LCD Transcending the Nine Heavens

Discussion in 'Latest Chapter Discussion' started by Parth37955, Dec 3, 2015.

1. Anon Ymous

Anon Ymous Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    hmmm...
    somehow ns translation is too kranky, something is not right, doesn't flow nicely

BarriaKarl and Boon like this.
  2. Odyssey

Odyssey Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    after getting caught up, have to say, perception and timing is everything when it comes to the characters relationships. I mean the Mo father-daughter. She gets told by someone she trust not to tell what CY looks like and shortly after daddy comes a knocking. It wasn't like he wanted to kill CY but want some solid proof to maybe change shit with the Clan Elders. Or the whole he pulled back when he say her tremble. He didn't hug her cause he no longer liked her, he held back cause he was a bit ashamed at what he has done. Hell if he had hugged her it would have made things better but he took the action that got perceived the wrong way.

3. pothb

pothb Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    There is that, but she still suffered all the same, remember that there was an alternate timeline that wasn't better. Hell, if anything, it was the fact that he suspect that she still has a use that he still maybe cares.

4. MangoGuy

MangoGuy Rambling Mango

Reading List:
    Link
    I think I will read NS translation from 300 onwards and come to a decision.If not satisfied..then this might be the first thing I lnmtl~~

Boon likes this.
  5. Anon Ymous

Anon Ymous Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    can't blame the little girl, it's still good if they ignore her, but they keep making things harder for her
    so she distrust them

6. Ishmael

Ishmael 『Night Owl』『Butler』『Traveller』

Reading List:
    Link
    Children are sensitive and they left a permanent scar on her T_T~

7. Odyssey

Odyssey Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    not saying anyone is right or wrong here just timing sucks. Take the hairpin, she says [forget who] gave it to her. well that's not a lie but its not the whole truth and daddy knows this. So he punishes her for lying to him, but she views it [in the long stream of events] as now being imprisoned just because. Wasn't like daddy did it cause he was mad, he did it cause his 9-10 yr old daughter lied to his face, so he exercised parental discipline.

But I cant wait til the Elder and the older bro get their dues for the whole saber issue

8. Ishmael

Ishmael 『Night Owl』『Butler』『Traveller』

Reading List:
    Link
    Can´t wait for them to burn heheheh...he~

9. Dedition

Dedition Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Your logic is a bit weak there due to how no one should expect her to understand the value of the hairpin. Remember, she's just a little kid. If someone gave your kid an extremely expensive item through a schoolteacher, would you be surprised if the original person had their identity kept secret? Unless they're willing to be seen as a pedo or something, they wouldn't disclose their identity. The dad's reasoning for imprisoning his daughter was extremely forced & that's putting it very lightly. Do remember, the ONLY thing he's riding on is speculation. He only wants to contact CY for his own benefits and perhaps eliminate him if he feels that's within benefits as well. His daughter only fits within the equation as a source of information in his mind. And once again, this is only him speculating that she knows something. Pure speculation that his low self-esteem, depressed daughter MIGHT know something. Whilst he's right, only we know that.

He's an idiot for continuously pushing her far away from him and actively looking for reasons/excuses to do so.

Imagine if your daughter was talented at playing the piano then the next day you hear that both her hands have broken and she'll never play again. If you immediately stop showing her any love, affection, make her live in a guest bedroom and tell all her siblings to not show as much affection, because you think it will be a detriment to her mental state if she still feels loved now that she has lost her talent, then you've failed as a parent and arguably as a human to be honest.

This is way beyond some simple 'parental discipline'. This is equal to the evil stepmother kind of response.

Anyways, rant over. Those were just my two cents on the matter.

10. Alex Crimson

Alex Crimson Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I can understand the fathers actions. He is the clan head. All his actions must benefit the clan, even over his own direct family. His daughter is a cripple. There is no reason to give her any precious resources, training, or that godlike saber. It would all be wasted. Its shitty to take away her saber, but i can understand his reasoning. He is an idiot, because he completely ignored Mo Ji Tian(that his sons name? i forget) warning him that the saber was a gift from a very strong person. Still, he is trying to work out who that person is, and what can be done about the situation, to benefit the clan.

