is willing to proof-read and revise my grammar, please contact me. If you have some feedback, I’m all ears!

Currently on our blog, we have more chapters available. We also have a couple of wuxia web novels that are translated. Please support us. Thank you!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Chapter 1 – Be strong, my son

In a distant and remote land away from the mass continents lies a village most outsiders never knew it existed. This was the only village situated on a floated valley in the middle of the ocean. The village was self-sufficient as it had more than enough land mass that is comparable to a small kingdom.
    “Ye Tian, please take care of these rascals,” a villager, shouted.

“Sure Mr. Bai. I’ll make sure they will come home safe.”

Ye Tian just turned 15 years old, but he was highly regarded among the villagers as a responsible and cheerful boy. Every time, the children played, it was always Ye Tian who protected them from wild beasts when they roamed too far from the village.

“Big brother, can we play a bit longer, please?”

“Yeah, please, please, please.”

“Ye Xue, Ye Chun, it’s getting dark, and all the elders would worry if we don’t come home.”

Ye Tian gathered everyone and started to go back. When they were almost home, they heard loud noises that sounded like a battle. Ye Tian told everyone to stop and hide inside an underground storage cave.

He hurriedly ran to the village thereafter and his heart was panicking from the scene he saw. Villagers were fighting back but there were too many bandits. He saw familiar elders being killed. He took out his dagger, and hastily searched for his parents. He was relieved when he saw his parents were still alive and fighting. He ran towards them intending to help, but little did he know there was someone behind him. The stranger threw his dagger towards Ye Tian’s back, but it wasn’t him that got wounded. It was his mother, who pushed Ye Tian aside and got stabbed at the heart.

Ye Tian was shocked and cried out, “Mother!”

Ye Tian’s father also saw the stranger the same time as his mother did, and threw his sword towards the stranger with all his power. Unfortunately, the sword stabbed the stranger right after he threw the Spear towards Ye Tian.

“Ye Tian, you must leave and take your sisters far away from here and live a peaceful life,” said his mother smiling to him.

“No, you’re coming with me. We will live together….always!,” cried Ye Tian while hugging his mother. His mother’s eyes closed and never opened again.

Suddenly, Ye Tian felt there was someone who grabbed him from behind. It was his father. “Son, you must run away and never come back here. Do you hear me?”

“Dad, I will fight with you!”

“No, I will make way for you to escape. Listen to me and take care of all the other children, do you understand?,” his father said while firmly holding his shoulder.

Along the way, the father battled and killed many bandits, but he was also being wounded heavily. With a last push, his father was finally able to make a clear path for Ye Tian to escape.

“Go! Be strong, my son.” He created a palm strike that pushed Ye Tian’s back further away from the village. Ye Tian felt a little pain. His father was at his last breath looking at Ye Tian’s back. Daggers pierced his back, his sides and his left eye. A sword stabbed through his back that finally left him in darkness.

“Kill the little kid,” one of the bandits yelled.

Ye Tian hesitated in his mind and was in disarray but he kept running.

“Shriek.”

Ye Tian felt intense pain and looked down. He saw an arrow just pierced him from his back and all the way through the front. He took a look back trying to find out who shot the arrow. It was a masked bandit near one of the peak hills accompanied by two other bandits by his side. He seems to be the leader.

Ye Tian dragged his feet while blood was dripping leaving stains on the ground. After a few meters, he finally fell on the ground. His eyes were staring at his father’s heavily wounded figure…

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Chapter 2 – Blue Pearl

“Ha ha ha….I’ve finally gotten what I need. Soon, soon…..,” said The masked bandit.

“Reporting to elder, everyone has been killed with no witnesses,” claimed by a one of the bandits that’s kneeling on one knee.

The masked bandit’s eyes sparkled and said, ” Wonderful, we will go back now. Make sure you burn all the bodies and the whole place like it never existed.”
    “Yes Elder!”

The masked elder was laughing as he left while keeping the treasure he stole firmly near his chest. He’s been searching for decades on the legendary treasure that could shake the world of Spirita. Just about five years ago, he found clues that the treasure might be in a nameless village at a remote floated valley. Even he have never heard of this place, as it was purposely hidden to guard something important. He carefully planned everything for this day and finally got his hands on the ultimate treasure!

The remaining bandits were ordered to clean up the village. Ye Tian’s body was dragged and thrown near a pit site. The other villagers dead bodies were also thrown at the pit. The bandits started whispering and moving their hands quickly. All of a sudden, a burning flame appeared in the air and it gradually became bigger and hotter. This was a team spell!

“Flame void, burn!”

The flame moved towards the bodies. It burned slowly the first few seconds, but it expanded rapidly afterwards that covered the whole village. The heat was so intense, all they could see was a crimson color surrounding the whole area.

“We should return now. Mission accomplished.” The group leader said. After 20 minutes of watching village being burned, they left the site. Even after a few minutes, not even the strongest Daoist was able to survive such heat.

Within the crimson flames, bodies that were once there no longer existed…..except for one! This body was Ye Tian’s body, but he was still unharmed and unconscious. Then a spirit the size of a tennis ball came out of his body and looked at Ye Tian before the spirit went back inside. Why is this happening? After several hours, the flame died out and the place was like a vast area of nothingness.

In the middle of the night, when everything was calm and quiet, Ye Tian opened his eyes. He was shocked he hasn’t died yet and checked on the wounds he had. There were blood stains all over his clothes, but the opened wounds were no longer there.

“What happened? How did I survive?,” thought Ye Tian. He tried to recall all the things that happened that day but couldn’t figure out anything. He was angry, sad, and desperate to find clues. How did the bandits find this place?

Then he felt a burning sensation within his heart. He tried to sense what’s happening by using his cultivation. Ye Tian, at 15 years of age, was considered a phenomenal genius among the cultivators world. He has reached The early stage of the Supreme Dao realm. Very few in history have reached the same stage as he did, and all of them became legends. A rare genius would be at the early stage of the Great Dao realm, which is below the Supreme Dao realm. And below the Great Dao realm was the start of all realms, the Master Dao realm.

Ye Tian found a blue pearl within his heart. He tried to extract it, but he realized it already became a part of him. He tried to think how did this object penetrated his body. He finally came to a conclusion, that it was probably his father that secretly pushed this pearl into his body while he was running away. The pain that he felt from his dad’s palm was most likely the result of this pearl. Ye Tian tried to figure out what this pearl can do. He tried using different spells to activate it, but nothing happened. He tried to connect with it, but there was no response. Every trick he knew turned out to be useless. In the end there was no progress.

Ye Tian finally opened his eyes, the sun was already rising in this early morning. He looked around and saw nothing but a grazed land. He finally remembered his sisters and the other children. He was extremely worried that they have shared the same fate.He quickly got up and ran towards the hidden underground area. Before he left, he took a final look at the place that was once belonged to his home and dropped to his knees and bowed countless times. Each bow was to respect and remember each member of the village!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Chapter 3 – Our parents won’t be coming back

After finishing his last bow, he hurriedly ran towards the underground cave. He arrived and went inside whispering to himself, “please be alive, please be alive…” Fortunately he saw the children and checked every single one of them. They were all sleeping. None of them were harmed. That means the bandits didn’t know they existed and never found this area.
    Ye Chun was the first one that woke up and said to his brother, “brother, what happened at the village. The noises lasted for so long. Did something bad happened?” The rest of the children started waking up and saw Ye Tian, and asked similar questions. Ye Tian responded, “everything is alright, the rest of the elders went to do something important and they won’t return for a while. But Don’t worry, they told me to take you guys to see the rest of the world for you to experience the lives of other people. You will see a lot more people, and the some of the buildings you will see are as enormous as the whole village. You will also find some beasts that you’ve never seen.”

Ye Tian, at this time thought it was fortunate that the children did not know what really happened last night. He needed to think how to take care of them and keep this secret with him until he dies. The children were have always relied on Ye Tian. He was the big brother they all respected and admired. Some were younger by a couple of years and the youngest of them all was his youngest sister with a 10 years difference.

“Come on everyone, we should get going. Going back to the village is useless because there is an array that hides the village. We won’t be able to enter the array,” Ye Tian claimed.

Within the floating valley, there was a waterfall deep within the forest. This is the place where Ye Tian and the gang arrived. Ye Tian walked towards the waterfall, but he went around the waterfall. Behind the waterfall there is a little cave. Everyone followed him inside the cave. Within this cave there was an altar that teleports people to the outside world. Ye Tian started a certain formation that made the altar glow brightly.

Ye Tian said, “Little rascals, let’s go see what the outside world can offer!”

Everyone was excited and without thinking any further, they went through the altar. Somewhere in the outside world within the mountains, there was a cave. Suddenly, Ye Tian and the gang came out of this cave, which had an altar connected to the floated valley.

Ye Tian took something from his bag. This bag was stored within the underground storage cave that had many essential for the villagers if the were to visit the outside world. It was a map that he took out. He realized that they were now at the Star Empire and a day away from the capital.

Star empire was perhaps the strongest entity known to this world. Their domination controlled half of the Forest continent, with other smaller empire and kingdoms controlling the other half. This world has 13 continents divided by massive oceans, where some of the continents are floating including the Forest Continent.

Ye Tian and the rest continued to walk down the mountain while many of the children were looking around trying to identify anything they haven’t seen before. By evening, they arrived at a small town down the mountain. This town wasn’t anything special. It was mostly bars and inns for travelers to use. Ye Tian saw a travelling group and asked them, “Excuse me elder, is this group going to the capital?” The elder said, “Yes we are, but we’re waiting for some others before we leave.”

“If elder and the group are going to the capital, can my brothers, sisters, and I join the group? I have some zoids to cover the expenses.” Zoids are money in this world. The elder worriedly said, “where are your parents?”

Ye Tian responded, “Our parents won’t be coming back home for a year, We were told to reach the capital and not to wait for them. Don’t worry elder, we have some relatives expecting us in the capital.” The elder couldn’t say no and there were still plenty of space left in the back wagons. “Alright, but we’re not responsible if anything happens along the way. Do you understand?” replied the elder. “Yes elder, we will take care of ourselves and won’t cause you any trouble,” Ye Tian concluded.

Ye Tian and the rest followed closely to one of the wagons that had few people that looked harmless. He wanted the safest situation. After waiting for a while, the whole traveling group started moving on their way to the capital. The group set a break stop after three quarters of the way to get some rest. Fortunately, there no bandits around the area because they were near the capital, and there were patrolling guards hiding to patrol the area.

Ye Tian, grabbed some food from his interspatial pouch. This pouch was very common and unworthy for attention. He handed the food out to the rest of the children. One of the children asked, “Big brother, where are the beasts?” Another also asked, “How much longer till we arrive the capital?” They were all excited to see anything unusual to them, such as one of the traveler that had worn unique outfit than the rest and had a pet beast as big as a wagon. Good thing was the beast was a herbivore.

“By tomorrow, we should arrive. But eat first and get a good sleep. Tomorrow you will have enough energy to exhaust” Ye Tian responded. The children were actually tired but still excited. Throughout the whole day, they were scanning their surroundings nonstop.

