Spoiler The Fierce Illegitimate Miss

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by Jade_xx, Jul 6, 2017.

1. Jade_xx

Jade_xx Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Blique likes this.
  2. winter-t

winter-t Casual Lurker

Reading List:
    Link
    ML is Prince Xu.
    He shows up in chapter 17.
    She beats them up or kills them.

As for whether this is worth reading, it really depends on your tastes? If you want to see a girl beat people up quickly and violently with utter disregard towards the ancient customs of giving face/maintaining a nice reputation/respecting your elders/etc, this is the novel for you. Later on, her methods start including schemes instead of only head on violence, but the early chapters are pretty much MC ruling with an iron fist. If you're looking for something where everything is resolved via battles of wit and is 100% historically accurate, you probably won't like this.

3. vsukio

vsukio Well-Known Egg

Reading List:
    Link
    Heres some examples :
    • Beating them repeatedly until their entire body is blk and blue with bruises (she even does it in public/in front of the ML LMAO)
    • Silting their throat
    • Scheming to ruin their reputation
    • Shaves their hair (since girl's hairs back then are extremely important)
    • Extorts money out of them
    • And finally, the good old classic poisoning
    As for whether it's worth reading, the MC is pretty blunt and doesn't care how people see's her. An example of this is how she stole the ML's horse in front of everyone while not caring what his status was. When he came to her to get his horse back, even after finding out his identy, she didn't care. She's pretty nice to her maid who had always been by the original body owners side. She made her dress up all pretty and bought her things. She also takes action pretty fast in the start. When her father came home from being gone for a couple of years, on the same day, she already beat the crap out of him. :eek:

Last edited: Jul 6, 2017
  4. Jade_xx

Reading List:
    Link
    Thanks!!

5. ludagad

ludagad Addicted to escapist novels

Reading List:
    Link
    Haaah, honestly, I loved this novel. Because I read a ton of novels with historical setting, where it's all about image, reputation and battle of wits, I eventually got tired of those verbal trappings and mean girls twisting black into white and trying to ruin the MC's reputation and so on. I still enjoy those mind you, I just feel frustrated sometimes. Then this novel came to the rescue: quick resolutions and an MC who doesn't give a f*ck about reputation. Her image was already ruined by others and false rumors flying about, so she has f*ck all to lose. Every time some stuck up girl tries to verbally trap her into something, our MC just deals with her physically. I think she even mentions somewhere that those girls were too weak and fragile and only relied on men. Whenever something happens, they would go cry to mommy and daddy (about one princess who tried to make the MC drink a huge cup of alcohol, so she would get drunk and embarrass herself in front of the guests; trying to verbally trap her into it and make her unable to refuse. The MC just grabbed that cup and emptied it on the princess' head. Then the princess started threatening she would tell the emperor and so on. And the MC was like, 'for such a small thing?')

So, she's quick tempered, but not stupid. As the novel progresses and she has to deal with more powerful enemies, she adjusts her attitude. The ML is also there to cover her back. The both of them together are practically a nightmare for everyone, lmao.

6. Jade_xx

Reading List:
    Link
    Now this is a girl I like (y)

7. Midori

Midori Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    yeah, it's true---! i read part of this in google translate, keke! the male lead is very likely to be the prince who's constantly pursuing her! the first time she met, it was at night, when she was out shopping with her maidservant. all the people in the city closed their doors because that prince was well-known in that when he was drunk, he'd go making trouble for people. he was riding a horse, and she just ignored him, but since he almost hit her maidservant with his whip( or something, don't remember), she hit him and then stole his horse, he was surprised by her martial arts, too, lol.

8. kaguya0401

kaguya0401 aka Xia (fledgling editor & TL'er)

Reading List:
    Link
    LOL. I really like the MC just because her attitude is different from MCs of similar stories. can't wait to read more.

nicomcla1995 and nielyti like this.
  9. Ashie

Ashie *Hides*

Reading List:
    Link
    Wow, other novel to read. Have MC any admirers? If yes who and how they meet?

