Discussion Technology conspiracy

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by ZhaWarudo, Sep 19, 2017.

1. mir

mir Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    No. I remember that one is supposed to sound like a mosquito buzzing, but this was much lower in pitch(?) and people both over and under the age of 21 were hearing it.

edit: 15 minutes of looking through sound videos, I can't find anything like it to give as an example
    The closest one is this, but it's still very different
    the pitch is similar at least

Last edited: Sep 20, 2017
  2. AliceShiki

AliceShiki 『Ms. Tree』『Magical Girl of Love and Justice』

Reading List:
    Link
    I think that conspiracies are fun and good to laugh at! \(^^)/

I mean, sure, some of them might be real, but... It's not like I can do anyting about it anyway, so I might as well just laugh at it.

3. ZhaWarudo

ZhaWarudo TOKI WO TOMARE!!!

Reading List:
    Link
    And how do you know there wasn't a cover up? You don't know, you can't know unless you're the leader of the world who knows everything important. Maybe there were shams, ofc there were shams, but maybe there were the reals deals too. Why would elecricity,car,aeroplane and oil companies permit development of highly effiecient and cheap, or perhaps even totally free energy source?
    50% coal power plant effieciency, 40% renewables... not very efficient but very expensive.

4. J.R.

J.R. Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    because i have at least basic knowledge of math, physics, chemistry, psychology, and business?

lets look at this scenario you propose.

You propose that a company would use it's wealth and power to acquire and suppress a "magic" technology (more on that in a moment) that would revolutionize their field.

AND

Use it's wealth to support a massively expensive R&D budget to produce tiny incremental advances in it's existing technologies in order to acquire more market share than it's competitors (thus increasing their wealth).

Automotive market share
    So for example Ford would spend 6.7 billion dollars on R&D in 2014 for a few incremental advantages that help thier market share grow from..... 13.3% to 13.7%....... (loosely), by making their trucks get 17mpg instead of 16

That's option 1

OR

supposing that any of this "magic" worked. For could instead spend 6.7 billion dollars retooling a factory, and produce cars and trucks that get 70+ mpg and can drive 1000 miles on a single tank. That will allow them to utterly dominate and crush the competition.

For example loosely spit-balling, if ford makes 100 billion dollars a year in revenue with 15% of the market, and comes out with a car that beats all of it's competitors by a factor of 10 to seize 100% of the market, now they are making 660 billion dollars., which hyperbolistically speaking, is all the money.

So you say a greedy corporation is willing to exert it's power and wealth to crush some redneck who invented a "gasoline fuel pill", but not use that same wealth to increase it's own wealth and power by a factor of 5 times as much? (this applies to all the mentioned industries, not just cars)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So about that magic technology, those "real deals"

Hahaha, no.

Lets look at a few basic principles you should be aware of.

The first is the second law of thermodynamics
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Second_law_of_thermodynamics

the second is something called the Carnot Cycle
    http://hyperphysics.phy-astr.gsu.edu/hbase/thermo/carnot.html

Basically, no process is 100% efficient, every time you change energy from one form to another, or even move it around, you are going to lose some of it to heat. This is across the board in everything you do.

For example if i want a pound of steak, i've got to feed a cow 12 pounds of grain (roughly) meaning that i've "lost" 11 pounds of "energy" somwhere. Similarly if i put 100J of energy into a device, i'm only going to get some lesser value of effect from it.
    Or if i put 100 joules of electricity into an led lightbulb, i get 14 joules of light and 86 joules of heat.

Engine efficiencies

See at it's heart pretty much all of these "suppressed" technologies are "invented" by people with no scientific background, no credibility, and a history of scams and deceptive behavior.

Like one of my neighbors who was convinced that running his lawnmower on a 50/50 blend of rubbing alcohol and gasoline was more efficient than using gasoline (it's not) it's almost always a hair brained scheme that doesn't work. Or does work only if you ignore some pretty shady slight of hand.

5. ZhaWarudo

ZhaWarudo TOKI WO TOMARE!!!

Reading List:
    Link
    You won't convince me! You're obviously an agent from the establisment!