the underground fight club lounge [the latest post is the winner] Round 2

Discussion in 'Community Games' started by Gechura, Jun 7, 2016.

1. GonZ555

GonZ555 What i want for christmas is you

Reading List:
    Link
    *bloop*

2. KingOfMangonia

KingOfMangonia [The Progenitor] [The Mango] [Logic]

Reading List:
    Link
    oh god/... i'm finally back
    i was able to replicate back into a human

AliceShiki likes this.
  3. GonZ555

Reading List:
    Link

Pyoo likes this.
  4. Deleted member 41274

Deleted member 41274 Guest

Reading List:
    Link
  5. GonZ555

Reading List:
    Link
    *use bodyswitching jutsu to switch with @L4 *

6. KingOfMangonia

Reading List:
    Link
  7. AliceShiki

AliceShiki 『Ms. Tree』『Magical Girl of Love and Justice』

Reading List:
    Link
    Welcome back! ^^)/

8. 1st Tribulation

1st Tribulation Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    \《◉》/
    {☆_☆}
    (---------)/
    |______|

9. AliceShiki

Reading List:
    Link
    Alright, now try taking a look at the other thousands of titles on NU and see how many other times did this happen.

Oh, and please make sure to take notes of how many translators went through the series that did have someone pick it up from the beginning again.

Don't forget to check the popularity of the series in question, and how many of the translators that worked on it used MTL... Oh, and how consistent was the quality of the translation as the translators change.

If you can tell me something similar to this happened to any of the series currently translated by Wuxiadream, than maybe there might be a chance of someone picking it up again from the scratch... And considering that their translation isn't MTL, but actual translations, and that they got a new editor recently... I guess you can arrive to a conclusion to how likely it is for a series they translate to be picked up by someone else is.

10. KingOfMangonia

Reading List:
    Link
    Don't forget to mention konjiki no wordmaster

11. AliceShiki

Reading List:
    Link
    Oh, I didn't know of that one... I guess we have 2 novels that fit the category already! \(^^)/

Seems like it's quite a promising result, I can feel the other novels that were already translated being retranslated now!!!!

12. KingOfMangonia

Reading List:
    Link
    Wait i think i am confused about this coversation... the thing about konjiki is that like 20 translators tried to translate it but for various reasons it always got dropped... to the point wherepeople were calling it a cursed novel

13. AliceShiki

Reading List:
    Link
    *nod nod* It's exactly what I meant.

Well, you probably lost a bit of the context because it is in another thread... I just wanted to stop hijacking, so I replied here.

Some random person said that they were waiting until [insert novel name that I forgot here] was translated again by someone that is not Wuxiadream... And I wished them good luck in hoping that someone would retranslate a novel that is already being translated.

Then @Ral linked AWE as a show of an example of novel that was retranslated... As if a novel that went through 20 translators, including MTLs, and that had tons of inconsistencies among the translators, is a good example of a novel being retranslated from the beginning... >.>

Then I made this answer you saw here, and so, here we are!

14. AliceShiki

Reading List:
    Link
    *grumbles about the like limit*

15. Ral

Ral Not a Well-Known Member ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Reading List:
    Link
    He was talking about Douluo Dalu 2.5, but he set it as an example.
    I understood his post like this:
    The reason I don't want to ignore bunch of series that currently have crappy translations is that I'm hoping some of them (being actually good novels) might get better translations in the future. I'd rather block the translator, not the series.

Your reply, in the meanwhile, seemed rather sarcastic and made it sound like there was no way any novel would ever get retranslated. So I pointed out an obvious example. Obvious, because although I still consider myself a newbie in regards to webnovels, it came to me immediately. And I'm not even reading AWE yet (I'm waiting for more releases).
    Besides, since you didn't originally write anything about dropped novels with multiple translators not counting, I'm not sure why you're... now basically making excuses to make sure you're in the right...

Anyway, I wasn't gonna look to see if there were any examples meeting your criteria 'cause I'm way too lazy to do that.
    But it hasn't even been a week and a series came to me on its own: Lord of All Realms
    It's been abandoned for awhile, but it has only had one translator in the past (I think) and it's been picked up from the beginning due too poor quality of original releases.

I'll make sure to come back to this in a few more months, when WW picks up yet another series meeting the criteria. Cool?

16. AliceShiki

Reading List:
    Link
    Yep, I was being sarcastic, because it's ridiculously rare for novels to get retranslated from the start, everyone knows it happens, but it's not something you can count on, it depends a huge lot on your luck.

Aside from AWE and this one you mentioned, the only 2 others I have ever heard about being translated again from the start were Kumo Desu Ga and Kenkyo. I'm sure there are others out there if you search well enough, but I'm pretty sure they aren't even 5% of the novels in NU... I wouldn't be surprised if it wasn't even 1% actually.

So... Putting your hopes that someone will pick it up again from the start is... Not the wisest of moves... >.>

17. Ral

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm aware that the amount of novels that gets retranslated will be minuscule, but just because something is unlikely to happen, doesn't mean we should give up on it entirely.
    Who knows how the constantly growing webnovel "market" will look in the future? I'm not sure if there are MTLs of Qidian series, but I doubt QI would bring those to their site - they'd have to retranslate, if they ever plan on charging people for the translations.

18. AliceShiki

Reading List:
    Link
    Qidian needs a minimum of professionalism with their work, it's pretty obvious they wouldn't accept MTL.

AFAIK, Wuxiadream is already part of Qidian's team though, so... Tough luck for wanting their novels retranslated. *shrugs*

19. Ral

Reading List:
    Link
    @brasca123 seems like that random is at it again ^^; Looks like he even made a new thread about it, but that got merged into the old one xD

AliceShiki likes this.
  20. AliceShiki

Reading List:
    Link
    Yep, saw it... I was about to link the old thread to his suggestion, but then I noticed that it was the same person making the thread... So I decided to simply leave it be. xP

Ral likes this.