Discussion Share your most hilarious MMORPG raid experience

Discussion in 'Gaming Discussion' started by Truerror, Mar 27, 2017.

Tags:
  1. Truerror

Truerror Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Doesn't have to be in an instanced dungeon. World bosses are okay too. I actually got the idea for this thread after I posted my own experience here.

It might help if you also give a short explanation as to what game and dungeon it is, as there might be people who don't know the game.

2. Sircus

Sircus [Well-Known God]

Reading List:
    Link
    Well, I will just sum up a funny raid where we lost our tank to a disconnect or something. It took like 30 sec then the rest of the team started of with insane excuses of suddenly having to do something else. Feed the cat, mom got home etc.

I was the last person in the group ^^

3. Truerror

Reading List:
    Link
    Ah, the pain of reorganizing your raid group when you don't even have a tank.

After some searching and you still can't find a tank:
    Raid Leader: Paladin/Druid/DK/Monk, do you have a tanking set?
    You: Huh? Yea, I do. But it's incomplete. Just some odd gears here and there.
    Raid Leader: Ok, you're tanking.
    You: Wait, wut??

Sircus likes this.
  4. Deleted member 41274

Deleted member 41274 Guest

Reading List:
    Link
    the most hilarious one I remember of all time should be leroy jenkins, your avi fits just right lol
    also @Shem loved to tank as mage xD

5. MaidChan

MaidChan 『Battlemaid』 『TRAP』 『Homeless Maid』

Reading List:
    Link
    Due to sheer panicking to get some potions ASAP... This maid accidentally throwed some of his precious Items...

Hhaha~ this dumb maid tho...

6. SoulZer0

SoulZer0 Heaven Refining

Reading List:
    Link
    Probably when it got bugged, the entire team was transported out of the map leaving me alone in the mission that needs at least 4 people to complete...

7. Shem

Shem ┃ᐕ) ⁾⁾「Lv 69 BL Hunter」☆ Vrelty's Seme ♤♡ ꪋς꧖ ☆

Reading List:
    Link
    @Laksha damn it! Do you have to spread that around?! XDDDDD

8. Jigoku Shounen

Jigoku Shounen An Envoy From Hell

Reading List:
    Link
    Can this be called hilarious:
    My team got no tank so when we fought the boss with me being the highest level, I argo it. But then I got disconnected. So when I logged back in, the whole team already died and only me left to fight the "Full HP boss" so......

9. Deleted member 41274

Reading List:
    Link
    it's cute<3 of course~xD everybody must know my awesome bundy!

10. NoTofu

NoTofu [Lord Third's less meaty Cousin] [Tofu Jelly]

Reading List:
    Link
    small raid like 6 people, last boss, I was off tank dps and the boss was almost dead but suddenly everyone else dcs and I end up jumping around the room dodging attacks for an hour until i finally kill it

11. Yunchii

Yunchii Best Waifu - Tamamo-no-Mae

Reading List:
    Link
    Although not a raid, its a instance dungeon in UWO me and my friend was in the last floor of that dungeon when we almost clear that floor and my friend accidentally trigger a trap where enemy respawn... I was like TT when they kill everyone except me. I was cornered when does Ai accidentally triggered a continuous stun trap that make them stun while on that tile... All of us was laughing out loud due to that luck..

12. Shem

Shem ┃ᐕ) ⁾⁾「Lv 69 BL Hunter」☆ Vrelty's Seme ♤♡ ꪋς꧖ ☆

Reading List:
    Link
    @Laksha AWESOME?! IT'S EMBARRASSING XDDDD

Hmm. I used to go to an internet cafe to play any MMORPG's so the owner there knows me well, so as my sister. Some of the users there are my team in Dragon Nest. My character is always a mage/sorceress cause I don't like melee. So everytime we go to raids, I always tank the mobs XD my teammates would always laugh at me >w<

And another one, whenever I do PK with someone, I'm always in rage and panicking. XD I end up running away or kill steal.

Deleted member 41274 likes this.
  13. Virzel

Virzel 遺却

Reading List:
    Link
    Going on a boss raid alone for 2 hour while running here and there.. drinking hp and mp potions like mad -_-' my fingers died back then, cant feel or move it..

Alixiron likes this.
  14. Avarrencus

Avarrencus 『Tier 0 : True Infinity』

Reading List:
    Link
    State of War currently in Hasla, GM dropped a World Boss that drops a rare mount, but because our backer is the largest and strongest Guild in the server, no one dared to harass us, if they did then that's just courting death.