THAT SAID! I cannot justify his actions. Consoling your daughter will not result in the death of your clan. It hurts nobody if you show some damn emotion and give her a hug, or let her stay with her mother(i think at one point they were going to just throw her into a shack in the outer courtyard, right? Eventually compromising on letting her stay with her mother). There is no reason to treat her like complete shit. Even if she can no longer be an amazing martial artist, she is still a human and your daughter.

I sincerely hope justice is served in the future. I hope those shitty Mo clan bastards get murdered. I hope that horrible brother is revealed as a terrible person and sentenced to death. I hope the main character quickly comes to middle heaven and takes the poor girl away after healing her.

BarriaKarl likes this.
  11. pothb

pothb Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The whole hairpin thing is after a series of theft that her parents stole from her and open disdain. On top of that, someone she trust and havent stole from her told her that someone she viewed as important might be killed if her parents, who she knows only valued her due to her previous condition and now no longer cares because it's gone, find out.

12. BlackBlade

BlackBlade Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The dude only remembered that his daughter existed because outsiders were showing up, asking to see her and giving her gifts. Complete failure as a parent.

BarriaKarl and Pretender like this.
  13. Nargol

Nargol Evangelist. Candy-san. Pope of the Cult of Pyoo

Reading List:
    Link
    Chapter 319...

What the fuck happened? This chapter is so completely out of place. Did the author have a stroke while writing it?

How did the novel go from being fine, to complete trash in one chapter?

Chu Yang is acting completely out of character raging like a little child; he answers the sword spirits provocation by immediately finding young master Yu and challenging him to a fight in the most slapdash manner I've ever seen.

The dialogue is stilted, the sequence of events illogical, and even the personalities of young master Yu and Chu Yang seem to have changed dramatically.

what the fuck?

BarriaKarl likes this.
  14. Okuri Ookami

Okuri Ookami 'Chi Chi Chi' calls the Sparrow

Reading List:
    Link
    Ah... I've caught up to the latest releases not to long ago and have given the newest translator some time to prove the naysayers wrong but... the TL quality doesn't seem all that great especially against the 1st TL, this is the 4th translator for the series and even though I didn't read the 2nd translator and only a few chapters from the 3rd I can feel that this newest TL isn't great in comparison.

That aside the TL quality doesn't really take all that much from the overall feel of the series. The series great points still stand out brilliantly. For instance the latest chapter the comedic tones couldn't be overcast by the many brackets and subpar quality of the text.

I enjoyed the latest chapter very much lol "A master for a day a father for a life time" as they say. I can understand why Young Master Yu was upset the man basically called himself YMY's forth daddy.:ROFLMAO:

Boon likes this.
  15. Rule71

Rule71 .....

Reading List:
    Link
    their have been 3 translators tho, not 4, walkinthejianghu, translation nation and novelsaga i think?

16. Pretender

Pretender <{Vanquisher}> {(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻}

Reading List:
    Link
    There was one before walkthejianghu, I think.

17. Okuri Ookami

Okuri Ookami 'Chi Chi Chi' calls the Sparrow

Reading List:
    Link
    No its 4 total. Walkthejianghu, novelsaga (they didn't do a lot of chapters because the TL wasn't caught up on the series), translation nation, (TN took over because they felt as their TL was caught up on the series it'd be better for them to TL for faster releases) and the current TL who is from novel&chill (I'm pretty sure they are using MTL)

18. michealsho

michealsho Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    It was nightbreeze then walkthejianghu. After that Translation Nation and Novels Saga fought over. Translation Nation won the battle, but lost the war. Novel Saga was contracted to translate TTNH by Qidian, so the current translator is Novel Saga. I don't know where you got Novel&Chill from. I thought there were a Korean translation group.

Senros and Okuri Ookami like this.
  19. Rule71

Rule71 .....

Reading List:
    Link
    oh yeah i remember, the early odd chapters weren't from walkthejuanghu

20. Wise old fisher

Wise old fisher [I am not a potato] [Chorus heresy]

Reading List:
    Link
    Lol what happened to the poster? Did he change role to a mage?