So ... Powerless

Discussion in 'TV/Movies Discussion' started by sal880612m, Feb 17, 2017.

1. sal880612m

sal880612m As I thought, love was a status effect! ~ICDS

Reading List:
    Link
    I have no idea what to say about this. The show is called Powerless and it's about people who work for a subsidiary of Wayne Enterprises (yes, that Wayne, you know the one with the cape and the cowl.) in research and development. It's a half hour comedy show that's only aired a couple episodes, and I will be surprised if it gets very far but ... whatever.

I mean it's absolutely cheesy and the execution is less than amazing but I can't help but marvel at how amazingly comic book-ish it is.

Just curious if anyone else has seen or even heard of it and what they think of it if they have.

Edit: Have to say I'm less than impressed with Alan Tudyk's character so far even though I've only seen the first episode. Hopefully that's something that improves ... but it just seems so bland.

2. mmsupreme

mmsupreme How do I change my custom title?

Reading List:
    Link
    The premise is great since it answers how people are trying to live around the super powers

3. PatrickC49

PatrickC49 Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I have watched it on hulu and it's okay. I prefer the comedy the Great Indoors which is on at the same time. The last episode (3) though wasn't very good I thought.

4. Aternus

Aternus Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    For a mini-series or a single episode/small part/ or like following a super hero brother, and normal brother/ of a super hero series sure.

But I just can’t see this standing on its own when there are far more interesting stories right in front of their faces every episode.

Who knows, I could be totally wrong.

5. TheZephyrStorm

TheZephyrStorm Rock God

Reading List:
    Link
    It's quite limited with being a half hour sitcom. My main problems are how dumb some of the things are. The villains are so stupid. A pumpkin themed villain throwing fireballs in a giant metal city. There are so many ways that could go wrong. First, is the fire hot enough to melt the buildings? Is it destroying them through explosions? If you are flying and destroy a nearby building with an explosion, the building would collapse in your direction. There's also the absurd amount of pollution which I doubt these villains thought to filter out. This is 9/11 level pollution they inhale daily. Then you stop the villain with a machine that senses smell? Go to Hollister, by some cologne, bam, every teenager is now arrested for being a pumpkin themed villain and they no longer have grounds to arrest you based off of smell

6. sal880612m

sal880612m As I thought, love was a status effect! ~ICDS

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm not saying I particularly disagree with anything you've said but ... Jack O' Lantern seems like he's based fairly heavily on one of Spider-mans many Goblin villains. Who flies around throwing pumpkin bombs in New York city, so ... yeah. And the solution while kind of stupid, is also a tactic that is used by real police forces in some situations. Granted they use dogs, not devices but the main principle is the same. I don't know the exact legal issues with that if there are any, but I would assume that in the worst case it's merely a matter of collecting corroborating evidence.

7. TheZephyrStorm

TheZephyrStorm Rock God

Reading List:
    Link
    It wasn't so much following a scent trail as it was just going off if something with that same smell was within a mile radius which is just too broad and doesn't help if you are near a place that sells perfume or cologne