As the night closes, everyone was asleep. Ye Tian was still awake but had his eyes closed. He felt a slight stinging pain within his heart again.

He grabbed his chest and thought, “What is this pearl?”

“Why did father put this inside me?”

“Who were those people? Why did they have to kill everyone?”

“I need to find out the truth even if it cost me my life!” Ye Tian was squeezing his fist so tight that blood started dripping to the ground. That night, he could never forget. A scar that will remain within his heart throughout his lifetime. Tears fell upon his eyes, but those eyes also showed hints of vengeance!

Chapter 4 – Destiny City

Ye Xue asked, “Big brother, the place that we’re going..what is it called?”

“Destiny City. It’s the capital of the Star Empire and it has over 50,000 years of history. In fact it’s one of the oldest city that has still survived till today,” Ye Tian responded while holding her hand.

Morning arrived, everyone was getting ready to depart. Although it should be bright, there was heavy fog.

“Everyone, because of the fog, we’ve decided to travel a bit slower to be cautious. We will arrive at the capital by past noon,” The leader of the traveling pack announced.

Noon arrived, but the children were asleep. Since morning, they’re eyes couldn’t stop moving due to their excitement. Only Ye Tian and a few adults were still awake. One of the adults, an elderly man, said to Ye Tian, “Young man, it must be tough for you to take care of these children by yourself. If you’re having trouble, there are a few foster homes in the capital. Their fate will decide their future…”

Ye Tian was a bit worried. How did this elder find out that they’re homeless? Or was it just a guess? His facial expression was relaxed and laughed, “Elder you’re mistaken. We have relatives that are waiting for us in the capital. You should not worry about us.”

The elder looked at Ye Tian for a while trying to find any differences. Ye Tian stared at him back and kept smiling. After a while, “……hmmm very well. I cannot interfere other people’s affairs. But if what you said is true, then that is for the best. Mind my nosiness. I have some wine from back home. How about we drink together?”

“I would be grateful, elder.” Ye Tian responded. He never drank wine before in his life. But a cup or two should not affect him anyway. Plus, with his cultivation, he can release all the toxic within a few minutes of meditation.

“People call me Old Jin. May I ask the name of this young hero?”

“Elder Jin, I’m Ye Tian, but I’m no hero,” Ye Tian laughed.

“Hahaha my mistake. I would’ve thought you were a hero on the rise for greatness with such cultivation,” Old Jin said.

At this moment, Ye Tian was cautious. How did the old man find out about his cultivation? Can he be a cultivator too?

“Ye Tian, please do not misunderstand me. It’s just your aura exudes heroic nobility. How about this…getting to know is our destiny. How about we drink another cup to seal our friendship?” Old Jin proposed.

“That would be an honor. Elder Jin, you will be my first friend when we’ve arrived at the capital.” Ye Tian drank another cup respectfully.

“Hahaha, it’s great to meet new friends. Ye Tian, if you have the time to talk again, please come to the Star Guardian school. I work and live there, so you can come and ask anybody for my name. Show them this pendant, and this shouldn’t be a problem for you.”

Ye Tian accepted the pendant and replied, “Elder Jin, I will be glad to meet with you again…..but this pendant, I cannot accept…”

“It’s a common pendant, it’s nothing of value. Everyone has one in the school so think nothing of it,” Elder Jin interfered.

Ye Tian was thinking about it, and finally accepted. “Very well, Elder Jin, I will humbly accept this pendant. To meet with you again will be a pleasant experience.”

Just as he said this, the wagon stopped. The leader of the group announced, “Everyone, we have arrived at Destiny city. The headquarters ahead of you will be a place to seek information about the city.”

As the children heard the loud voice, they woke up. They have only head “We’ve arrived,” but that was enough for them to jump out of the wagon and looked around like crazy.

Walls as huge as a legendary mythical giant. They saw people riding on flying beasts. They could see the endless emerald ocean filled with water turtle beast and ships. Some ships were flying throughout the city. The children didn’t know how big it was because they’re looking at the distance, but they would be surprised at how massive some of the ships are. They are as big as the whole village they lived in!

While the children were in awe, the ocean waves started to become bigger and bigger. Booooom! A flying beast erupted from the ocean ascending at such high altitude. The flying beast was stunningly beautiful that looked like a phoenix. The body and the head were white in color, but the wings were surrounded by purple flames!

Ye Xue was so scared she started to grip Ye Tian’s clothes tightly. Ye Tian stroke her head and said, “Little Xue, do not be afraid. This beast has never hurt any good people and they definitely don’t eat people.”

Ye Xue was a little relieved but still couldn’t let go of Ye Tian. Ye Chun could only laughed at her little sister. Ye chun was several youngers than Ye Tian. She was old enough to read some book and have heard of this legendary beast. But now she was excited to finally see one with her eyes.

After the phoenix came out of the ocean, the water started splitting all the way to the shipping port. Only the ones closest to the port were able to see this amazing change. Between the splitting ocean, there was two elders, a man and a woman, and a beautiful young girl that accompanied them. She was about the same age as Ye Tian, and exudes a royal aura that would charm all boys to kneel to their feet.

The two elders and the young girl flew out of the splitting ocean and continued flying to the center of the city. The ocean started to merge slowly without harming anyone or anything nearby.

Ye Tian and the rest couldn’t see who they were. They could only see the body of the phoenix.

“Elder Jin till we meet again. And thank you for the lovely wine.” Ye Tian cupped his hands towards Elder Jin.

“Yes, we shall. I still have some extra wine. i will give you one as a departing gift.”

“Thank you, elder Jin.” They both cupped their hands and bowed slightly to each other.

Ye Tian, Finally looked ahead of the city while the rest of the children were holding hands connected to Ye Tian.

“Destiny City….please show me a path…” Ye Tian murmured to himself.

Chapter 5 – New Home

Just as Ye Tian and the crew walked towards the visitor headquarter, Old Jin was looking at him at a far distant.

“A monstrous genius! Such a profound cultivation at such a young age. I’ve never seen anyone like him. Not even the greatest heroes had achieved the supreme dao realm at such an age. The youngest in history was at the age of 23! I should inform Leader Xue Long about this boy. He could help a great deal in the near future for the Star empire!”

Old Jin flew away and disappeared as he got further.

At the headquarter, Ye Tian went to the visitor receptionist to ask for some information about the city. As he walked back towards the children, a youth a few olders than him approached him. “My friend, I can tell you’re new here. I got this map I can sell you for 50 zoids.” Ye Tian quickly declined. Anyone could purchase a map for 20 zoids! “Hahaha, I know what you’re thinking friend, this map I’m selling is no ordinary map. I’ve worked on this map throughout my life. If you want to find a black market, the government headquarters, the noble residences, cheapest inns, and best neighborhoods in town, it’s all in this map. I also circled areas that you should be cautious around. You can even take a look at it briefly to prove I’m not fooling you,” The other youth offered.

Ye Tian decided to take a look at it, and this map was definitely different and have much more information than the ordinary map he looked at near the receptionist store. “Senior brother, this map is too expensive. How about 40 zoids?,” Ye Tian asked. The older youth frowned and counter offered, “45 zoids. I normally offer others for 55 zoids, but I had a good feeling from you so I lowered my price. I can’t go any lower than this. How about it?”

After a moment, Ye Tian accepted the offer. He thought this map would help him a great deal in the future. “What’s your name, friend?” The older youth asked.

“Ye Tian”

“Alright Ye Tian, good doing business with you. I’m Ma Qian, if you ever need information about anything, I’m your best guy guaranteed! Remember to never go around those areas I marked with caution. Trouble will get you in deeper shit than you can ever imagine,” Ma Qian warned with a gloomy face.

“I will, thank you for your warning.” Ye Tian bowed slightly while looking at him. Ye Tian thought something bad must have happened to him around those warning regions. He continued to study the new map. He was amazed on how detailed the map is and how much information it accompanied, including prices in different stores or inns, people of power in each area, and…..where the beautiful ladies tend to wander around.

He finally chose an area and brought the rest of the children to the destination area. Once they arrived, Ye Tian negotiated with the land owner and got the price that he wanted. Ye Tian was thankful the underground storage at his village saved up enough zoids for emergency. The land owner was dissatisfied but still gave the key to Ye Tian. When they arrived to their new home, some of the kids were shocked. The building was small but dusty like it had been abandoned for decades. Although it was small, it had enough space for the rest to sleep at. The house also had a small outdoor kitchen and storage room.

“Little brothers and sister, this will be our new home. It’s small and it needs to be cleaned up, but this is how many people live in the outside world. We need to learn and keep moving forward, Ye Tian proclaimed. “Yes, big brother,” all replied. The children have grown up with minimal necessities in the village, so there wasn’t a big difference to their current living conditions, except that it’s smaller and more crowded.

Ye Tian assigned Ye Chun to delegate work among the children to tidy up and maintain the house. Although it was in the evening, Ye Tian decided to go out and explore the city to get familiar with it. But most importantly, he needed to find a job! He saw some wanted signs for soldiers to serve some big family clans, but he decided not to. Although he was not the most powerful, he didn’t want anyone to know his unbelievable cultivation. It would create unwanted trouble!

The sun was setting, and Ye Tian finally found a job at a medicine shop. This would give him a temporary income while learning the foundations of potions. He was happy that he made some progress, but all of a sudden, a gang of youth not much older than Ye Tian, saw him. One of them said, “This boy looks pretty rich, let’s help him out a bit.” The others smiled. Ye Tian saw them coming towards him and cupped his hands. “Kid, let me borrow some money. I promise to pay you back. Here is an IOU noted with my signature on it,” the leader said. Meanwhile the rest of the crew were reaching all over the pockets of Ye Tian’s clothes. Ye Tian hurriedly said, Seniors, I come from a humble background so I do not have much money.” The leader responded, “Psss, just a broke ass boy, beat him.” Ye Tian was beaten and never fought back. He could’ve easily beaten the group but he didn’t want any future trouble. He walked back home with bruises and blood stains on his clothes. It was already late at night. The rest of the kids should’ve slept by this time. He purposely waited to come home this late to avoid worrying others. Except Ye Chun was still awake and was waiting for him. When she saw him, she broke into tears. “Big brother, what happened? Are you okay? Let me take care of those wounds,” Ye Chun cried. Ye Tian responded, “It’s alright. Just a bunch of hoodlums that got nothing better to do. With my cultivation, it didn’t really hurt me. They were much weaker than I am. But never mind that, I have good news. I got a job!” This was a way to lessen Ye Chun’s worry. “Ye Chun still had teardrops, but was also happy of the good news. “Brother, please eat up. You’ve hadn’t eaten all day. You must be hungry,” Ye Chun grabbed a plate of food that saved for him. “Alright, go to sleep now. Tomorrow is the first day of my job,” Ye Tian concluded.

Over the past two weeks, Ye Tian was working from morning till late, while Ye Chun and another kid went to the market to buy some groceries to feed others. Everything went without a hitch, until one day…..

Last edited: Jan 13, 2017
  2. Elion

Elion Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    A bit short,and they gave up quickly :/

Nice grammar tho

3. Fordask

Fordask I feel like having a Bacon Pizza

Reading List:
    Link
    Can you even have character development with only a single chapter?

