Discussion Should I start playing dota 2

Discussion in 'Gaming Discussion' started by Limetrix, May 20, 2017.

1. bessem

bessem Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    well when youre the only one buying ward cuz other are "carry" blink dagger and invisibility and youre done for if u dont have the map covered.
    i didnt get to ranked account only lvl 23 so yeah only shitty players. i only kept dota for the custom game ans sometimes playing an ar game

2. Diukes

Diukes The Details will be omitted

Reading List:
    Link
    not worth, better play some mmorpg ;p Or co-op

3. justmehere

justmehere Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The only reason why im playing dota now is bcoz i played with bunch of friends. If you dont have friends to play to begin with, its highly not recommended.

In any case, pick 3 starting heroes. I recommend sven, viper and omniknight. Play against bots for 5 hours with each hero. If you cant win a game against easy bots, dont bother playing public games. Learn about using couriers, wards etc.

Once youre done dominating bots and getting 30 kills, then get ready for hell. Go into a game, when picking heroes, pick sven if you think your team dont have enough melee, pick viper if too much mellee. Dont bother with omni until you cant win anymore coz you realize you need support in your team. Voila... Youre the support, start using omniknight.
    Listen to good people, mute flamers. Gank if they ping the enemy, get back if they cross ping.

Last edited: May 20, 2017
  4. asriu

asriu fu~ fu~ fu~

Reading List:
    Link
    cuz well some on unranked actually play just for fun~ some just for nostalgia feeling from dota~ low rank have more people with childish attitude and low mental hmm power? lel rage quit, blame cuz dc and not pausing, lack of teamplay ect~
    oh well time change I guess~ maybe my group just a bunch of people who still can laugh on 1vs5 cuz dc

5. Ceimur

Ceimur Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    As a DoTA 2 Player I only suggest it if you really want a complex and has full focus on Team Play. Dota 2 7.00 (AKA DoTA 3) has now new mechanics that make it more complex. One of this is the ability tree.

DoTA 3 now impose an all attribute up every level. Also, when you reach Lvl 10, 15, 20, and 25, there are one of two passive traits that can be chosen each milestone. I'll use Wraith King as an Example:
    On Level 10 you can give WK +10 int or 15 damage.
    On 15, its +50 Wraithfire Blast DPS (One of WK's skills) or +15 Movement speed.
    On 20, +10% Vampiric Aura Life Steal (One of WK's Skills) or +40 attack speed.
    On 25, Reincarnation casts Wraithfire Blast (Both are WK's skills) or No Reincarnation mana cost.
    As I don't play both LoL and HoTS, So I cannot guarantee that what I'm saying is true but, in terms of complexity of each games I'll rank HoTS as lowest since I heard that it has a Levels are equally shared to all players. LoL next since it's mechanics are much more player friendly (or so I've heard). And DoTA 2 at the highest since it is much more complicated game compared to the two.

Now what do I recommend. Honestly if I don't have a steam account, I would rather play LoL since DoTA is too hard for me to play. Lots of team work needed yet your team doesn't "work" and if they do, it's solo work.

6. Deleted member 41274

Deleted member 41274 Guest

Reading List:
    Link
    From europe actually

7. Riqu

Riqu ~Legendary Lurker~

Reading List:
    Link
    i thought your from SEA cause many ppl having the same issue here as that too.

8. Deleted member 41274

Reading List:
    Link
    Oh I didn't know, but in europe there were hella many wc3 players

9. Riqu

Riqu ~Legendary Lurker~

Reading List:
    Link
    i tried dota 2 before but i couldn't acess it on steam, idk why but i don't have any problem with my comp specs. that's why i don't play it. hahaha

Last edited: May 20, 2017
    VOLX98 likes this.
  10. Deleted member 41274

Reading List:
    Link
    Ah damn that sucks

Riqu likes this.
  11. ongoingwhy

ongoingwhy Meat Pie Lover

Reading List:
    Link
    MOBAs are only fun when you're winning. If you're a decent player and have a 50/50 win loss rate, you're probably not having fun half of the time. If that's the kind of thing you're into, then go for it.

12. JJ

JJ [?]

Reading List:
    Link
    I used to play dota but now, I'm just enjoying the arcade of dota 2 which is the community's modded content.

13. Sky Farrow

Sky Farrow 天外之魔

Reading List:
    Link
    I play it pretty often, its a good time to start now because the Internationals are coming ;3
    But you need to be mentally prepared for people raging and flaming you or the team for being a noob.
    Once that's done, just see whether you enjoy the game or not.

Damyabo likes this.
  14. Limetrix

Limetrix Follower of the dao of laziness

Reading List:
    Link
    So I started playing lol played like a few games with bots ranked up then started PvP. Well to be quite truthful, I don't have the time to play 40 minute games so this moba genre might not be for me.
    Just going to play some dirty bomb and overwatch now. Of you guys know some good mmorpg please tell me their names too. Thanks.