Question Spoiler definition for NUF

Discussion in 'Novel General' started by Ziggio, Apr 24, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ziggio

Ziggio Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Please define the "spoiler" tag and definition as it relates to NUF.

Many people on this forum think a spoiler is when some reveals a future part of the story translated or not. So if they ask a question and the answer is revealed in the translated portion, they say that is a "spoiler".

I disagree. If you are on ch1 and someone tells you what happens in ch10 that is not a spoiler unless there are only 9 chapters available. My opinion is if it's translated it's NOT a spoiler, because everyone has a chance to read find out, therefore it's not "spoiling" anything since you have the chance to find out.

A spoiler is if you don't have a chance to read (untranslated) and someone gives you the answer. That to me is "spoiling" the story and therefore a spoiler.

Keep in mind this is only my definition relating to NUF spoilers. The definition varies depending on other topics.

Discuss and hopefully we can get a clear answer from the powers that be.

Thank you.

2. asriu

asriu fu~ fu~ fu~

Reading List:
    Link
    when something can spoil lel~ I used to hid something that become IMO long post~ or just use it as is bait
    e81.gif

3. Princess Renesmee

Princess Renesmee Cry baby

Reading List:
    Link
    Hi.. I think that the spoiler is when someone write about the future part of the novel (for example), whether it has been translated or not. I do understand what do you mean, but even though we have the chance to find out about it later, it will feel different if we know it by ourselves instead of being told by others. For me, I tend to skip the chapter or don't read it wholeheartedly if I already know what will happen. Of course, I still read for the detail, but it will reduce the enthusiasm. Well, it's not that I don't like the spoiler. In fact, I often read it especially when the translation is slow or I am really curious about the battle (for example).

4. StuffedDuck

StuffedDuck Stuffed with Fluff

Reading List:
    Link
    I am as well guilty of sometimes ruining the fun for readers (just not doing it intentionally) by mentioning facts, events way into the story without taking into consideration that not everyone is up to date with the actual translation.
    I think it is just a sign of being a decent human being, if you try to avoid spoiling events for readers not up to date.
    Same with titles or questions asked: "Why does everybody and their chickens and dogs die in 'Random Novel Name'" is neither a good example of a title nor a question to be asked without spoiler code - in my humble opinion only ofc ...

5. sufod01

sufod01 Ghost

Reading List:
    Link
    Your definition of spoiler is already an common sense for most of readers.
    Like those many dudes who asking "Which chapter MC is.." or "Forgotten Novel so MC is an..", most of times they'll just describe the scene and don't put an spoiler. In my opinion this is already to late to change it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.