4. SoulZer0

SoulZer0 Heaven Refining

Reading List:
    Link
    Hey man, nice story you got there. But you're not following the format that has been set.

You need tags and table of contents(required)

You can see the format here.

http://forum.novelupdates.com/threads/community-fiction-rules.61/

asdfghjkl likes this.
  5. myspellbind

Reading List:
    Link
    No, my grammar is just average. I'm pretty sure there will be errors and I do try to revise it as much as I can, lol. I've just added 5 chapters. Enjoy!

6. myspellbind

Reading List:
    Link

7. SoulZer0

SoulZer0 Heaven Refining

Reading List:
    Link
    I see that you've added 5 more chapters, as you can see, it is very long. So you need to use spoiler tags. I had read the first chapter. Your pacing is quite fast, something that I like.

8. myspellbind

Reading List:
    Link
    Hi, I've adjusted the formatting according to the rules, but I can't insert the link for table of content. Can anyone show me the instructions? I also added the spoiler in every chapter but it did not show up. I'm still learning this....

9. NinjapowerMS

NinjapowerMS Local man ruins everything

Reading List:
    Link
    Are you planning on updating regularly?
    Planning on following this and see where it takes me :^)

10. myspellbind

Reading List:
    Link
    Yes. I'm planning to do 5-6 chapters a week.

NinjapowerMS likes this.
  11. myspellbind

Reading List:
    Link
    Chapter 6 – Internal Healing Garden

Ye Tian’s younger sister, Ye Chun was a pretty young child. She would become an astonishing beautiful lady just like her mom. Because Ye chun has been going to the market everyday, she’s gotten the attention of several noble boys. Needless to say, these boys were spoiled since they were a child. Everything they want they should have. One day, one of the noble named Xi Gan, brought his clansmen to kidnap Ye Chun and force her to marry him in the future. Ye Tian found out about this when one the child that always accompanied Ye Chun ran towards the medicine shop that Ye Tian was working at. Furious as he was, he ran wildly towards her sister.

“Stop what you’re doing. Kidnapping is a crime and let go of my sister,” Ye Tian yelled.

“Hahaha, senior, Ye chun has agreed to accompany me to my place. Why would I kidnap her,” the boy responded.

It was obvious that it was kidnapping, when Ye Chun’s mouth was sealed with a cloth and blindfolded. Ye Tian did not want trouble but deep inside he was really angry. He tried to calm himself and said, “Young master, as her guardian and older brother, she has always informed me if she wishes to go somewhere. If she wishes to go with you, I need to hear that from her. Please release her right away and let us go our separate ways,” Ye Tian proposed. “How dare you! DO you know who I am. Why would I lie to you. If you weren’t her brother I would’ve killed you. To be fair, I will let this go. Come on guys, let’s go back,” the boy said.

The boy and his clansmen turned around and went back carrying Ye Chun. Ye Tian was furious at this point. In order to save his sister, he had to risk something that he did not want to show. Like lighting, he dashed forward and then BOOOmm! The two clansmen who were carrying Ye Chun, flew a few meters away fell on the ground unconscious. They never knew what happened to them. When Ye Tian’s palms hit the back of the two clansmen, he immediately grabbed Ye Chun away and dashed backward to his original position.

Two other clansmen, who were actually in the mid form of supreme dao realm reacted quicker than the boy. Just when Ye Tian was dashing backward, the other two turned around and started to move towards him in attack mode. Seeing this, Ye Tian, used on of his foot to stomp on the ground. The impact allowed a mass of dirt soil to burst into the air, which temporarily stopped the two clansmen.

“Go back home now,” Ye Tian said to Ye Chun. He also gave her the pendant that Old Jin gave him. “If I don’t show up, don’t search for me. Find the Star Guardian school and give this pendant to seek a person, named “Elder Jin,” Ye Tian hurriedly said. Ye Chun did not want to leave. “GO NOW!,” Ye Tian yelled. She hesitantly left. She knew her brother was very strong for his age, so there shouldn’t be a problem.

“Stop her,” the boy yelled. Just as the two clansmen started dashing forward Ye Chun, Ye Tian blocked them and a furious battle went on. One against two with a higher cultivation! Ye Tian was hit a hammer that was held by one of the clansmen. His arm was fractured trying to block the impact. He withheld the pain, regained his balance and took a powerful step forward while his other arm prepared a punch. As he was preparing, a high cultivator could see the hand was surrounded by a mysterious chi that looked like a ring of light.

The punch directly hit his opponent’s chest. The sound of the impact was loud. The punch was at least twice as strong as the same cultivator realm would be able to do. The punch heavily injured his opponent coughing up a huge amount of blood. The other clansmen was able to make a palm hit towards Ye Tian’s rib cage, as he saw his clansmen heavily injured, he dashed back as far as possible. The strength Ye Tian showed could heavily injure both of the clansmen.

Ye Tian was 10 meters away from the Xi clansmen. The other two clansmen did not want to continue further after seeing Ye Tian’s strength even though they had a higher cultivation. They needed more reinforcements to deal with him. “Young master, we’ll go back and find another way.” one of the clansmen proposed with a serious stare towards the boy. The boy was angry, but he knew they couldn’t win, and barked at Ye Tian, “You bastard, I will make you pay with your life. Let’s go.”

Ye Tian went back to see if Ye Chun returned home safely, then went back to the medicine shop. The medicine shop was called Internal Healing Garden. His injuries were fairly serious but only need some time to recover. He had to think of a way now that trouble has come to him. The master of the medicine shop saw Ye Tian came back and tend to his wounds. She was a saint among the workers and treated everyone with kindness. Ye Tian had no other choice to as the master, “Elder master Fan, I;m in need of your help badly. I hope you can consider this issue and I will do anything you ask me.” Ye Tian told the truth of what happened to him and his sister. Master Fan was depressed but was not surprised when she heard this. Many nobles were atrocious and have committed many crimes throughout the city. She didn’t hesitate to accept Ye Tian’s request of having Master Fan to take care of Ye Chun and Ye Xue for the time being.

“Ye Tian, do not worry about your sisters. I might not be powerful but I have some strong backings and most nobles won’t dare cause trouble with our Internal Healing Garden shop. Hurry back to your home and bring your sisters here,” Master Fan responded with such calmness.

“Thank you elder master Fan. I’m very thankful for your help and I will do anything if ask me to,” Ye Tian gladly replied.

“Don’t worry about that, just go back and hurry,” she said quickly.

Ye Tian hurriedly went back to his home with all his might and was able to safely bring his sisters back to Internal healing Garden. He was relieved that they would be much safer here than anywhere else. The master of the medicine shop and the workers were all nice and helpful people.

Of course, the Xi clan had someone follow Ye Tian and spy on him. When the young master Xi heard of this, he smashed his cup of tea and beat one his servants. Now that Ye Chun is far out of his reach, he can only get his revenge on Ye Tian.

“Ye Tian, I will make sure you live a living hell from now on. Just you watch,” young master Xi had a devilish smile and thoughts.

SoulZer0 likes this.
  12. myspellbind

Reading List:
    Link
    Chapter 7 – Covered In Blood

Ye Tian made some healing potions and antidote during the quiet few days. He was getting prepared for any worse situation. He didn’t even come home in fear that the Xi clan would harm the other children. The children were intelligent and resourceful people from the past experience they had in the village. Ye Tian gave them most of the zoids he had to manage themselves.

A few days later, The Xi clan harassed the children and started beating them one by one. When the whole medicine shop learned of this, they’ve informed Ye Tian about the news. Elder master Fan offered to help him but Ye Tian kindly refused the offer. Elder Fan did more than enough to protect his sisters and gave him a job. Ye Tian ran quickly and arrived near his home within a few minutes. Within the distance, Ye Tian saw some of the Xi clansmen and young master Xi. Ye TIan couldn’t bother negotiating with them any further. This was an all out battle.

His first target was the young master! He gathered his inner chi and dashed forward and hit one of the clansmen with a fist. Bam! It was actually one of the Middle Supreme Dao realm that had battled with Ye Tian the other day. The impact had the clansmen thrown a few meters and fell to the ground, but he wasn’t as seriously injured! His ripped robe showed a silver armor that was protecting him from the majority impact. Nevertheless, the impact still stung the clansmen with blood spilling all over his mouth.

Ye Tian got everyone’s attention. Everyone knew he was strong once they saw the impact. They started chasing him, but Ye Tian started running away. This was his plan to have all the clansmen target him and leave the children for further harm. A couple of the clansmen that were able to catch up with Ye Tian, were cultivators at early infinite Dao realm. Those who were able to see them would’ve been shocked that Ye Tian was almost equally battling the two infinite dao realm fighters as they kept dashing from one place to another place. Ye Tian was able to defend their attacks for many breaths, but he was getting exhausted. The battle was already quite a distance from his home. Ye Tian didn’t bother running away further. He was prepared to fight to the end!

“Aaargh,” one of the fighter screamed. Ye Tian took the hit but at the same time one of his arm locked in with the other fighter’s arm that hit him and broke his arm with forearm. The locking strength was not inferior and the forearm was as solid as a rough diamond. But then the other fighter was able to land a heavy kick from the back.Ye Tian was hit from both sides. He fell and slid to the ground for a few meters, but quickly got up and countered by dashing to the fighter with the broken arm. The other fighter saw this and prepared to block Ye Tian’s attack, but it was a feint. Ye Tian’s original aim was the uninjured fighter and it was a combination attack that he learned while cultivating in the village. The first attack was a punch towards the injured fighter, but when the other fighter got close to Ye Tian, he quickly changed form with a dashing forward elbow towards the fighter’s rib, then a flying uppercut knee that landed near between the neck and chest area of the fighter. As Ye Tian was in the air with the other fighter, he already prepared his strongest attack from the combination. This final fist attack had tremendous energy revolving around his arm. Everyone around could felt the massive energy, especially the infinite dao real cultivators!

Wham! Just as Ye Tian prepared his final attack, he got hit by an internal energy slash from the distance that came from out of the kick unleashed by the first injured fighter. The energy hit injured Ye Tian’s internal system into chaos. He fell a bit of distance before smashing to one of the nearby walls. By this time, the rest of the clansmen catched up to them. One of the infinite dao fighter yelled, “beat him badly, he’s already injured.” They listened to his command and started unleashing an array of physical and internal energy attack. Although they were weaker than Ye Tian, multiple hits are still effective.

The dragged Ye Tian all the way to the city centre where many people usually gather. This was a way to humiliate him. Bloodied and half-unconscious, Ye Tian’s eyes were half open. When they arrived, the guards that were holding him stood him up in the air. Suddenly, the young master unleashed a double fist attack. The young master Xi wore mysterious gloves that could enhanced his attack up considerably. With no energy defending the attack, the hit forced Ye Tian to fall and smashed to one of the elevated platform. His head fell back as his head was outside of the platform.

He almost fell unconscious, but his eyes opened wider and stared at several figures a distance away from him. The elders were speaking to each other about some matters unknown to most. Several elders glanced at Ye Tian staring at them, but didn’t give a damn care to see how bloodied he was. Only a few couple elders frowned seeing Ye Tian, but did not interfere. After a few moments, they all left the scene.

