Chinese Things From Another World 异界那些事儿

Discussion in 'Novel Pickup Request' started by Cabman11, Feb 21, 2017.

1. Cabman11

Cabman11 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    [​IMG]
    Name
    : Outsider of those things. / Outside of those things./ Things From Another World (correct me if I'm wrong)
    异界那些事儿
    異界那些事兒

Raw Link:
    http://m.qidian.com/book/3660580
    http://m.69shu.com/txt/25088.htm
    http://www.piaotian.com/html/7/7770/

NU Link
    Why It Should Get Picked Up
    : it's super fun. Really really fun
    Description
    无冕之王,霸道领主,全能天才,炼金宗师,妇女之友,天然小白脸…… 唐恩有很多种称号,而最让人们津津乐道的,却是“拔旗狂魔”这个称号。 精灵女王想给他生孩子,教廷圣女是他的女仆,帝国公主要和他私奔,而他,却妄想着推倒创世神!

--Uncrowned king, overbearing lord, all-powerful genius, alchemist master, friend of all women, natural gigolo, pretty boy, Lolicon, that damn enviable bastard.....Tang En(or Dunn) has a lot of titles, and the most people talk about, is his "mad flag breaker" title.

The queen of the elves wants to birth his child, The Holy churches saint is his maid, he eloped with the Empires princess, and he, dreams of tearing down the creations of the Gods--

__________ ( second synopsis)___________
    "Science is the first productive force, magic is the first driving force, when science and magic intertwined ... ... bang, I have come to save the world"

"Iron Man? wrong! That is a magic power armor!"
    "Sniper rifle? wrong! That is a magic railgun!"
    "Internet? wrong! That is a artificial intelligence magic net! "
    "RPG?" ... ... uh, that is really just an RPG."

My sister, don't get me wrong, I can't do everything manually.
    Do you really think this Lord is innocent?

Although we don't get to find out until a little later, (200+) MC was summoned ( kidnapped) by the Gods of the world known as prandale to help save the world. Because in the past there has been 2 Great wars of Chaos and the world has been invaded twice and it's going to be invaded the third time. And the gods literally cannot do anything. Not because they're weak but because of the power affinity. If they actually showed up on the ground like they did in the first war it will only make the chaos even stronger.
    So for the second chaos War they didn't show up but they still managed to win by a margin. They can't afford a third time.

So they summoned (kidnapped) an other worlder.

(Just to be clear both the good and the evil gods are against chaos because even if they are evil they are still evil order. Chaos is something entirely alien to their world and destroys all indiscriminately weather good or evil.)

Anyway so all the gods of that world both good and evil came together and created a body for him so fucking perfect and broken it's unbelievable.... with some side effects.
    Simply he's the demigod Bastard child of all the gods.

And knowing MC can't do it alone he's giving basically 2 missions. One official and one unofficial

The first mission is to raise the total power level of the planet. Meaning unite the races (by force if he has to) and raise the overall technological level.
    And that he does by going full magic science combination. (aka Mass producing legendary weapons in factories)

His second unofficial Mission is....well, it's un official because no one has told him but it's pretty glaringly obvious.
    It has to do with an unintended side effect of his perfect body. In that being that it has a very strong effect on females from all Races
    Yes that's right, he has to have kids. Lots of kids.

And the great Queens of the different races would force the seed out of a him even if they have to rape him. ( cough cough elf queen and dark elf queen cough Naga Queen cough cough)

Overall good series. Lots of action, lots of Comedy, lots of technological development.
    Plus a very fun overpowered but not-power crazy and non-murderous-psycho MC

Although its a Chinese novel, this is probably my absolute favorite Chinese novel.

Last edited: Feb 21, 2017
  2. godofabc

godofabc Member

Reading List:
    Link
    wow, this seems like a good read.
    异界那些事儿 translates to : Those stuffs from an Alternate World / Alternate World Stuffs (AWS) depending on what the TL fancies

Onelifeonelove and Cupcake Ninja like this.
  3. Moongod

Moongod Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Looks nice

4. Detrolord

Detrolord Regular Pervert Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Interesting somebody pls translate

5. DSKM

DSKM The Demonic Angel (Ko's Twin)

Reading List:
    Link
    Leaving a message so I won't forget it seem very interesting.
    P.S. is it Ongoing or Complete

6. Cabman11

Reading List:
    Link
    Ongoing still. 900+ chapters. two new chapters a day
    And doesn't look like it's not going to end anytime soon.
    Everything still feels only halfway there. We still haven't even started the third war yet.

Wujigege likes this.
  7. Solracmar

Solracmar Zzzzzzz

Reading List:
    Link
    Looking forward to it. I think I am going to Peak at the raws.

8. Cabman11

Reading List:
    Link
    So a good translation would be, Things From Another World?

9. Cupcake Ninja

Cupcake Ninja [Kind Sage][Lord Benevolence][ The Great Paragon]

Reading List:
    Link
    okay this seems like it'd be pretty great. I read the spoiler, and...like, how much is magic and technology combined? And in what ways? That all i wann be spoiled with for now. Ahem, but yeah, you should post this on reddit too cuz it seems totes interesting.

