Tag female protagonists pls

Discussion in 'Novel Updates Site Discussion' started by Tachi Works, Jan 23, 2017.

1. Tachi Works

Tachi Works Not a very well known member

Reading List:
    Link
    Id love it if anytime people came across a novel with a female protag, that theyd remember to tag it. Since it's easy to remember tags like "dense female lead" but people seem to overlook the significance of a female protag tag. Like I assumed this one novel was a male harem novel or a yaoi cuz of the boyish haircut and the genderbending. Just putting that out there, thanks!

Also I often use the Female Protag tag as a shortcut to discovering new similar novels I know I will probably like. Since like male oriented novels, female protag novels usually have stereotypes they follow too.

I know a majority of them are already tagged spare a few haha

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 25, 2017
  2. Lovely

Lovely 『Valentines Terror!』『Cherished Kitty』『Rika's Twin』

Reading List:
    Link
    O7
    lovely ll help nya!
    *roll around*

AMissingLinguist and Tachi Works like this.
  3. Tachi Works

Reading List:
    Link
    I love female protags vuey mucho X)

speaking of which: 17 female protag pages to 32 male protag pages, that's actually a better ration then I thought it would be, at least female protags account for at least half the male X) if it was a third id be saadd

AMissingLinguist, Raizeljr and Lovely like this.
  4. Tachi Works

Reading List:
    Link
    It seems then that you mostly read jp novels? you should give Chinese female protag stories a try. Theyre kind of almost tooo independent. and badass af. try filtering for female protag and CN novel. YOure missing oooout.

AMissingLinguist and Lovely like this.
  5. Raneday

Raneday Not Rane

Reading List:
    Link
    I love female protagonist too. Especially when they're just adventuring and the like and no to males that will just suddenly fall in love with them for no reason at all. Hmmm and I want to see more female protagonist that are spies, adventurer, assassins and the likes and even if there's no romance at all

ICe and Lovely like this.
  6. Raizeljr

Raizeljr Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Right, most of them include romance so it's quite difficult to find. I love female protag stories but with all the quantity being too small and take too long to update i began to forget the stories when a new update available. Its quite sad that some of the stories no longer being translate. Btw I love both JP and CN stories.

Raneday likes this.
  7. Tachi Works

Reading List:
    Link
    Though you have probably already read these or have them on your list, I recommend http://www.novelupdates.com/series/stunning-edge/ and http://www.novelupdates.com/series/dragon-dragon-dragon/ and http://www.novelupdates.com/series/little-phoenix-is-not-an-immortal/ altho little phoenix is in theory a romance, it's a failed romanctic fling, so she's actually just running around making trouble as a happy single.

http://www.novelupdates.com/series/little-phoenix-is-not-an-immortal/ I like Little Phoenix the most because even while being single she ultimately gets the best of everything, and has funny adventures.

8. gutox253

gutox253 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeah, stereotypes:

Chinese: She is a cold girl, who has nothing in her eyes but revenge, or she got killed in another world and is called trash or probably is a consort. That is until a random prince or expert appears and she forgets she is cold, falling in love with him.
    Japanese: Cute girl doing cute things.

See? Japanese female protagonists stories are way better. hahah
    Oh yeah, I never heard about korean female protagonists. I searched now and there are only three translated on NU.

Shio and Raizeljr like this.
  9. Raneday

Raneday Not Rane

Reading List:
    Link
    yup I really love Evil God Average and I Said Make My Abilities Average

gutox253 likes this.
  10. OverlyFriendly

OverlyFriendly I should do something about

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeah I've seen them before ;_;
    And it gets me so confused
    I just see female lead and male lead...
    There should also be a male protagonist tag

Tachi Works likes this.
  11. etvolare

etvolare Celestial Fluff

Reading List:
    Link
  12. Tachi Works

Reading List:
    Link
    All but the last one. Don't understand it cuz why does she stick around if she already has power and prestige etc

13. AliceShiki

AliceShiki 『Ms. Tree』『Magical Girl of Love and Justice』

Reading List:
    Link
    Well, just wanted to say 2 things.

1) Yeah, I agree with you, would be nice if people used the tag more often when it applies, makes it easier for people that prefer to read novels with female protagonists.
    2) Please, avoid hijacking the thread, the thread isn't about female MCs, which language does it best, or anything like that, it's just a call out to make people remember to use the appropriate tag... Funnily enough, the OP helped in the hijacking, so I guess this point is kinda moot... Still, I guess it's good to ask people to avoid hijacking?

That's it I guess, I don't think anyone would mind if everyone kept on talking about novels with female MCs on this thread in specific, but on the next time, please make sure to properly read the OP and don't make a comment that is not about it... Again, doesn't seem to be a problem in this specific thread since the OP was also willing to discuss it.