LCD The Nine Cauldrons

Discussion in 'Latest Chapter Discussion' started by Yuki, Mar 6, 2016.

1. crazyboy1200

crazyboy1200 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I guess it is a full on war and Book 5 begins.... I wanna see Teng Qingshan get rid of thier True Dan Experts. Letzzzz gooo!!! And, kill the young lord of Qing Hu Island.

2. falcon92

falcon92 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    hi
    did the romance start in this novel or should I wait until 500ch like most wuxia
    (I stopped reading this in chapter 70)

3. honglath

honglath I miss my PC

Reading List:
    Link
    Late, late...

---

I knew i should've waited longer until i started reading again! It's just getting good!

4. Nimroth

Nimroth Someone

Reading List:
    Link
    I believe I can finally give up on IET novels entirely with this arc, getting really sick of the coincident plot twists to force conflict.

5. jordanvn

jordanvn Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I think this novel is like the second one he ever wrote so of course compared to the quality of his later works such as Stellar Transformations, and Swallowed Star, the quality of this one is a bit subpar

6. BlackBlade

BlackBlade Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I disagree that this is subpar. In fact it's my favorite iet novel so far. The MC is extremely charismatic.

7. Nimroth

Nimroth Someone

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm not complaining because of this story alone, was disappointed with how both ST and CD ended and Swallowed Star, DE and this story have all had annoying arcs recently.

8. jordanvn

jordanvn Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I honestly understand you and I read ahead in Desolate Era and it just gets worse like I feel the author loves to sh*t on his MC for whatever reason and makes him go through too much. You'll see when the translation gets there or you can read ahead, but I think his beat work was swallowed star like the setting and concept of a modern like Xianxia with zo e sci-fi elements really intrigued me but of course that's just me. I understand tho I feel like his novels have A LOT of potential but they are not executed the best way they can be.

9. ZhaWarudo

ZhaWarudo TOKI WO TOMARE!!!

Reading List:
    Link
    Wtf he turned into a giant? That doesn't sound like it would give him speed nor that is possible with his cultivation as far as we know

10. DorbenRS

DorbenRS Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm digging the giant form. Maybe it's a result of reaching the Innate level? Maybe the Innate energy gives him more options?

And a bigger body gives his body more muscles and conduit of his energy which may enable larger bursts of energy? That would give speed. Now, his agility may not increase, but straight line speed may explode.

11. voydom

voydom Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Damn, I hope his dad can get his lower body control back ... walking around with leg made of metal would be cool. If not, MC can just introduce modern wheelchairs to the world.
    He uses the body transformation with ease ... the giant form is just bigger scale of this transformation, I imagine. As far as the advantages of bigger form go ... just look at MC in DE. Body cultivators use it pretty often. If we assume that he can do a punch in x time, having body twice his original size that can also do a punch in x time means the punch will have 4x the kinetic energy, will be 4x stronger.

12. ZhaWarudo

Reading List:
    Link
    Nope plot hole, his transformation is described as controlling his body, he can compress or expand a little, he can't generate mass...

13. voydom

voydom Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    That's the beauty of it. He does not need to generate mass. Just expand the volume of his body, lowering density of it, keeping the mass constant. Let's say normally MC is 100kg, 1.9m ... he grows to twice his size, going to 3.8m. At that height, his weight would still be 100kg, but the arm that punched before is now twice as long ... going twice the speed of his normal length arm, while the weight of the arm and body is the same. That doubling of the speed of punch equals increase in kinetic energy of the punch that is 4x of the original punch.

14. DorbenRS

Reading List:
    Link
    Seems legit to me! Though I don't know if the author knows that.

15. ZhaWarudo

Reading List:
    Link
    mkay this isn't Desolate Era, I don't think prolonging arms gives more to the punches nor the speed. Strenght would also be weaker and even if it wasn't, there is air resistance, initial burst..

16. DorbenRS

Reading List:
    Link
    Well it certainly didn't hurt.

Because Teng Qinshan did increase in size in a moment of urgency, so it must have helped - probably in speed. Apply all that stuff all you want, but the results (in this story) are plain to see.

17. ZhaWarudo

Reading List:
    Link
    It did hurt his speed and common sense though, why must I explain it so...a truck with a sport car engine will be slower than that sport car

18. DorbenRS

Reading List:
    Link
    Don't make stuff up.

I get that you want to defend your point, but don't make stuff up.

In the chapter where he did increase his size, it was specifically mentioned that his speed increased.

19. ZhaWarudo

Reading List:
    Link
    That's why I wrote it hurt his common sense...

20. voydom

voydom Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    No point talking about air resistance when MC is smashing ppl with weight of 100 tons. Let me give you the most simple example.

You try to punch with a hand. The trajectory of the hand is 1m, during that 1m you accelerate your hand with your muscles from 0 to 10m/s ... the punch connects. The punch takes 0.2s to land, the acceleration is 50m/s. Now imagine you are twice as big, but have same weight and strength. The trajectory of the punching hand is now 2m, during first 1m you accelerate your hand to the same velocity of 10m/s. Everything is the same as in first scenario. But now you still have 1m to accelerate further, so you keep accelerating your hand. The 2nd meter is faster, since you already have velocity 10m/s and the hand crosses the 2nd meter in about 0.08 second. The final velocity is 14m/s, the kinetic energy of the punch is 1,96x bigger than the 1m punch. Now add to that possible movement of the body itself that also has more room to accelerate for even bigger increase of power.

So worse case scenario, the bigger body punches as fast and as strong as the small one, best case scenario it hits according to the increase of size.

Now imagine running ... no need to pull leg movements there, bigger body is flat speed increase. Now imagine what we hear in the novels so often ... the bigger the weapon, the greater the strength thanks to bigger reach.