Everyone at the scene was scared of seeing Ye Tian covered in blood with little life left, but they also found some of the Xi clansmen were heavily injured. It wasn’t a fair fight, but they knew The Xi clan suffered some setbacks. The Xi clan did not continue further and went back after they saw the elders. Those elders must have been someone powerful and important in the capital city.

Evening fell, Rain started to fall. Ye Tian was still at the same position for those few hours but those eyes of his were shaking. He could’ve moved about an hour ago, but chose to be lifeless. Only his eyes were thinking of something. One of the children, named Song Qing, was a bit hurt but he still followed Ye Tian throughout the battle. As most people were gone, he ran towards Ye Tian, and started giving him some antidote and healing medicine for Ye Tian absorb.

“Big brother, please stay alive. This is all our fault because we are too weak to defend ourselves,” the boy cried. He stayed beside Ye Tian the whole time until a moment ago, when Ye Tian came to his senses and told Song Qing, “Litt…le bro, …leave and go back…”

“But Big bro, I need you to get to the Internal Healing Garden to have them take care of your wounds.”

“It doesn’t matter, I will survive….I;m not dead yet. Go back home and take care of the others. You’re the oldest in that place now, okay?”

“Big bro…”

“Go…,” Ye Tian smiled at him.

Song Qing finally left before giving him all the medicine he had. His fist was closed tightly as he ran with anger.

Moments later when the rain started fall heavily, Ye Tian finally moved. He sat up for a bit of a moment and stood up with some strength and walked toward an unknown direction…..

SoulZer0 likes this.
  13. myspellbind

Reading List:
    Link
    Chapter 8 – She Whispered

Ye Tian was grabbing his broken rib cage while walking soullessly. He didn’t know where he was going, only his mind was thinking of something else. The red puddles trail was left from the dried blood of Ye Tian’s.

Bummm.

At the intersection of some street, Ye Tian bumped into someone that was about to turn to the street he was walking at. Ye Tian never looked ahead all this time until he bumped into this person. This person was a mesmerizing young woman that looked like the same age as Ye Tian and wore a white gown with purple embroidement and a sheet of cloth covering her head form the rain. The young woman stepped a few steps backwards from the impact while looking at Ye Tian. She realized how Ye Tian was bloodied and obviously in really bad condition. Ye Tian just looked at her for a breath of time and continued walking ahead soullessly. He did not apologize nor said a word to her. Just as he was about to walk past her, the young woman’s interspatial ring blinked and some things came out. She stuck these things on the back of Ye Tian with a little spell she whispered. Ye Tian couldn’t be bothered and walked pass by.

The young woman stared at Ye Tian’s back with sorrowful eyes. It almost seems like she knew what happened. She did not know why she kept staring at him until his figure disappeared. The moment Ye Tian disappeared, the young woman closed her eyes for a moment before walking again towards the opposite direction.

Ye Tian did not go back to Internal Healing Garden or to his home. He found a shelter where he sat down with his head down. It was not until the next morning, he raised his head. His eyes was burning with fire like he has made up his mind and determined to accomplish it with his life. Ever since he walked away from his platform, he has been thinking about a lot of things….the battle that happened in the village, his father and mother dying in front of him, the children, and his sisters. He had some solutions to some of his problems but not all of them. He didn’t want to think further and started to initiate his plan.

PLOPPP. Something fell. He searched around and found there were some nice stuff behind him. He didn’t bother to look at it further and put all the stuff inside his interspatial ring. The little spell worn off that caused the items to fall off his back.

In the morning, the market was bustling with plenty of vendors and buyers. The market was big and it would take a few hours to see through all the stores. Ye Tian was able to buy some scrolls and ingredients along the way. He found a little street that was mostly empty, which he though would be one of the exit areas from the market. He went through the little street and saw something eye-catching. It was a sign that wrote “Forgetfulness Potion.” He pondered for a while and asked the vendor lady if this potion is the real deal.

“Try it yourself if you don’t believe me,” the vendor lady smiled wickedly.

“How can you guarantee that this potion work without trying it myself?”

“Try it on somebody else.” the lady shrugged.

Ye Tian was a bit indecisive and was about to leave.

“The potion effects last for 10 years. After that it’s up to the person whether he can remember anything or not. But I guarantee when the person takes this potion, they won’t remember a thing. In fact you can manipulate some of the memories. If it doesn’t work, come back here and I will offer you my most valuable price for free,” the old lady offered.

“What’s your most valuable thing?,” Ye Tian countered.

“A sword. A long time ago a demon held this sword and massacred hundreds of thousands of people, and those who died, the souls are refined to enhance the sword. It could probably kill an immortal by now,” the old lady proudly said.

“How about I choose for myself?,” Ye Tian offered.

“Go ahead and choose. You don’t know what’s good in front of your eyes,” the lady complained.

Ye Tian carefully scanned throughout the store and found a black outfit. He asked, “What is this?”

“Not too sure, but a legendary thief worn this before he was killed. I assumed it’s something really good, but nobody has figured out what exactly this outfit does.”

For whatever reason, his instinct says this is something that could be a great help to him. He didn’t care if he chose the wrong thing.

“I choose this outfit.” Ye Tian said.

“Hahaha, that outfit has been with my ancestors and nobody could figure it out what it does. I think it’s just a regular outfit. Whatever, I can give that to you now as long as you pay for these potions.”

Ye Tian glady accept the offer and left. The old lady smiled and whispered, “The person who uses this potion on someone, that person will be cursed throughout his life! Hehehe.”

After exiting the market area, he walked around at different places and observed carefully from the distance. He was observing the people, the buildings, and the conditions of each area. He suddenly marked a few dots in his map. He did this throughout the whole day until late evening. The map now had several dots but what was it for?

Ye Tian went back to the shelter to draw up his plan. He needed to execute the plan as soon as possible before trouble comes again. He knew that young master Xi wouldn’t let this issue go. A spoiled brat always gets his way and won’t stop at anything to achieve his goals. Ye Tian also created some healing potion and a couple of poison from the ingredients he bought earlier. He took one of the healing potion and cultivated for a while.

Nighttime arrived and it was at this time, he remembered the stuff he put inside his interspatial ring earlier and took it out. It turns out that these stuffs were actually high grade healing potion! He tried to remember where he got this from, but only an image of a young woman appeared in his mind. He concluded that these potions came from her, but unfortunately he never got a clear look of the young woman’s face. Nevertheless, he was thankful that there were still kind-hearted people in this city. He thought to himself that if they were to meet again, he would return these potions and thank her for her generosity.

The healing potion worked overtime and improved Ye Tian’s condition to 90%. Only the broken rib cage needed some time to heal. He could’ve used the high grade healing potion, but he decided not to use it in case of emergency. Ye Tian finally took a rest and slept until morning. Tomorrow is the day that he will execute his plan!

SoulZer0 likes this.
  14. myspellbind

Reading List:
    Link
    Chapter 9 – Forgetful Potion

The sun started rising. Ye Tian woke up and checked his conditions.

“Most of it’s healed…not too bad.”

Ye Tian headed to his home and saw the rest of the children. He went to the kitchen and started cooking and prepared some drinks. It’s been a while since he’s home and he’s never had a chance to take care of the kids. They’ve suffered a bit, and it saddened Ye Tian. His heart was hurting but he was still smiling as he cooked. One of the children, named Chen Hua, woke up and was the primary cook in the house. Seeing Ye Tian, Chen Hua was delighted and said, “BIG BROTHER!.” The loud sound woke everyone up and everyone gathered in the kitchen only to see Ye Tian was finally home. They were all excited.

“Alright rascals, go back and prepare the plates. Today I’m cooking for you guys,” Ye Tian said.

“Do you need help big bro?” one of them asked.

“No. I’m almost done. Sit down and relax. Today you’re going to taste my special dish!,” Ye Tian responded.

The kids already prepared the plates and cups. Ye Tian finally finished cooking and served them the food. The Tea was still brewing. Ye Tian ate together with them and discussed what happened over the past few days. Most of the kids that were beaten recovered as they were mostly minor injuries. A few had more injuries but wasn’t too serious. Ye Tian handed each of them healing potions that he created a day earlier.

“Big brother, did you beat that stupid kid who tried to kidnap Big sister Ye Chun?” one of them asked.

“Unfortunately not, but I did give them some serious blow. I’m sure they’re still thinking of me,” Ye Tian replied.

“We should report this to the city guards, so they don’t trouble big bro anymore,” another proposed.

“No. It’s not necessary. Everything will be fine.” Ye Tian replied. He then headed to the kitchen. After a while, he came back with a teapot and started pouring the drinks. “Drink up. This is a really good tea that I found,” Ye Tian instructed.

The kids finished the drinks and continued talking with Ye Tian. He replied most of their questions.

“Big bro, when all the village elders come……” one of them said and started falling asleep.

“Yeah big bro, I can’t wait for the rest of the villagers…..” another said before falling asleep.

One by one they all fell asleep.

“It seems this forgetful potion is working. I have only one day to get this done before they wake up again.”

He took out his map and started to choose one of the dots. He carried one of the kids and started dashing quickly to spotted map. Once they arrived, Ye Tian saw a residential manor that was big and in a very nice neighborhood. It seems like the family that lives here are well off. Ye Tian entered the manor’s garden and arrived at one of the main living doors. No one was around, and he knocked the door loudly before laying the child until on the ground with a blanket sheet around. Ye Tian left quickly from the manor and into the shadow distance. The door opened, and saw an old grandpa with a few guards. One of the guards saw the sleeping child with a letter in his hand. The guard handed the letter to the old grandpa. The grandpa read the letter and sighed. He instructed the guards to bring the child in with care.

Within the distance, Ye Tian saw all of this and smiled. Then he left quickly back to home before doing the same thing again to another kid at a different marked spot. It took him from early morning to mid afternoon until he finally delivered the final child to its destination. Everything went smoothly as all the residential head accepted the children brought to them.

This was Ye Tian’s plan that he thought carefully. All those marked spots are now the residences of each child of his village. The map he bought from Ma Qian had a lot of useful information about the current influential families in this city and their reputation. The day before, he observed all these residences to make sure he made the right choice. Ye Tian finally smiled but in his heart, he was heartbroken.

Their village was destroyed. Only he knew all the villagers were killed. He was too young and too weak without any influence in this city. Only trouble and suffering will be in their road. Such a harsh life would make the children live without a bright future. Giving them away to Honest and well-off families will give them a brighter future and most important of all….Peace!

“I hope when the 10 years from now, they won’t remember anything about the village or me…..it’s better this way,” Ye Tian said this to himself while gripping his hands tightly. There was still one final thing he needed to do. He quickly dashed towards Internal Healing Garden.

Inside the medicine shop, Ye Tian met his two younger sisters. He told them that he wanted to take them out to eat at a nice restaurant for not being with them recently. At the restaurant , Ye Tian said, “Order anything you want! This is your brothers treat.”

“Really big brother?” Ye Xue asked eagerly. Ye Tian nodded as an approval.

“Where the others? Ye Chun asked.

“I took them out to eat this morning, so they’re at home safe and sound now. Someone is able to watch over them for the time being,” Ye Tian replied. While Ye Tian didn’t tell the truth, it wasn’t a lie from the truth.

