Discussion Three Lives Three Worlds - The Pillow Book

Discussion in 'Novel Discussion' started by BunnyPillow, Mar 8, 2017.

1. BunnyPillow

BunnyPillow Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I first stumbled across this novel when I was bored, and just decided to watch a random drama. The drama (3 Lives 3 World - Ten Miles of Peach Blossoms) was based on a Chinese novel by Tang Qi Gong Zi. I didn't really think I would like it but then I just kept on getting hooked more and more. Before I knew it I finished the whole entire drama series... ( :cry: My life is so empty now) It totally went off my head that it was based on a novel. I didn't know there was a second book either so I decided to read that one! And that's where we are beginning.

The pillow book is the second novel from 3 Lives 3 Worlds - Ten Miles of Peach Blossoms, it's a spin off from the supporting characters in the first novel. (You should really read the first novel before reading the second, you might get a bit confused with the names (y)) I was SUPER excited because this novel focused on my main ship. Bai Feng Jiu X Dong Hua Dijun, little did I know that it'd just keep on breaking my heart over and over with endless tears. :cry::cry::cry: IT'S SUCH A BEAUTIFUL NOVELLLLL! </3 ;~;

If you haven't already read this novel, I really recommend it. It kinda tore my heart out and made me cry a lot but it's a really REALLY touching novel. If you don't feel like reading (Wow, you don't feel like reading huh?) there's always the drama you can watch, its quite enjoyable too! :love: You can watch the drama here!

P.S. The drama doesn't have english subs all the way through, I believe it was up to Episode 40 or 41. I was just able to finish watching it since I kinda (not really) understand chinese. >.>
    But ha! Read the novel too instead of just watching the drama!!!

Also for some weird reason Novel Updates doesn't have the entire novel and I tried so hard (not really :whistle:) to find the whole entire novel! Just for you guys! (Yea... I kinda just googled it, but you know what! Don't mind the small stuff!)
    Here's the link to novel itself!

Book 1:

The start of another one of Tang Qi Gong Zi’s tale of a past life and present life.

If persistentness in the end will still be in vain, who would use up this life to entirety, only to watch over an untouchable love?

If a persistant attraction of more than two thousand years, is to be put down right now, to be cut off, would there be tears to be poured?

Even if honored with the status of a God, Dong Hua would still perish like features.

Even as the female monarch of Qing Qiu, Feng Jiu would still fade away in time.

Although what is unknown, is that when wind and clouds are gone, when he is still walking through never ending years and ages, and occasionally brushing past her, this once legacy making God, would he still be able to remember, from his former days, that little red fox with a patch of snowy white fur on her forehead that had once rested between his sleeves.

That commanding Queen of Qing Qiu of ancient times from the deity clan, whether she can still remember he plucked a strand of Fuling flowers for her in the bygone era.

Book 2:

Two thousand years of obsessions, but in exchange for many missed opportunities in love.

If ultimately we have no chance to be together, so why let us meet each other in this life, a glance a million years?

In the middle of a foggy dream, one walks through whose shadow, destroys whose yearning, and buries whose current life and past life?

“Emperor (Di) and concubine (Ji) who are floating ups and downs in the dream land, what do you really want?”

“All I seek in this lifetime, is merely that he can see my shadow in his eyes.”

There is a saying that the feeling is deep but the fate is shallow. She is the one with deep feeling but her fate with Dong Hua is shallow.

There is a word called unfortunate. She is unfortunate so she met him. He is also unfortunate so he missed her.

“He is very good. Just that he and I have no fate to be together.”

“So what if the Mandate of Heaven says we are destinated to be together or not destinated to be together? As the King, I have never fear the Mandate of Heaven and also do not need any handout from the Mandate of Heaven.”

How does the Mandate of Heaven determine our predestined relationship? One person’s doubt, everyone get caught in a vortex.

I don't know if there's a 3rd volume or not!! D: Anybody know??

Last edited: Mar 8, 2017
    sharlnina, NeoUsui and Nargol like this.
  2. ChocolateCosmos

ChocolateCosmos Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    There's no third volume. It ends where it ended. Not a fan of the ending >.>

3. BunnyPillow

Reading List:
    Link
    <.<
    Hahahaha I feel ya
    ;~;
    The author's so cruel

ChocolateCosmos likes this.
  4. dundun

dundun Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I'd love tooo! Unfortunately I cannot read Chinese! Ugh.. my second fav shipping!

5. BunnyPillow

Reading List:
    Link
    Nargol likes this.
  6. dundun

dundun Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    My God! You mean it's not happy ending?

7. BunnyPillow

Reading List:
    Link
    ~_~
    You gotta read the novel to find out!!
    But seriously I swear the author is just toying with our heart.
    >_<

8. dundun

dundun Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
  9. dundun

dundun Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm afraid my little heart cannot bear it! What to do~

Nargol likes this.
  10. NeoUsui

NeoUsui [Melon Lord] [Unrivaled Super Hottie]

Reading List:
    Link
    Hey~! Now this sounds interesting. I would love to watch the drama series, but, the boundary of Language just seems so far out of my reach. So I might only watch couple of episodes then pray to Goddess of Literature and/or Goddess of Speech and/or Goddess of language (IDK if they are actually exist) so they could either sub the episodes and/or make me miraculously able to understand chinesse.

Anyway, I should thank you for the recommendation. I would certainly read this novel. I'm the seeker of true love so this might me a good piece for me to read. ^^

#BestQuoteofTheDay

11. BunnyPillow

Reading List:
    Link
    I can't say that the title didn't really help in drawing me in
    <.<
    It did
    >.>
    Pillows ftw!!

Nargol likes this.
  12. BunnyPillow

Reading List:
    Link
    Make sure you have some tissues on hand later!!
    It's
    Gonna
    Make
    Ya
    Cry
    :cry:

Have fun!!

Nargol likes this.
  13. Shem

Shem ┃ᐕ) ⁾⁾「Lv 69 BL Hunter」☆ Vrelty's Seme ♤♡ ꪋς꧖ ☆

Reading List:
    Link
    I thought that this was deleted due to plagiarism issue? Q.Q

14. Doomr

Doomr Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I got excited when I read your title and thought you were talking about The Pillow Book by Sei Shōnagon. :(

15. BunnyPillow

Reading List:
    Link
    :O
    Eh
    Um
    Hmm, I dunno
    Are you talking about hamster's translations? You can still read it, you gotta download it, but you can still read it ^^

16. BunnyPillow

Reading List:
    Link
    :O
    Sounds interesting! Lolol
    But you should still be excited!! This novel is a work of art! :X3:

17. Doomr

Doomr Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I think I'll stick with my classical literature. Lol

18. Shem

Shem ┃ᐕ) ⁾⁾「Lv 69 BL Hunter」☆ Vrelty's Seme ♤♡ ꪋς꧖ ☆

Reading List:
    Link
    What I was looking forward to is the chapters after chapter 18(?) but unfortunately, they won't be translating it anymore...

Or I think someone is going to pick this up?

19. BunnyPillow

Reading List:
    Link
  20. Deleted member 41274

Deleted member 41274 Guest

Reading List:
    Link
    Looks at name of title of the novel:
    'Three Lives Three Worlds - The Pillow Book'
    Looks at name of user:
    ' @Bunnypillow '