Small and undeveloped ideas

Discussion in 'Community Creations' started by honglath, Mar 1, 2016.

1. honglath

honglath I miss my PC

Reading List:
    Link
    My talent as a writer is poor. However, that doesn't mean i can't have spontaneous ideas of novels i would find interesting to read. I'll share a few here, from time to time.

The first idea and the one that had me make this post is about a martial artist who, for one reason or another, becomes prince-consort of a naive, adorable, innocent and so on princess.
    The themes would be slice of life, comedy, action, romance, politics. The plot would cover everything from their day-to-day life and all the sweetness it entails to surviving the political scene with plenty of plots, poisons and assassination attempts and of course various combat situations.

As i saw it, the MC is the martial artist who is a traveling expert with a hidden past. By a chance encounter he manages to save a bubbly princess with whom he falls in love at first sight.
    The heroine is a sheltered princess, naive in the ways of the world, with a penchant of attracting trouble. Through a series of unfortunate events, her previous suitors met abrupt ends of various kinds and her parents now worry she'll be single for life.

I haven't thought of the details, nor will I. If anyone gains inspiration from this small idea, i wish you luck.

Tentative Prologue - Prince Consort novel

Blood... Screams... Severed limbs... The stench of rotting intestines... Lots and lots of death and suffering... This is a battlefield. This is a massacre...

Does being the only one left standing mean we won? Won what? My friends, my family, my teachers and my fellow disciples... all gone. Was it worth it?
    Our enemies lie dead right next to them. Who won? There's nothing left to win. Everything is gone. What now? Now.. I don't know.

It's been years since then and i still don't understand what happened. What was it that raised so much hatred between us? I doubt i'll ever know so i'll stop asking.

My name is ________. I was abandoned on the steps of a martial arts school right after i was born by someone unknown. The head of the school took pity on me and decided to raise me. It wasn't long until he figured this was an opportunity granted by the heavens, an opportunity to create the perfect disciple. My fate since then was to become stuffed with the best medicine, trained to develop a godlike body and taught to become an encyclopedia of martial arts.

It wasn't all bad though. As someone with no relatives, i easily became the school mascot. Everyone pitched in raising me and as such became family.
    They all hoped i'd become the strongest and together we'd claim the top as a martial school. I believed it too. I believed that... i'd be able to protect them all the way... I failed.

From time to time i wish i'd have died then, that i'd lay besides them and that we'd go together and be happy. I should've, but i couldn't.
    Master drilled it into me since i was a baby... Whoever brought me to his doorsteps could've killed me, yet didn't. Through the harsh training i should've died more than once, yet didn't... I should've died in that battle, yet... didn't. That's a sign, he said. I'm meant to survive. I shall.

No longer having a place to call home, i started to wonder around this world that seemingly won't let me go. To live and not know why, to know there's a world and not see it, wouldn't it be a shame? So i randomly picked a direction and left.

*gurgle*

- I'm hungry...

*gurgle*

- I'm glad you agree, dear stomach!

*happy gurgle*

- You're quite welcome.

*sad gurgle*

- I know. I too find the lack of animals in this area to be quite weird...

*apprehensive gurgle*

- Hmm? You hear sounds of fighting?

*excited gurgle*

- You're right! Where there's people, there's food! Hurry!

*impatient gurgle*

- I'm running! I'm running!

It didn't take me long to reach the scene, but what i saw made me wonder if this wasn't a dream and i had already passed out due to hunger.
    An unconscious, beautiful, young woman was being protected by a group of wild animals led by a giant polar bear from a group of what seemed to be part of a circus, all while those i assume were the young woman's guards were on the ground senselessly laughing.

*a pinching gurgle*

- Ouch! Hey!

*gurgle*

- Huh... I guess it's not a dream then.

Unfortunately the fight took an unexpected turn when what seemed to be a clown threw a couple of weird balls at some of the animals' feet. The balls exploded on impact and released a yellowish dust all around the area. The animals were quickly affected and were forced to separate, allowing the circus folk to quickly press the advantage.
    In mere moments only the polar bear was left still standing.

"Helluva prize we caught ourselves this time!"

A middle-aged man with a nasty attitude walked out from the brush, greedily eyeing the polar bear.

One of the clowns stepped forward reluctantly and said with a wry smile "I don't know boss. That bear's smart enough to sick the locals on us and seems quite loyal. I don't think whoever tamed it might like us trying to take it."

"Nonsense! It can only be considered their luck to have The Great _______ handle their pets into stardom." the leader quickly rebutted.

"What about the lil' chick?" asked one of the other men.

"It's a pity, she's quite cute, but the order was no survivors. We already took the money and these are not folk we can swindle, so there's no choice. Kill her. But make it quick and try to keep it painless! ... Shame... Such a pretty young thing would've made a fortune."