“Big broooooo, where have you been the past few days?” Ye Xue asked again while munching on her food.

“I’ve met a new friend that was able to help me extra zoids, so today is my day off. By the way how has Master Elder Fan and the others have treated you?” Ye Tian curiously asked.

“It’s been great big brother, Elder Fan is very nice as well as the others. They treat us well and like their own. We also help around the place to earn our living” Ye Chun responded excitedly.

“Hahaha that’s great to hear….wait here, let me get some drinks for us to drink. What do you guys want to drink?” Ye Tian asked.

“Fruit Juiceeeee,” Ye Xue responded quickly. “Tea will be fine brother,” Ye Chun also replied.

“Alright, wait a moment,” Ye Tian said as he left the table. 10 minutes later, he came back with the drinks.

“It’s getting too crowded here, how about we walk around the city while drinking this?” Ye Tian asked.

“Okay.”

“Alright.”

As they walk around, Ye Tian was directing them to a small street with very people. The sisters did not know what was going on as they were really happy that they got to spend some time with their big brother. In fact, ever since the arrived at this city, this was the longest time they’ve spent together.

“”Big Bro, when are you coming back to Internal Healing Garden?” Ye Chun asked.

“Yeahhh big bro, when are you…….” Ye Xue also curiously asked. She started walking wobbly before she fell asleep. Before she fell to the ground, Ye Tian was paying attention closely and was able to catch her and carried her to an abandoned shelter.

“Little sister, are you okay? what……,” Ye Chun asked frantically while following Ye Tian. Suddenly Ye Chun was feeling a bit woozy as well and started falling asleep. Ye Tian quickly catched her with his other hand. As he laid the sisters down, Ye Tian looked outside to see if there were any witnesses. No one was there, and everything is going according to his plan. As he was about to wrap some blankets around them, Ye Tian felth worst feeling he’s ever had. Ye Xue was still holding his hand even though she fell asleep.

This stirred his emotion confusingly.

Should Ye Tian abandoned the plan or to follow through?

SoulZer0 likes this.
  15. myspellbind

Reading List:
    Link
    Chapter 10 – The Sin Of A Brother

Ye Tian thought about it over and over again, but the only conclusion he came up with was only suffering for the sisters if they stayed by him. He gently removed Ye Xue’s hand and surrounded a blanket for both of them. The sun was setting fast and he didn’t have enough time. He carried both of his sisters and quickly dashed to the final destination.

A mansion surrounded with beautiful gardens and a pond. Little streaming rivers were flowing throughout the mansion and garden, and all the way to the main residence wall where it fell like a mini waterfall. The surrounded walls had a name sculpted by some master. The name was “Xue.” It’s the Xue family’s residence. Ye Tian knew this family was among the most powerful family with a very strong backing, like elder Jin and the Star Guardian School. There were other family clans that respected them with awe. The history of the Xue family were decorated by past strongest heroes, prime ministers, commanders, and philanthropist. In the Star Empire, the Xue family is known to be a righteous, kind, and a powerful family throughout history.

There were guards that walked around the mansion around the clock. But Ye Tian was able to find a little loophole that he could use to enter the mansion without notice. Using all of his focus, speed, and senses, he infiltrated the mansion like a snake and arrived at the back garden. Inside the garden, there was a small pavilion within the surrounded pond. Ye Tian carefully placed his sisters within the pavilion sitting pads. He took out two letters and placed it between their hands.

“Final mission accomplished!” Ye Tian whispered like there a huge stone was relieved from his back. At this time, he was remembering all the memories he had with his sisters and parents, and also the other children with the rest of the villagers. Ye Xue was the youngest with a 10 year gap between him, and she always loved to follow him around everywhere he goes. Ye Chun was three years younger than him, and always helped her mom to do the daily chores. She loves to read and had some interest in cultivating. His parents were always came home happy even though they did not live in luxury. Ye Tian understood his father was among the five elders because of his strength and tactical views. His mother was also one of the elders who was kind and calm, especially in tough situations. Both were respected and loved by all the villagers.

After having these flashbacks, Ye Tian was in tears. Everything he had was gone in one night. The road ahead of him will be tough and he did not want his sisters or the other children to get involved in this secret matter. He has chosen a road to find some clues about that night. He then wiped some of the tears and was jumped off to leave the garden. Just when he was at the edge of the garden, he heard a voice!

“Young man, what is the purpose of you being here?” an old man said. His voice had waves of sound that could even penetrate inside his body.

Ye Tian knew this old man was very powerful and was useless to escape, so he turned around, cupped his hand and bowed, then said, “Greetings to elder. I come with no intention of harm. I only wish to request for your help. My sisters are sleeping within your pavilion and because of my lack of ability, I’m unable to take care of them.” Ye Tian decided to tell the truth because he knew the old man was already gazing at the pavilion, so he knew there were two young girls sleeping there.

The old man did not look at Ye Tian, but instead kept staring at the pavilion. He was laughing a little bit but also a bit disappointed.

“Young man, how old are you? And how old are your sisters?” the old man asked.

“I’m 15 years young elder, my sister, Ye Chun, is 12 years young, and my youngest sister, Ye Xue, is 5 years baby” Ye Tian responded while still cupping his hand.

“Why do you think you lack ability?” the old man asked finally looking at Ye Tian.

“….I’m too weak…and the road ahead of me is something that I will never allow my sisters to experience.” Ye Tian responded with sad guilt.

“Your parents?”

“Killed.”

The old man felt bad when he heard the answer, and he was still in his thoughts.

Ye Tian looked at him briefly and thought that the old man might reject his sisters staying here, so he quickly kneeled to his knees, and said,”Elder, the Xue family are known to be kind and righteous. My sisters have a pure heart. Even though they can be a bit mischievous, they live with curiosity and humility at their sight. Someday, when they grow up, I’m confident they can help the Xue family in the city’s affairs. I’m begging you to accept them like they’re your own family.” Ye Tian at this point couldn’t care about and dignity.

Near the opposite of the garden there was a figure, that stood near the lavender tree. It was the young woman Ye Tian bumped into! It appeared that she has been here the whole time but she never moved and continued to hear their conversation. Ye Tian didn’t know she was there because he was wholeheartedly focusing on the old man and his sisters.

“Revenge?” the old man asked.

“….I’m not too sure myself. At his point I can’t live without finding the reason and trouble has come to me ever since I’ve arrived the capital,” Ye Tian honestly replied.

The old man kept staring at him trying to find out if he was telling the truth or not. He sighed, then said, “The Xue family will take care of your sisters. You will not to worry about them. How about you enroll in the Star Guardian School? I have some acquaintances there,” the old man promised while also trying to convince Ye Tian to stay. This would at least change the dark road he will lead.

“I thank you for your kindness and will remember this even in my death. As for me….I respectfully have to decline your offer. I just can’t….” Ye Tian said with a shaky voice.

“Very well, it is your choice and I cannot force you to do something else,” the old man said quickly. He realize that Ye Tian’s heart right is now is set for answers even if it cost him his life.

“Elder. I apologize for not asking you your name. May I ask for this elder’s name?” Ye Tian asked politely while cupping his hand.

“You can just call me elder Xue Long,” the old man said.

Ye Tian was shocked. Never did he imagine that he would’ve met the patriarch of the Xue family. He hurriedly said, “Patriarch Xue, forgive my rudeness.”

“It’s alright, not a big deal. I don’t care for such small matters,” Xue Long replied.

“Patriarch Xue, I again want to thank your kindness and understanding. I believe my sisters will be in good care in your family’s hand, so I do not fear of them getting mistreated in any way. If I may ask for a last request…….I’ve given my sisters the forgotten potion, in 10 years they might or might not remember, but I request that you never tell them of this matter or of my existence,” Ye Tian said with great determination. This was something a bit shameful to ask.

Xue Long frowned angrily, but was still calm on the outside. Then he asked, “Is this what you really want?”

“Yes, patriarch Xue,” Ye Tian looked at him with fiery eyes.

“Life…..is such……very well, you can leave this mansion by going through the opposite of where you are at. I have already informed the guards, and they will not touch you,” Xue Long concluded.

Ye Tian cupped his hand again, and bowed deeply for 10 breaths of time.

He then left with his head down towards the opposite, while Xue Long already arrived at the pavilion with just a step or two.

As he was about to past by the lavender tree, he noticed a beautiful young woman within one meter. He looked at her and bowed his head. She bowed back.

Ye Tian did not realize who she was, but she knew Ye Tian was the same man that she bumped into that rainy day!

Ye Tian continued walking further as his figure started disappearing. The young woman then walked towards the pavilion, then greeted patriarch Xue, “Father.”

Xue long smiled and said, “Mei Er, do you mind having two younger sisters around this place from now on?”

That was the young woman’s name, Xue Mei. “Father, you know I’ve always wanted younger siblings, and I’m sure elder brother would be excited to have them as well,” Xue Mei giggled.

“Good, good, the more the merrier,” Xue Long said, but he was still staring at the disappearing figure of Ye Tian. Xue Mei understood there was some disappointed shown on his face, and asked, “Father, that young man….what’s his name? He must be the brother of these two young girls, right?

Xue Long nodded, then said, “this young man…..he’s a true genius.”

Xue Mei reminded his father again, “Father, there are many geniuses within this world, so of course it wouldn’t be surprising to see one here.”

“Mei Er, were you able to see his cultivation?” Xue Long frowned and asked.

“No, apparently ever since the beginning, I couldn’t see through his cultivation, Does he have have some method to conceal his cultivation?” Xue Mei asked curiously.

Xue Long responded, “Geeezzz…..such a shame….the reason you couldn’t see through his cultivation was because he has reached the Supreme Dao Realm!”

Xue Mei was shocked. No one in history ever came close to such realm at such an age. The earliest that reached the supreme dao realm was at age 25. Xue mei asked again, “Are you sure father? he’s the same age as me….”

Xue Long was saddened and said, “Yes, I’m sure. Elder Jin told me about his encounter with this young man. His name is Ye Tian!”

16. myspellbind

Reading List:
    Link
    Chapter 11 – Ma Qian

Ye Tian finally left the Xue Mansion, but never left the his eyesight from it. Within a distance at a nearby tree, Ye Tian was standing on one of the branches with tears in his eyes. He could never forgive himself for what he has done, but what other did he have? He stood there like a shadow until midnight. By that time he went back to his home. He looked around, no one else was there. It used to be the children, his sisters and himself living here with some sense of peace, but now it’s only himself. He tried to sleep but he couldn’t stop thinking about past memories. He laid on the floor and watched the white moon with a gradient blue color. The stars were shining bright white with a few of them reflecting different colors.

He kept staring until the sun started rising. He realized he didn’t sleep all through this while and decided to think what he was going to do next. In the early morning, he went back to Internal Healing Garden to inform elder Master Fan on the whereabouts of his sisters to not cause any worry. Elder Fan wasn’t angry as that was probably the best choice, giving the girls a safer and brighter future. She asked Ye Tian if he wishes to continue working here, but Ye Tian respectfully decline.

