Spoiler The Founder of Diabolism

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by kiara8, Mar 29, 2017.

1. Sakhyu

Sakhyu Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    this is months late but the folktale is called 'Butterfly Lovers' if you're interested. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Butterfly_Lovers Its adapted to a violin concerto called the butterfly lovers concerto, and the main theme should be somewhat familiar. Its pretty hard though, I can only play half of it rip.

alexfilia and kiara8 like this.
  2. Yuslia

Yuslia Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    It begin in chapter 51.
    I think Ml had fallen in love since Mc studied at Lan sect, but he did realize it slowly though.
    Btw, Im freaking love the final quote in chapter 113 aka the final chapter
    Its so SWEETTTTTTTTT OMGGGGGG

3. Shizuka15

Shizuka15 Lady Lan XiChen

Reading List:
    Link
    My! you can't tease so much!!!;) But i guess it's a major spoiler?

Last edited: Jul 15, 2017
  4. Ami

Ami Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Did ML cry when MC confessed to him :eek: ?

5. alexfilia

alexfilia Bromance & Fluff <3

Reading List:
    Link
    no they were in a temple along with other people...they simply confessed and went to seal corpses xD

6. kiara8

kiara8 Lurking

Reading List:
    Link
    In the newest chapter, Lan Qiren said this,
    What's the difference between clan and sect?

And, Nie HuaiSang's brother, Nie MingJue, is the sworn brother of Jin GuangYao and Lan Huan?

alexfilia likes this.
  7. Luen

Luen One Who Silences The TMI Onigiri Kitty

Reading List:
    Link
    clan is composed of blood-related people only while sect accepts non-blood related disciples.

yes he was. the 3 of them were pretty famous.

Nikha, scriptor, alexfilia and 2 others like this.
  8. winter-t

winter-t Casual Lurker

Reading List:
    Link
    Clan generally refers to a extended family, where it's composed of people who have some kind of blood relation (or are adopted) and members generally share the same last name. Sect is more of a focus on passing down martial arts/techniques via master-disciple relationships, where disciples are taken in from all over and it's generally close to an organization.

Tbh, in Chinese there's a lot different words that describe different types of "sects" and "clans", but sadly, there isn't a 1-to-1 translation of each word. I don't think translators are that strict w/ when to use sect or clan, and a lot of the times it's used interchangeably.

Yes, the three of them are sworn brothers. Nie MingJue is the eldest and he and Lan XiChen had became brothers much earlier. Jin GuangYao was sworn in as their youngest brother only later.

Asami, Aeli, Nikha and 4 others like this.
  9. K.san

K.san take me back to 2017

Reading List:
    Link
    In the current translation of FoDC/GDC, a clan refers to everyone from a sect who are of the same blood and are related, while a sect includes disciples from other clans/families. One example is the forehead ribbon of the Lan Clan—only people from the clan/direct descendants of the founder can wear the forehead ribbon, while disciples sent to the Lan Sect to study cultivation can only wear a common uniform and not allowed to wear the "flowing clouds" pattern. However, this is quite confusing because, in the Chinese version, the words sect and clan are used interchangeably (sometimes 蓝家 refers to the sect, despite it meaning the Lan Clan), so it is sometimes hard to determine whether it is referring to the sect or the clan. It doesn't matter too much, though.

Nikha, Luen, Shizuka15 and 4 others like this.
  10. alexfilia

Reading List:
    Link
    What was the relanshionship between Nie HuaiSang and Wei WuXian before he died? (and after >.>)

11_Olya_11, kiara8 and Shizuka15 like this.
  11. winter-t

winter-t Casual Lurker

Reading List:
    Link
    They were buddies back when they both attended the Lan clan's school. He admired MC and was part of the usual crowd that MC hung around with. I think he was also the guy who gave MC the erotica book that MC used to piss off ML.

After, they didn't have a lot of interaction. There was an arc that involved the Nie clan's sword grave and he gave MC and ML info about what happened in the past and cooperated with their requests. MC never confronted him about his suspicions at the end, and I don't remember it mentioning if they kept in contact or not.

Nikha, kiara8 and alexfilia like this.
  12. Ami

Ami Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    leva, K.san, w3irdg3m and 2 others like this.
  13. kiara8

kiara8 Lurking

Reading List:
    Link
    Just an account though. I don't see any postings, when will the anime come out? Is it still undetermined?

14. Ami

Ami Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    yeah but it's better than nothing, I think its bit early to determine a specific date since they made the announcement like 2 months ago...they did say that anime will be out next year but I'm not sure about it :censored:

kiara8 likes this.
  15. K.san

Reading List:
    Link
    The anime was introduced in 2016, and the company said that this will be one of the major focal points during 2017. If it's early, it's probably going to be spring 2018, but if not, probably 2019. The "first round of communication about the preliminary work" was completed in March of 2017, with a post on Weibo posted by G.CMay Animation (the company producing the art and animation). The post was quickly deleted, however, most likely because they wanted to at least have the character concept arts ready before they release any news.
    Also, for those wondering if it will be a danmei or simply a bromance, Tencent bought the copyrights of four danmei novels, including FoDC, and they also created the borderline danmei Spirit Pact, so chances are that it's going to be a straight-up danmei. The main issue lies in the area of the new policies stating that all media showing homosexuality should be banned. As this is an anime, hopefully, the regulations are less strict.

16. LaDyViL

LaDyViL New Member Staff Member

Reading List:
    Link
    :cry: Oba-sama has been looking forward to this since the first time she heard about it. Hopefully it won't be affected...

Luen, alexfilia, kiara8 and 1 other person like this.
  17. alexfilia

Reading List:
    Link
    @K.san What are the other 3 danmei novels that are getting an anime? *.*

kiara8 and LaDyViL like this.
  18. K.san

Reading List:
    Link
    The Scum Villain's Self-Saving System, written by the author of FoDC and Heavenly Blessings. I just finished Scum Villain a few days ago and am currently looking forward to both this one and FoDC.
    Di Wang Gong Lue (something along the lines of The Emperor Strategy), written by the author of the Jianghu series. I don't think this has been translated yet, but the hardcore fans of Legendary Master's Wife tell me that it's good.
    Er Ling Yi San (Two Zero One Three/Twenty Thirteen/2013), written by Fei Tian Ye Xiang, who also wrote Golden Assistant. His (yes, he's a guy) series about the "Seven Sins of Protagonists" seems interesting, and have been sitting in my reading list since forever ago. This one is the "tsundere" book of the series. The other books of the series all include different types of protagonists, which is quite an interesting setting.

Izn, veihakase, Aeli and 8 others like this.
  19. K.san

Reading List:
    Link
    I desperately need to settle on the name of this novel. I've called it FoD, FoDC, GoDC, GDC, and so many other weird names. Still debating between Founder of Diabolism or Grandmaster of Demonic Cultivation...

Aeli and alexfilia like this.
  20. alexfilia

Reading List:
    Link
    well its known as the founder ....it would be better to keep the name as is? (as long as its not far off)