Remembering there were a bunch of guards still laughing nearby, the leader quickly amended "Oh yeah, kill the guards too. And make it quick! There's something about this forest that doesn't sit right with me... *shudder* "

The clown with weird balls quickly intervened "No need to worry about the guards, boss. I upgraded my laughing powder recently and whoever inhales it now laughs themselves to death. There's no cure for them out here so they'll soon die on their own."

The leader shrugged and indiferently turned to walk away.

As the circusmen spread out to capture the bear and kill their intended target, i too made some preparations. And by preparations i meant go out and kill them as fast as possible in order to conserve as much energy as i could.

It was over in a moment. They simply took a step forward and just kept going downwards.

The next moment there was a *thud* and afterwards only silence... *gurgle* ... nevermind.

The bear was stunned, the girl unconscious, the unknown man hungry, the guards laughing and the rest were dead.

With a weakly turn, i looked towards a few fallen animals and a *gurgle* later, the fire was already started.

The bear was still stunned, the girl still unconscious, the guards still laughing, the dead still dead. Only the stranger was skinning a random animal, devouring it with his eyes while drooling uncontrolably.

---------------------------------------------------------------
    Sindaregion's idea:
    ----------------------------------------------------------------

My second idea, which was probably done before, is inspired by Mother of Learning and an episode of Stargate SG-1:

A young, naive king is murdered for reasons unknown. He then wakes up in his own bed screaming and thinks it was a nightmare. When his steward/butler rushes in with the guards, he calms down and explains the situation. The steward/butler comes closer and reassures him that everything is alright, then suddenly stabs him in the heart.
    The young king wakes up again, this time in silent shock, and starts pondering.

Yes, this is a time loop scenario. The young king is stuck dying over and over again due to various plots and unfortunate accidents, unsure of when the time loop might suddenly stop.
    With each leap, he meets new people, allies and enemies alike, uncovers more and more of the actual political scene and of the situation of his people beyond the castle walls.

Last edited: Mar 1, 2016
    forgotten likes this.
  2. coveted

coveted Sexiest Banana Alive

Reading List:
    Link
    Why not look for someone to collaborate with someone to write your ideas. This would be a great opportunity you know. I like your idea. I just don't know how it would go.

3. Detrolord

Detrolord Regular Pervert Member

Reading List:
    Link
    -_- no harem?

4. Estarossa

Estarossa 《Master of Dessert》°Resurrected Ghoul°

Reading List:
    Link
    Pull a manga thing where you got the author and artist. One to think up the ideas and one to bring it to life

5. Kuro no Maou

Kuro no Maou BABYBABYBABYBABYBABYBABYBABYBABYBABYBABY

Reading List:
    Link
    Go back to your xianxias kid B(

6. Hazery

Hazery Missing Member

Reading List:
    Link
    With very high bullshit luck and high plot armor? If you include this two, then i dare to say not much people will watch your work...
    Well, if it was carefully planned and have an awesome plot that almost no one can predict (with a little tragedy of course) + original, then you have a new follower right now

7. coveted

coveted Sexiest Banana Alive

Reading List:
    Link
    How about some little luck and plot armor for the heroine?

8. honglath

honglath I miss my PC

Reading List:
    Link
    It would be a very short collaboration.
    I like my ideas too, but i lack the ability to properly develop them.

No.

Too much work. And if i can't properly explain what i want to the artist, we'd get sick of each other fast.

No need to devote yourself. In my mind the MC is a living plot armor when it comes to the princess and no characters i like will die tragically, ever.
    ...well, there was that one route, but i lack the political mind needed to make believable convoluted plots that would have made it happen.

Guys, thank you for your interest, but i won't be writing this. I already know i can't make it work, which is why i'm letting it go free to run around in the literary wilds.

9. Raphael

Raphael Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Now I just feel awkward as soon as I read the small and undeveloped part I was thinking of something else I mean why small an undeveloped when you can have big and developed. u know wut im saiyan?

10. Sindaregion

Sindaregion Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Lol, I feel the same way.

I came up with this one Time-travel fiction idea (actually fleshed it out too with a basic outline of ~1000 words) where the backwards time-travel is based on impacts, so some of the energy of the collision somehow warps time to send you back depending on how strong the impact was. What's interesting about this idea is that you can only go back in time so much, before the impact is too much for your body to take and you die. Keep in mind that since some of the impact energy is interchanged for time-travel energy (the pseudoscience is real), time travelers are able to take stronger impacts than most people, e.g. jumping off a building without turning into 'boeuf tartare.'

Forwards time-travel was based on sprinting, so the longer you run as quickly as possible, the faster you go into the future. The plot was based on someone who sprinted too far into the future and was trying to go back to the past by seeking bigger and bigger 'impacts.' The main character (not the person who went to far into the future) gets wrapped up into these 'impacts' and tries to stop the other person from going too far and trying to change something that is becoming ever more unchangeable.

Only problems were that I have no time to actually write it and my story-writing ability is shitty.

iampsyx and honglath like this.