“If you decide to change your mind, you are always welcome here. I will give you some more scrolls and ingredients to concoct more advanced potions before you leave. You’re an intelligent young man, so I have no worried you can learn it without trouble,” Elder Fan said.

“Thank you elder master Fan. You are the first to have given me help when I came to this capital city, and I will never forget what you and the others have done. Someday, I will repay the debts back,” Ye Tian replied while cupping his hand and bowing to elder Fan and the rest of the elders within the shop.

He left and looked at his map. Now he was planning to meet Ma Qian to get more information from him. He arrived at Pretty Flowers Inn, but he was frowning. This inn is actually a brothel and a very crowded one. The moment he went inside, a beautiful lady with such enticing lips wrapped around him and asked what kind of service he wants. But Ye Tian held his breath and told her that he was looking for a friend. As soon as the name came up, the lady suddenly yelled out, “Hey Rascal, someone is looking for you!”

The beautiful lady smiled at Ye Tian and left gracefully. A few moments later, A figure jumped out from the second floor and landed right in front of Ye Tian. “Ye Tian, it’s been a while, what do you need?”

“Ma Qian, why are you living here? Do you…..do it everyday?” Ye Tian whispered.

“Hahaha my friend, I was raised by my Aunt and she’s been working here ever since I could open my eyes. All these ladies are like my sisters and aunties,” Ma Qian replied while patting Ye Tian’s back.

“I see…..” Ye Tian said.

“Ye Tian, how useful did you find my map?” Ma Qian asked.

“Very useful. I must thank you for that,” Ye Tian responded.

“Ye Tian, this is not just some whorehouse. Why do you think my map is filled with so much information?”

Ye Tian wondered on this question for a bit, but Ma Qian whispered to him, “this place is also an intelligence gathering. You can pretty much find any information that’s happening around the city, even some of the secret ones. A lot of important figures and nobles come here for pleasure, but don’t underestimate any of ladies working here. Every men that have come inside here have fallen deep within their trap. These ladies are very intelligent and crafty women.”

Ma Qian was smiling at him, like he was part of the crew. Ye Tian could only smile back. This is not the kind of place he wants to be in right now.

“Can we talk somewhere private?” Ye Tian asked. “Right, we can go to my room, but it’s a bit busy right now,” Ma Qian answered. He had a devilish smile on his face. He didn’t want to tell Ye Tian that there were some guest doing some love-making in his room due to the full occupation. Even he was kicked out of his room by his aunt and hung around the second floor. He knew Ye Tian was too innocent and wanted to give Ye Tian “a first sight” of what love is. Ye Tian knew something was off when he saw that wicked face of Ma Qian.

“Alright, let’s go outside and talk then,” Ye Tian replied. Ma Qian was a bit disappointed.

They went out to a tea shop where rooms were divided for privacy. Ye Tian asked, “Is there a way you can identify the important figures in the city?’ Ma Qian took out a box, and some type of illusory sand hanging above the box. Then a small bird also came out of the box and started chirping on the sand so quickly a face appeared.

“This is the current emperor of Star Empire,” Ma Qian introduced. Then he went on, “this is the current prime minister, this is the foreign minister, this is the head of the Jin clan….”. As Ma Qian kept introducing new figures, the bird was able to keep up and illustrate different figures swiftly. This went on for a while and Ye Tian started remembering the important figures in his head. The higher cultivation realm, the easier it is to memorize things. At Ye Tian’s current realm, it shouldn’t be a problem memorizing hundreds of figures within a small period of time.

While Ma Qian was introducing all the important figures, he was also paying attention to Ye Tian’s reaction….but there wasn’t even a small reaction coming from him. Ye Tian kept a straight face and Ma Qian couldn’t figure it out, so he asked, “Are you looking for someone in particular?” Ye Tian replied, “No, I just need to know these figures for convenience only. Besides, I don’t want to offend anyone powerful. That’s asking for trouble I can’t handle.”

Ye Tian continued, “Can you tell me the relationships among these figures with other clans or sect in this empire?”

Ma Qian started explaining all the relationship each figure has, and who their enemies are. Ma Qian was like an encyclopedia. He knew every place, every one, every faction, and every issues the city is currently facing. Ye Tian quite admired such person, and he also knew Ma Qian had a pretty good cultivation at the mid stage of the great dao realm besides being a few years older. He could be considered as talented as any geniuses there are within this empire. And considering Ma Qian has no powerful clans or figures backing him, Ye Tian wondered what kind of cultivation technique he was using.

After introducing everyone, Ma Qian had some sweat on his forehead. Ye Tian then poured some wine for Ma Qian and said, “Come let’s drink, Thank you for your help today.” Ye Tian only drank tea and while he was sipping on his tea, he could see Ma Qian’s slightly gloomy face. Ma Qian worked very hard in introducing everything to Ye Tian, and he was expecting some kind of monetary payment for his phenomenal service, but things didn’t turn out as he expected. He didn’t want to make a big deal out of it since Ye Tian was still relatively new in the capital and he just made a new decent friend, which was rare in this capital.

They both drank and continued their conversation. After they finished, the left and stroll around the city where Ma Qian was explaining every place they went through like a tour guide. He was also able to sell some of his maps and other things while talking with Ye Tian. Ye Tian thought this guy will someday become a great merchant.

Just when things are going well, Ye Tian and Ma Qian both revealed a dark expression. What was in front of them to make them act this way?

17. myspellbind

Reading List:
    Link
    Chapter 12 – Water Sword

“Well, well, well. If it isn’t the whore’s son and this other bastard that tricked some of my clansmen into trouble” young master Xi said loudly.

“Hahaha brother Xi, don’t mind these low-life insects,” another young master said laughingly. This young master was the young master of the Sun clan. He went up to Ma Qian and grabbed the map Ma Qian was selling. He never even thought Ma Qian’s map were any good. He looked at it and was pleasantly surprised.

“I’ll keep one for now.” young master Sun said, and turned around.

“It’s 60 zoids,” Ma Qian said.

“What? this is the penalty fee for selling at my territory without permission,” young master Sun countered.

“That’s nonsense, everyone knows you lost this territory to the Zhao clan. It’s been three years ever since that happened and your family no longer have influence in this place,” Ma Qian replied.

Young master Xi and Sun looked at each other and smiled, then looked at their clansmen and said, “Beat them.”

A wave of warriors dashed forward and attacked both Ye Tian and Ma Qian. But someone was much quicker to act. Right when young master Xi said his words, Ye Tian disappeared from his spot, and landed right behind the young master Xi!

“Move another inch, and I’ll break his neck,” Ye Tian yelled while his arms already had a firm grip on the young master’s neck. Everyone stopped while Ma Qian stood in front of Ye Tian. He praised Ye Tian’s quick thinking, otherwise, they would’ve been in big trouble. Now it was him to act to support Ye Tian. They’re in this together!

“If you harm the young master in any way, the Xi clan will definitely kill you!” said one of the clansmen.

“Right now, your young master’s life is in my hands. I couldn’t care less what they could do to me. Every time I meet this kid, he’s always making trouble for me. I will release him when we’re within the safe distance.I wish neither sides to be hurt, but if you follow us, don’t blame me if your young master is hurt” Ye Tian replied.

Ye Tian and Ma Qian started leaving while watching cautiously. The other young master and the rest of the clansmen didn’t dare to make a move. Ye Tian and Ma Qian were able to escape about 50 miles from the conflict, and arrived a relatively secluded place near the border of the city. Ma Qian took out an item that flew off into the sky with red sparks and illustrated something like a flag. This was a signal of where the clansmen can find their young master.

“As promised, we’re letting you go. I hope you will never bother us again in the future,” Ye Tian said and released the young master.

They left the vicinity, while young master Xi was left there alone with rage in his eyes. No one ever dared to kidnap him and threaten him. Ye Tian and Ma Qian was already gone, but in a short while the Xi clansmen and Sun clansmen arrived.

“Are you alright, young master?”

“Kill them, kill them! I want them dead, young master Xi yelled.

“Don’t worry young master, we have a few people that were following them and left some trails that we can follow. We’ll catch up in no time,” young master Sun said.

While Ye Tian and Ma Qian moved towards one direction, Ye Tian said, “We’re being followed.”

“How?” Ma Qian asked frantically.

“Just trust me, I can sense them. We need to find a way out of this now. You got any idea?” Ye Tian countered.

“…..how about we move towards the forest. We should be able to escape with all the beast around there.” Ma Qian gave a suggestion.

Ye Tian just nodded, and they continued moving towards the forest quickly. Before they got close to the forest, a flying sword moved so quickly aiming at Ma Qian’s neck. Ye Tian knew this sword was controlled by an infinite dao realm warrior. There was no way Ma Qian could evade such attack nor can sense the attack. Ye Tian released an attack . It was also a sword but it wasn’t a typical sword, it was a water sword attack. Ye Tian could control a water element. Throughout history, very few rare cases could control some type of nature element. It was extremely difficult, because not only does the cultivators need to understand the nature, but their hearts must also be pure to be approved by that nature.

The water sword attack blocked the other sword and both swords were retrieved by their original owner. The infinite dao warrior flicked his eyes in disapproval. He never thought his attack could be blocked by some youngsters. Ye Tian and Ma Qian continued to ran and finally entered the forest. In a short while, the rest of the clansmen also entered the forest.

“I will reward anyone who brings me their head 50,000 zoids each,” young Xi claimed. A nice sum of amount that could purchase a pretty nice property within the city plus other precious cultivating items. Both the Xi and Sun clansmen were overjoyed, and started searching in different directions earnestly. It took a while, but someone finally screamed in pain.

Ye Tian and Ma Qian were coordinating with each other and hiding near the bushes for ambush. Ye Tian landed in front of the clansmen, while Ma Qian punched the clansmen spine leaving him handicapped for life. They quickly left the area while some of the other clansmen arrived in anger. This went on for an hour or so, where a few painful screams were heard in different directions.

“Everyone surround this side of the forest while the supreme dao cultivators come with me,” the infinite dao cultivator from the Xi clan said. Besides them, another infinite Dao realm cultivator from the Sun clan also followed along young master Sun and Young Master Xi. They kept moving deeper into the forest while hearing wild beasts roaring with different echoes.

With the group in close formation, Ye Tian and Ma Qian’s ambush will no longer be effective. They continued to move deeper within the forest. Suddenly a flying wild beast flew down like lightning and aimed at Ma Qian. His cultivation was the lowest out of the two and has the best chance of succeeding. Although this time, Ma Qian was fully aware, defending from the wild beast could also injure him seriously. Ye Tian threw another water attack shaped like an arrow. The arrow struck the wild beast’s feet and screamed in some pain. The sound was loud enough for the group to hear. They started to speed up their pace towards the location of the sound. As the wild beast and Ye Tian continued battling, within 10 breaths of time, the group have arrived. All of the supreme dao clansmen started attacking, but the wild beast was confused and started attacking them as well. The battle continue as Ma Qian was battling the wild beast and Ye Tian was battling the clansmen.