Astaroth likes this.
  10. orensan

orensan Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    different peak you're thinking about, peek

11. Cabman11

Reading List:
    Link
    Although we still not high-level yet, he's starting from the very bottom. Industry and agriculture. First he creates Farming tools and combine Harvesters, and all those great machines. His goal is to make a hybrid type civilization. It's not really a magic civilization or a science civilization. It's a magic technology Civilization.

He doesn't know for shit how to make earth stuff but he can imitate Earth stuff.
    Basically, I don't know the inner workings but I can imitate it with magic. The ends justify the means,

So far he's succeeded in creating Farming tools, motorcycle, flying cars, He succeeded in creating a highway, cell phone, fax machine, weapons, warp gate Network, spell guns( more like magic wands rather than guns) a magic scientific looking City, battleships, missiles that contain magic spells.

But fundamentally the three things that manage to get everything going for him are the most important for industry in general.

One is the 'stamp machine' this was probably his greatest invention. Without it he can't mass-produce magic items. It works by how you think, stamping Magic runes.

The second would be the 'magic engine' being the most important for all his heavy machinery.

And the third, is a miniaturised magic array, AKA The Magic chip.

Actually just that's how some tools are important for industry the progression of civilization on Modern Earth, he made important industry magic tools for the progression of magic civilization.

An it's not like he does everything alone. There plenty of legendary Masters all over the world and extremely smart people that learn and adapt extremely quickly and work for him to create stuff. AKA R&D

Onelifeonelove likes this.
  12. godofabc

godofabc Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Things from another world would be pretty good, but the word "things", can be debatable:

The hint in the title may be that it's a term from the MC itself, he's describing events from an alt world

This may differ from tl to tl, but there's a large selection of words to use : things stuffs, events, happenings

Astaroth likes this.
  13. godofabc

godofabc Member

Reading List:
    Link
    P/N: I chose stuff, as it's a vague mix of things and happenings

14. akki

akki [Ani's C☕ffee-mate #3] [Shady Merchant]

Reading List:
    Link
    Looks like it could be a fun read~ hope it gets picked up. Good luck!

15. Cabman11

Reading List:
    Link
    ^^Well thanks. I also thanks to whoever decides to translate this if they do.( if no one does I guess I'll try. But don't trust me)

Anyway this truly is a fun read.

One of my favorite part was him spamming legendary magic.
    Legendary magic, if usually it is a once every 10 days type of thing. And those legendary Mages can only launch that once every 10 days. .....He fired off over a hundred like it was a machine gun in under a minute

16. Astaroth

Astaroth empty

Reading List:
    Link
    One question, is he an otaku from earth?

And if he is, even though he's meant to introduce science and save their planet, why did the gods choose a good for nothing instead of some kind of scientist from CERN or w/e?

Disregard that if it turns out he's not an otaku or w/e.

And nice to finally see some of the aspects of fighting against the invaders taking priority over internal conflict, but I hope that the "good" and "evil" aren't suddenly all buddy buddy with each other just because outsiders invading.

This part "Meaning unite the races (by force if he has to)" suggests that, but I hope there's still some kind of other factions even after the MC unify the entire world to become the supreme emperor or whatever.

17. seojustin

seojustin Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    seems like a good read, though this will probably one of those stories where it would be more fun to binge read

Onelifeonelove and Astaroth like this.
  18. Cabman11

Reading List:
    Link
    Very good question. And even he asked the gods that question
    Actually there's a reason for that. If I have to spoil then I'll say something like, the gods didn't chose him to save save the world, he chose to save the world.

And it's not just for science. MC chose to use science To the best of his abilities

the gods set up a VR MMO imitating their world with items and everything. And it was something specific in the game that would choose the perfect person.

Basically there is an item known as "the will of the world" it is a branch looking stick and also the most powerful weapon on the planet. It is essentially the embodiment of the total consciousness of the planet. And can transform into anything he wants. Whether sword or staff or magic wand.

He was chosen by the will of the world not the gods themselves. And he also accepted it unconsciously and is the only person capable of wielding the will of the world.
    Whilst he holds that thing in his hand he has both the authority to save the world and destroy it and also the power and authority to lay judgment upon any God ( of course not without a fight) and judgment upon those who threatened the world itself

Onelifeonelove and Astaroth like this.
  19. Cabman11

Reading List:
    Link
    Also the question of whether the good and the evil gods are buddy buddy- although they disagree they aren't exactly at each other's throats constantly.

The main true Gods already decided not to cause any problems. It's the demigods and cocky mortals and legends that are usually causing problems or siding with chaos.
    Especially since the gods didn't show up for the second World War. A lot of mortals and demigods are getting cocky saying the gods are dead or the gods can't do anything

It's not like the evil gods are hard evil. They're still members of the world. And want prosperity for their individual race.

Heck even the dark goddess is friends with the goddess of nature. And the so-called most evil goddess of disaster and all that is wrong in the world, might not actually be total evil but just a little misunderstood and lonly

ForumObserver, Solracmar and Astaroth like this.
  20. pukeofhurl

pukeofhurl The Philosopher

Reading List:
    Link
    leaving my presence here to remember