15. Truerror

Reading List:
    Link
    Heh. I also played as a holy paladin. So yeah, my avatar fits me very well.

Poor maid-chan...

Also, here's another one of my experience, though this time, I'm the culprit.

Our private server just released the contents from Ulduar, and this includes the dungeons. One of the dungeons released was Halls of Stone (or was it Lightning? Can't remember. The one with Tribunal). Me and my friends weren't in the same guild, but this being a new content and everyone of us happened to be available at the time, we decided to enter together

One of the quests related to this dungeon was protecting Brann Bronzebeard (a dwarf NPC) from mobs. We started from the outside, where Brann gave us the quest, then after the leader accepts the quest, Brann would run into the hall, where the encounter begins. Now, I'm a sucker for Warcraft lore. I have this tendency to spend some time reading quests, instead of just skipping to the summary. So in this instance too, I was merrily ogling at the beautifully crafted quest in front of me, savoring every minute details of it, when suddenly...

Tank (Warrior): "Huh? Where are my heals? Healer, you can start healing now."
    Leader (Hunter): "Wait. Where's our healer?"
    Me (Paladin): "What heals?"
    Leader: "What do you mean what heals? And where are you anyway? We need the heals NOW!"
    Me: "Oh, you guys are already in? Wait, as soon as I finish reading this quest..."
    Everyone: "@#%$^$%&#^%"

16. Arcadia Blade

Arcadia Blade ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ You can do it!!

Reading List:
    Link
    Me and my brother were exp grinding on a dungeon with his max lvl character while he carry me on a insanely difficult raid. Then, he made a mistake on the boss level and accidentally died. Leaving me fighting on a boss whose like an OP MC against a mob character.

My brother told me to give up but i didn't yeild even though just one hit could instantly kill me. I faught the boss with a pitiful damage while dodging its attacks while my brother decided to surf while waiting for me to die. I didn't notice that i attacted attention since i was fully concentrate on defeating the boss(was at a net cafe).

For an hour or so, i finally defeat the monster while my brother congratulate me as the crowd began cheer with him as well. It was at that moment that i notice the crowd behind me and hid myself since it was so embarrasssing for me.

Lesson learned, give up on something since you'll just attact attention like an idiot...

17. asriu

asriu fu~ fu~ fu~

Reading List:
    Link
    let see
    3 Kingdoms Online
    there system that hmm give player boost by defeat certain officer on arena at certain time~ 2 type magic and and physic~ it give bonus stat and bonus skill~ it's called battle spirit~ player must apply to arena officer when there system announcement and only lucky player can enter cuz it have limited space and lvl requirement (minimal lvl 100 or lvl 120 I forget which one)~ certain damage need to reach so player can receive reward~ me being curious and bored luckily enter arena despite being lowest level(just reach min requirement) while other on max level 150~ I'm a strategist: support path a job were mainly use minions soldiers (something like pet system), healer with you know~ next to nothing defense~ after attacking for awhile I stay on corner and start dancing with my soldier choco dance.gif ~ after rains and storms that officer killed and I just get out from arena~ after a while I got so many PM while some curse me on alliance chat (we have clan, alliance, kingdom and Global chat) some even curse me on Global chat cuz it turn out me who dancing for long time get the battle spirit.......... ( ≧▽≦)シ┳━┳ trololololol
    GM said those who kill officer will have higher change to obtain battle spirit and the lowest damage that reach requirement or something like that have lowest chance

Miri-Bell likes this.
  18. Miri-Bell

Miri-Bell Semi-crazy Magic Cat

Reading List:
    Link
    Oh, man I do stuff like this a lot, in Everquest 2 I accidentally triggered a boss even though we didn't have enough party members....to make it worse even though I play a tank type I don't use it like a tank so I didn't use any taunts to draw aggro or anything.....we died so fast, lol. Honestly I usually solo so I'm not good with group battles.

19. Deleted member 41274

Reading List:
    Link
    it's cute iloveyaoi

20. asriu

asriu fu~ fu~ fu~

Reading List:
    Link
    ah you mean you take hmm tank job but on attacker path? from more than 10 years online gaming experience before retired I only know 3 person who take that path, and mostly they are solo or if on party those party need another tank~
    seem hard being different from mainstream lel but cuz I also make similar type I can say it's worth for fun~