The infinite dao warriors flinched as they were surprised Ye Tian could hold of these clansmen of the same cultivation. They have heard of how strong Ye Tian was, but could never believe it until they saw it with their own eyes. They looked at each other and nodded. Inside their mind, they agreed that they couldn’t let Ye Tian live, otherwise he would become an unstoppable figure in the future. The infinite dao warrior from the Sun clan threw a flying sword, while the other cultivator from the Xi clan closed in on Ye Tian with daggers. A combination of long range and close range combat.

Ye Tian threw another water sword attack to block the flying sword, but couldn’t block the dagger that cut his arm. Ma Qian saw this, and finally revealed his move. Multiple vines came from the ground and formed a wall to block the infinite dao warriors from coming closer to Ye Tian. But the young master Xi dashed from another angle and was able to land a severe punch to Ye Tian’s chest. This special glove of young master Xi’s is quite the treasure!

Meanwhile, young master Sun distracted Ma Qian from interfering by using his spear to make swirling attacks. Ma Qian’s vines formed a shield in front of him just in time and held the spear from moving further. The spear got stuck halfway where Ma Qian was able to split the head spear from it’s main body, and then threw a palm force towards the remaining spear body aimed at the young master.

The spear was a distraction, because the vines started reforming again and like a rocket aimed at the young master. Bam! The vines hit young master Sun like a hammer and he flew backwards and crashed into a nearby tree. But the vines kept moving with him and spread out like a web of net and entrapped the young master with the tree. Young master Sun was unconscious from the violent impact. Ma Qian was focusing on young master Sun and the flying beast, but he didn’r realize a sword was already flying at him with lightning speed. Ma Qian tried to gather more vines from the ground but it was too late. The sword stabbed Ma Qian’s shoulder and the speed of the impact made him crash the ground and kept sliding almost falling from the foggy cliff!

What will happen to Ye Tian and Ma Qian?

18. myspellbind

Reading List:
    Link
    Chapter 13 – The Cliff of No Return

When Ye Tian suffered from the violent punch, the Xi infinite dao warrior closed in again and stabbed at Ye Tian’s neck, but Ye Tian flipped backward with one of his feet forming another arrow water attack that blocked the dagger. At this moment, the infinite dao warrior whispered a spell and threw another dagger that transformed into a spinning machete aiming at Ye Tian’s head. Meanwhile, young master Xi continued his attacks and landed another blow on Ye Tian’s ribcage. Seeing both attacks, Ye Tian took the blow but pulled young master Xi’s arm closer to him, and grabbed his body to block the spinning machete. As soon as the infinite dao warrior saw this he directed the machete outward and avoided the young master.

Ye Tian then formed a fire element in hand and swung his arm across that caused a wall of white flames that separated them from the other clansmen. Ye Tian and Ma Qian was trapped near the end of the cliff, but this time with young master Xi as hostage again. the young master couldn’t face this situation again, and with a dagger hidden near his sleeves, he elbowed Ye Tian and directed the dagger piercing through Ye Tian’s stomach. Ye Tian’s eyes showed shock and anger while falling of the cliff, but with the young masters back in front of him, he aimed a palm attack at young master Xi’s bone marrow.

“Aaahhhhhhh”

Everyone could hear an extremely painful scream. The impact to the bone marrow caused young master Xi to be crippled for life!

Meanwhile, Ma Qian, saw Ye Tian falling off and tried to extend huge wind blew that cause him to fall off balance and fell from the cliff as well. This cliff was extremely foggy and there was a rumor that says anyone that falls of this cliff has never returned. Both were falling off, and Ye Tian was falling unconscious but he had a regretful smile knowing that he still didn’t know who killed his parents and the other elders. Ma Qian was extremely furious as he was falling. How the hell did things end up this way? He still wanted to conquer more women!

No one in the capital realized that deep below the cliff there is a whirlpool array! Throughout this time nobody bothered to investigate the cliff due to various stories spread around overtime. It doesn’t matter which version the story came from, because all of them had the same storyline – The cliff of no return!

Within several breaths, Ye Tian already fell unconscious and Ma Qian was also getting sleepy due to the loss of blood. However, he held on and was able to see just a bit of the whirlpool before falling unconscious as well. They fell inside the whirlpool array and disappeared. But a few moments later, they appeared out of the sea! The current swept them a secluded onshore. No one near lived there for whatever reason.

By nighttime, Ma Qian woked up and struggled to see his surroundings. He saw Ye Tian was within a distance near a huge rock. But before that, he had to focus on healing his wounds. He took out two potions, where he applied one of them on his shoulder. In a couple of breaths, the open wound started closing at a rapid pace. He felt a bit of pain when the wound was closing up. After that, he took another crystal potion and inserted into his chest without any trouble. The crystal potion was a healing potion, and once it went inside Ma Qian’s chest, the crystal transformed into a melted liquid and spread throughout different channels of his body. Ma QIan felt a lot better, but still needed the rest of potion to work overtime. He got up and walked towards Ye Tian, who was still unconscious and was seriously wounded.

Ma Qian carried him below a tree and spread the potion quickly that closed Ye Tian’s wounds. Ye Tian groaned a bit, which means he was still alive. Ma Qian was relieved. Once the wound all closed up, he hesitantly took out a high-grade crystal potion. It was his only one and for emergency use only….specifically for himself! However, Ma Qian didn’t have any other choice and inserted the healing potion inside Ye Tian’s chest. He was hoping that in the near future, Ye Tian would repay two high-grade healing potions as long as he told him that he used two to recover him. This time the glow was brighter and worked amazingly well. The pain that Ye Tian showed on his face throughout this time disappeared gradually.

After that was taken care of, Ma Qian tried to scan the nearby areas. It was dark and all he knew was that on one side was the sea, and on the other side there was a beach. He couldn’t find anything more and decided to rest until morning. He set up multiple arrays that included a sensoring array and a defensive array surrounding both of them. This could give them some type of warning if there are any intruders whether they are beasts or humans. Now they are able to sleep with some peace of mind.

While they were both asleep, Ye Tian entered what seems to be like another dimension, which he thought was a dream. The dimension was small and it looked more like a cave with and emerald pond. He looked around and what shocked him was he saw an old man. This old man had white hair, white silky robe, and a white beard. He was a bit on the chubby side, but he was as calm as water while roasting something near the fireplace. He also looked at Ye Tian with a surprising look, but smiled at him and signaled to have a seat. Ye Tian walked towards the old man cautiously, but eventually had a conversation….

Morning arrived and Ye Tian was the first one to wake up. He looked around and thought he was already in heaven, and had many regrets. His heart was filled with rage and vengeance. If he could’ve done things differently before, he definitely would, like killing the young master Xi instead of leaving him. This event had changed his personality significantly. He realized the people in the outside world was a lot different than people in the village. The outside world was cruel and being nice or diplomatic without a powerful background would be useless.

He looked around and realized that this might not be heaven. He looked at the places where he was previously wounded and found it was healed with barely visible scars on his chest. He also saw Ma Qian beside him still sleeping, but he knew it was because of him that he was still alive. Although he wanted to thank him, he thought it wouldn’t do any good. His personality has changed 180 degrees! He reminded himself not to be kind or passive anymore. He’s alive and alone, he wanted to survive and get vengeance to all those that have hurt him. He looked at Ma Qian a bit longer. He was still sleeping while sucking on his thumb like a little baby. So childish, Ye Tian thought. He also thought it wouldn’t hurt to travel with Ma Qian, because he remembered how Ma Qian tried to save him while falling off the cliff.

“Pretty good morals and loyalty….not bad,” Ye Tian thought to himself.

Ye Tian waited for half an hour, but Ma Qian was still sleeping. He was a bit pissed off. He found a couple of leaves and crumbled it into a ball, then stuck if inside Ma Qian’s nostrils. Several breaths later, Ma Qian’s face was blushing red and inhaled as much air as he could from his mouth. Before, he was sucking on this thumb but due to the lack of oxygen, he instinctively pulled out his thumb to get some oxygen inside his body. By now, he was breathing heavily. What happened? Then he realized two balls were stuck inside his nostrils. He released some inner energy that pushed the balls out of his nostrils. He could only conclude someone did this, and Ye Tian was the only one with him, but Ye Tian pretended to be ignorant.

“You’re finally awake. You know where we are?” Ye Tian asked.

Ma Qian was still staring at him viciously, but whispered, “No.”

“Pssss, you know how we survived,” Ye Tian countered.

“I saw an array within the whirlpool when we fell off the cliff. So I would assume we were transported to this place.” Ma Qian said.

Ye Tian thought about it carefully, and didn’t say anything else. Meanwhile Ma Qian was still staring at Ye Tian. Inside Ma Qian’s heart, he said “How shameless! Not even a thank you. I even gave you my one and only high=grade potion. I better tell him to return two of those potions back to me.!”

“Ye Tian, since you’re healed up, I have to tell you that I had to use my last two high-grade…” Ma Qian said.

But Ye Tian quickly countered, “We better go now and find out where we are. The sooner the better.” He stood up quickly and ran off. Ye Tian saved himself this time from a debt.

Ma Qian didn’t get to finish what he wanted to say and was shocked. He whispered, “What the hell? My high-grade potions.” He looked at Ye Tian’s back, and what he saw was a different person than before!

19. myspellbind

Reading List:
    Link
    Chapter 14 – Tian Ren

Ye Tian and Ma Qian both left the shore and explored deeper within the adjacent forest. They walked for quite a while but there was nothing but the forest until they found a river. There were still stains of blood on their body and clothes, so they decided to freshen up. They took off their clothes, Ye Tian was a bit pissed off that Ma Qian was so close to him while naked. He was already in a bad mood from the endless walk, and had an idea! Water from the river started gathering around him and formed a little tornado below his feet. Suddenly the tornado below his feet lifted Ye Tian high up in the sky!

When Ma Qian saw this, he thought Ye Tian had a very rare ability controlling nature elements of water. He also seems to recall Ye Tian could control fire. A True genius! He also couldn’t detect Ye Tian’s cultivation. Meanwhile Ye Tian was lifted high up in the sky, he was finally able to see a small city north of where they are. He controlled the tornado to carry him below.

Ma Qian was looking at the sky, but suddenly the only thing he could see were two shapes rapidly approaching him and is getting bigger. It was round and wrinkly as it got closer and bigger. When Ma Qian finally realized what it was, he was horrified. Just at this time, Ye Tian landed in front of him and saw his awkward face, but he didn’t think any further and continued to clean himself.

Ma Qian was still frozen for a while until he came back to reality. He quickly clean himself and get a new set of blue grey robes. “Why the fu$k did I have to see his bal…,” Ma Qian whispered to himself and almost threw up. He didn’t want to think about this any further but the flashbacks kept coming to him again and again. Ye Tian was still taking his time cleaning himself up and did not finish until a while later. Ye Tian wore a new set of blue robe.

“I found a small city nearby. We’ll reach the place in two hours. Let’s go,” Ye Tian said. Along the way the met a few wild beast. Some were more powerful than Ma Qian, but Ye Tian was able to handle them. The ones they have killed, they took out all the monster cores hidden inside their forehead. The monster cores could be used to progress their cultivation. The stronger the monsters are, the more benefits they will provide for cultivators. By the time they got out of the forest, they have killed 4 supreme dao monsters, and 6 great dao monsters. Ye Tian was thinking of giving one of the supreme dao cores to Ma Qian, so that he can become stronger faster. Ma Qian would be a bigger help in future battles to come. However, after thinking it over, he whispered, “Fu$k that.” Ye Tian decided not to give one to Ma Qian. He also needed to become stronger…..the faster the better. This is a new journey and a second chance at life!