10. Midori

Midori Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    yeah, her attitude is so satisfying, when she's just beating up whoever she can! mostly in the earlier parts!
    @Ashie yup, she does! one of the princes! probably the main male lead too!

nielyti likes this.
  11. ChuChi

ChuChi Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I was reading this in raws but got sidetracked by another similar novel when i was searching for it in google, i got given a different novel. Was the given link in the "pick-up forum" incomplete? Although that other novel was the same and was quite good in the beginning it fell flat at the end. So i am hoping this one is better, i'll give it another try.

12. Ashie

Ashie *Hides*

Reading List:
    Link
    Really? And just one? How they met and how he fell in love? The attitude of MC with him is friendly? And she knows about his feelings?

13. Midori

Midori Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    i stopped partway through the story, so i don't know if he's the only one. but as far as i read, he is indeed the only one.
    that is how they met. he made his love obvious when they were at this gathering at some noble's house, and something happened, then he said he liked her in front of the other guests. after that he keeps coming to her house and giving her gifts lol. the way he's being obvious, yeah, she knows. lol

14. Ashie

Ashie *Hides*

Reading List:
    Link
    And how about emperor and empress? They like MC? There are someone who want separate this two? And you know any cute moments?

15. winter-t

winter-t Casual Lurker

Reading List:
    Link
    There's two others besides ML, the leader of a huge religious organization, and the only son of the imperial tutor. The leader had kidnapped the son and was heavily wounded, but he sneaked away using MC's carriage as a cover. MC found him after she returned home and helped him escape from those who were chasing him. In return, he told her where a "treasure" was located and when she went there, she found the kidnapped son and rescued him.

16. shouahang58

shouahang58 Empress of Being Super Lazy ↜(۳`∇´)۳

Reading List:
    Link
    Any spoilers on romantic moments between both leads???
    And how did both leads fall in love?

ecl95 likes this.
  17. Amsir

Amsir Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I like this kind of MC.. gonna add to my reading list....

18. AquaticSilver

AquaticSilver Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Awesome! Thanks for the spoilers.

19. ludagad

ludagad Addicted to escapist novels

Reading List:
    Link
    So, this is very spoilery regarding the romance aspect.

The ML is in a sort of awkward position in court, so it's in his best interest to pretend he's an idle dandy. So he ruins his reputation on purpose. That really wasn't a surprising reveal to me. I would've preferred if he really was a masochist dandy turning over a new leaf due to the MC, lol. But oh well, we c.an't have that in our perfect in every way ML, can we? Since he's putting on a show for others, he starts chasing the MC in a very showy way. The MC is born of a concubine, which means her status is rather low and no man of high status would take her as a primary wife. Which means that the ML, a prince, chasing after her, pretty much implies he has no ambition to take a powerful wife that would help him solidify his position. In the beginning, he's chasing after that MC only for that reason, plus the fact that he found her a bit intriguing when she kicked him off his horse and then lead it to her home (and refuses to return it). But the more he interacted with her, the more he started liking her attitude and personality (very free).

He also goes around wearing a mask and doing secretive stuff (I didn't read far enough in the novel to get a full idea of why), and he first met the MC in a confrontation, when the assassin he and his men were chasing hides under her carriage, which starts a whole arc. Anyway, after that, he meets her with the mask on occasionally, and he's his true self then - strong, shrewd, cold, you know, like every ideal Chinese ML. It seems that the distrustful MC sensed from the start that the ML wasn't sincere in his feelings for her while he was chasing her in the beginning, which was why she was so cruel in rejecting him (and physical too). She eventually started liking the ML, but then she discovered he was the masked guy and put two and two together, so she realized he's been duping her. The ML had to grovel a bit after that lol. Anyway, my memory is really hazy, so there's a chance I might be mixing up the timeline or something. I just meant to let you know that the ML isn't really a M, which I find very regrettable, but what can ya do~

20. Noble Virtue

Noble Virtue Member

Reading List:
    Link
    is this novel good?

elparis likes this.