Before they departed, Ma Qian took out a huge turtle beast that he was able to tame a while ago. “Let’s ride this to the city” Ma Qian said. Ye Tian nodded.

As they rode with the turtle beast, Ye Tian recalled about what had happened last night when he entered another dimension.

“My name is Tian Ren. What is your name young man?” the old man asked.

“Ye Tian. Elder, what is this place?” Ye Tian countered.

“This place? It’s a special kind of dimension that only I can enter and now it seems you are the second one. How did you get in?”

“I’m not too sure…..,” Ye Tian murmured.

“Perhaps did someone gave you the a little pearl?” Tian Ren asked.

“….Yes, my father did….is this why I can enter this dimension?” Ye Tian replied.

Tian Ren nodded and asked, “If your father put that pearl inside you, then that would mean something happened with the Ye clan?”

Ye Tian kept quiet. Only he knew what had happened. He couldn’t trust this old man yet.

Tian Ren sighed and strongly said, “Young Ye, the pearl that you have, you must keep it safe at all cost. The Ye clan have been protecting this pearl for a very long time. Longer than some of the empires that have existed today. If someone tries to use it for selfish reasons, the world will be in chaos.”

Ye Tian still kept quiet and was thinking on how this old man knew about the Ye clan. It seems this old man knew about this pearl more than himself. Ye Tian finally asked, “how do you know if this pearl can create chaos?”

“Hehehe, I’m like the spirit of the pearl. I’ve seen many have used it for good and bad. I’ve seen civilizations wiped out and some flourished. This pearl was not meant for people to build civilizations, so it was finally given to someone who could protect this heavenly treasure from any further abuse,” Tian Ren replied.

“But….I’m still too weak….there is no way I can protect it once a powerful cultivator knows about this pearl,” Ye Tian gloomily said.

“Hahaha, don’t worry. This pearl is integrated with your heart. If you call upon it, a heavenly divine beast will come out and help you. At the least, it will help you escape for sure,” Tian Ren confidently said.

“How do I call upon it?” Ye Tian asked.

Tian Ren got up and walk towards him. He lifts his finger and gently touches Ye Tian’s forehead. Ye Tian’s body shakes a bit but nothing harmful. This was a sacred method to transfer knowledge unto another. A divine technique that no one knew except Tian Ren. Ye Tian opens his eyes with satisfaction, but also asked, “Can you teach me how to use this transfer technique?”

Tian Ren thought a bit and approved it. His face slowly gets closer to Ye Tian to the point of almost being kissed! Ye Tian rolls backward, and asked, “What are you doing?” Ye Tian felt a tingling chill when his face got close to Tian Ren.

“Relax, I can’t transfer the knowledge using the previous technique. If you want to know how, your forehead needs to touch with mine!” Tian Ren grudgingly replied. Who the hell does this kid think I am. I’m no pervert, little brat!

“..Fi..Fine,” Ye Tian agreed. Tian Ren moves forward and touches Ye Tian’s forehead with his. Meanwhile, Ye Tian felt disgusted. Good thing no one else is seeing this.

As their forehead touches, a glow appears with strings of light going inside Ye Tian’s head. It took about several breaths, which was long enough for Ye Tian to smell the old man’s heavy breath. As soon as it was over, Ye Tian moved back quickly and started hugging himself a bit. He felt like he had been abused. Tian Ren saw this and was a bit angry, but he sympathized with Ye Tian. After all, Ye Tian is now the sole protector of the pearl.

“Ye Tian, come visit me when you have problems. Maybe I can help you,” Tian Ren said, then walked back to his original position. While he turned around, his face was also blushing. He has lived for a very long time since ancient times, and he has never been so close to another except his wife. Ye Tian and Tian Ren couldn’t looked at each other but the feeling they had felt a bit like adultery!

With the inherited knowledge, Ye Tian left the dimension and opened his eyes. He could see they’re now within a closing distance from the city. Ma Qian said, “We should walk from here. This turtle is too big to go inside the city.”

Ye Tian nodded. From the distance, they could see the city was situated on top of a huge hill surrounded by rivers. It almost seems the city was built to become a fortress ready for war.

What will happen inside the city?

20. myspellbind

Reading List:
    Link
    Chapter 15 – United Temples City

Ye Tian and Ma Qian entered the city after passing through the main gate. It was quite the bustling city with plenty of stores, restaurants, and guards patrolling the city, but Ma Qian was wondering why the city was called United Temples. He couldn’t even see any temples around him.

“This city must have a deeper history behind it,” Ma Qian said.

“Why?” Ye Tian replied.

“It’s called United Temples city but we haven’t seen any temples…” Ma Qian countered.

“Well, we’ll find out sooner or later. We first need to find an inn and some information about this city and where we are,” Ye Tian said.

“You’re right, let’s get going then,” ma Qian agreed.

Once they found an inn, they asked some of the servants for a map and other information they could find. They couldn’t directly ask them which empire or kingdom are they at. That would sound stupid. After talking with several of the servants and guests, they found out they are located in the Shui Kingdom of the Nirvana Continent, which was millions of miles away from the Forest continent. The Nirvana continent was also a bit isolated from the other continents due to the long distance apart.

“I need to make my own map of this city. I’ll be back before night,” Ma Qian said.

“Good idea. We’ll meet tonight then,” Ye Qian replied knowing that Ma Qian was one of the best if not the best in map-making.

Ye Tian went out to explore the city a bit. He wanted to join a bounty hunter guild to earn some income, and most importantly, to find any clues of the bandits that destroyed his village. Dawn arrived, and Ye Tian went back to the inn to meet Ma Qian according to the agreed time. But he did not expect that he had to wait, and wait, and wait until midnight! He didn’t even get to eat dinner! Ye Tian was a bit worried, so he came out in search of Ma Qian. He tried to check the brothels first, because he thought Ma Qian was a sex addict, but Ma Qian wasn’t there. There weren’t a lot of stores opened by this late night, but he checked the ones with lights ons, but Ma Qian was also never there. Ye Tian frowned, and thought “Maybe he got beaten up,” so he checked the small alleyways that he could find, but was not there either.

Suddenly, Ye Tian could hear a faint of someone crying below the bridge he was crossing. Using his lantern, he followed the crying voice and saw a black figure sitting with his head down while sniffing a bit. Ye Tian asked, “Hey, are you alright?” When the black figure saw the speck of light and a shadow of the person, he knew someone was coming. The black figure quickly wiped his tears and tried not to make a sound. Ye Tian kept getting closer, and the black figure stood up and answered, “I….I’m..snifff…alright.”

Ye Tian replied, “Do you need hel……” Before he completed his sentence, he saw the face of the black figure. The face was full of dirt, sweat, and stains of tears with watery eyes. Never did he imagine the black figure was Ma Qian! “Ma Qian….what happened,” Ye Tian asked in a low tone of voice. “Nothing…nothing happened. I was just remembering old times. Sorry, I lost track of time and didn’t meet you in time. Let’s go back now,” Ma Qian replied and started walking out. Ye Tian followed behind Ma Qian, and wanted to ask him some questions, but he restrained.

As they walked back towards the inn, Ye Tian realized they went in circles a couple of times. Ma Qian was leading the way, and Ye Tian quietly followed behind him throughout this time. When Ma Qian was about to turn to left, Ye Tian quickly said, “turn right, it’s a shortcut. Another time, “keep going straight, we’ll arrive at the inn soon.” By this time, Ye Tian was already walking beside him slightly ahead of Ma Qian. Ye Tian kept glancing at him at different times while Ma Qian feigned ignorance. They finally arrived and went inside their room.

Ye Tian stares at Ma Qian and asks, “Were you able to complete the map of this city?”

“Most of it is completed. The information will be added later on as we find out more of the city,” Ma Qian proudly says.

“Good. When did you finish the map?” Ye Tian asks again.

“By the time the sun was setting I was able to complete all of the important parts. Before night arrived, I left…,” Ma Qian stops quickly and realizes something was wrong. He then says, “I’m tired now, let’s get some sleep.”

Ye Tian sees Ma Qian laying on his bed and starts sleeping with his side back in front of him. “Pssss….,” Ye Tian whispers and figures out something.

Who would’ve thought Ma Qian, one of the best map makers in this world, was hopeless with directions! Since the sunset till midnight, he was lost trying to get back to the inn.

Ma Qian pretends to sleep, but he was griping both of his hands. He didn’t want Ye Tian to know of this flaw he has that is so embarrassing. Ye Tian stares at Ma Qian’s back for quite a while until he blows out the light. They both begin sleeping.

In the next morning, they both woke up almost at the same time and their stomach was growling like a baby beast was roaring. They were both extremely hungry, because they hadn’t had dinner last night. They went downstairs where the inn had some tables to serve food.

They both ate quickly. Multiple plates emptied out within a blink of an eye. Ye Tian was still annoyed but he wanted an answer from Ma Qian, so he asked, “Hey, were you always like this?”

“Like what?” Ma Qian replied while stuffing his food.

“No sense of direction,” Ye Tian said simply.

Ma Qian shook a little but ignored to answer Ye Tian’s question and continued to eat. Sensing this, Ye Tian said, “Hmmph, next time you complete your map, I will go with you.”

Ma Qian felt a bit annoyed and angry. He knew he couldn’t keep it a secret anymore. After all only the ladies from the brothel knew of his sense of direction from past events. When Ma Qian was a child, he loved to draw maps, but one day he got lost and his Auntie was so worried, he asked all the ladies to go out and search for him. Luckily, one of the ladies found him crying near a little lake.

“Screw you. I’m the best map maker in this world. So what if I get lost once in a while…okay sometimes….all the time alright. Screw you litttle punk,” Ma Qian furiously said, then quickly went back to the room. Ye Tian was shocked. It wasn’t that serious, why did he have to get so mad? Ye Tian was even more shocked when he realized Ma Qian did not pay his bill! “I was going to return the high-grade potion to him, but screw that,” Ye Tian whispered.

After he finished eating, he went back inside the room.

“Ma Qian, we’re both in the situation and I don’t have a lot of zoids left. I went to look around yesterday and I found a guild that pays for completed missions. I think this is a good way to earn some zoids while traveling. What do you think?” Ye Tian proposed.

“That’s a good idea. I’ve also thought about making copies of the map I created. I’m certain some will be interested in buying my maps,” Ma Qian added.

They both agreed and departed for the guild Ye Tian mentioned earlier. They arrived at a place where the tallest building stood inside this city. It looked like a pagoda that was 10 stories high. There were guards outside the building inspecting incomers. The place was bustling with a bunch of people coming in and out. A huge stone board was hanging, with the name “Global Alliance Guild.” It’s the biggest guild created by all the empires and kingdoms agreeing to the treaty to complete missions from all over the world. The global alliance guild have branches all over the world with one of them located in the United Temples City.

What kind of missions can Ye Tian and Ma Qian do?