LCD Tsuki ga Michibiku Isekai Douchuu

Discussion in 'Latest Chapter Discussion' started by Parth37955, Jan 7, 2016.

1. moridin84

moridin84 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    There are also the Swords of the Goddess.

Anyways, if it was that easy to "destroy the major powers" then why the heck do they have armies?

Paps likes this.
  2. Much Much mrm

Much Much mrm Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The demon king is powerful enough to take on both heroes, so what would hinder him, if he were to attack one of the major powers? He would kill to his hearts content until the capital is in ruins. Then the demon army could move in and sweep away all the other towns and cities.

The demon king can't do that now but he could have done so from the start, either when the heroes arrived or before.

Whether it's before the heroes or after, if a country receives such a shock; their key figures killed in their own capital. The country falls within a night and survivors would run to other countries for refuge but to their surprise, Limia would be experiencing the same tragedy.

In one simple night the could have taken a huge advantage just after the heroes arrived or before. The only reason I brought this up is because gorilla warfare or whatever other methods from the start was just a way of them seeing the other side's cards and not attacking while Limia's capital is in ruins shows just how much confidence the demons have in their next attack which could very well be their last.

3. moridin84

moridin84 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Remember when the demon's attacked Lima's capital and Hibiki? It was a small task force because they needed to sneak into enemy lines, it was considered really dangerous. The plan was to retreat afterward but all the members were prepared to die.

This task focus included a demon general which they KNEW was stronger than Hibiki. They were also distracting Tomoki so they didn't have to worry about him interfering.Thus the demon general attacking Lima's capital and the demon king attacking Limia's capital should be similar things.

What I'm trying to say is that the story doesn't seem to think that the demon king could just mosey over the Empire's or Lima's capital and start killing things until the country collapses.

Solracmar and Paps like this.
  4. Paps

Paps Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Besides there is also the logistic of deploying troops, the trick they did to reach Limia undisturbed migth wor once but not twice, giving how hard those figth would be for the armys. Beside why would the demons risk a their pillar of strengh in an unnecesary direct confrontation, a loose arrow could end the demon King life if he is not aware and the battlefield could be cahotic (not sure if its well writed) enough for that to happen.

5. Much Much mrm

Reading List:
    Link
    Scenario 1
    Firstly, if the demons just sent people to assassinate the heroes then the story would have been different. Of course that cockroach Tomoki would have survived a-little longer since the assassins would get charmed and it would take some time for the demons to know and even then they would have to launch a sneak attack with their army since the assassination won't work twice.

Of course nobody would take this route since who would have imagined that the goddess would bring two humans that were weak and needed to get stronger this late in the war and moving to assassinate them early on with demon general would have been risky. And the first time they met Hibiki confirmed that they should have moved much sooner, then they attempted to kill the most dangerous of the both TWICE, even went as far as invading her country TWICE.

Scenario 2
    If they used the same methods of sneaking in with their army like they did before, then both countries would fall and this is before the heroes. After the heroes; Hibiki would have died since Makoto could not interfere due to it being too early and Tomoki would have died a-little down the road, because Sophia would have left him alive but in the end the demon king would personally interfere to finish off Tomoki.

If the demons took this route then the whole world would go up in flames just like all the other alternate worlds. Which shows just how capable the goddess is in managing this doomed world.

6. Paps

Paps Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Well you have to consider information gathering, wich takes time, logistics that invation that they pulled should have taken a lot of time to plan rigth, and they used the divertion in the Academy town to managed that. Even if they wanted to send the DK to the heroes as soon as they got there, they didn't had the extra resources to do so.

7. CountryMage

CountryMage [XSanguine8] not my blood...

Reading List:
    Link
    The demons had infiltrators in the major world powers already to gather info, the Grittonia ones were probably charmed, so they couldn't trust anything coming from there, and probably had to change any plans they were aware of.

The plan to sack Limia and harass Grittonia only really worked because the demons were able to isolate all the top officials of the various hyuman powers, and cut off communications between the armed forces. This needed quite a bit of resources and careful planning, but they might have been able to pull off a similar diversion, at the school tournament the year before the heroes got there.

8. Much Much mrm

Reading List:
    Link

I understand a-lot of resources when in to attacking both major powers but thinking of individual power... Lo could have come at the starting stages and go on a rampage. He could visit one of the major powers, along with suicidal subordinates and in the end Hibiki or Tomoki would die, along with some noble and royalty and some soldiers (elite), of course this could only work once and I doubt he would escape without life threatening injuries or be able to use the same tactic twice but it would still be favorable to the demons since they could launch an attack with a decent size army and the defending army to their surprise find out, there are enemies within their border and not only that, their key figures are being slaughtered... in the end their morale drops. In this scenario, it's obvious that they would attack Limia and you think Gritonia would come over? Even when they find out the demon's main army are showing movement? No. The other countries would try to match Gritonia's pace and mobilize their forces but whether or not the come, it would take a long time and by that time, the demons would have pillaged and killed to their hearts content. After that hyumans would go nearly extinct within a few years.

That is a better plan than what they came up with before, because of the existence of the devil, the should have known that sticking their fingers in one too many countries might alert, such a person or even BUG really quickly. Then the best course of action would have been to do a sneak attack on one country and attack like hell. Than cause a wide scale interference and hope that they didn't alert figures like the devil.

If the devil you fear is in one the many neighborhoods nearby then selecting one, rather than 2 more will have a higher chance of awaking/alerting him.

9. CockyBrat

CockyBrat Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Forget the demon king himself. Aside from the heroes the hyumans have no real fighting force against the generals or the dragon duo. They could just tell Sofia to obliterate Limia and Gritonia and she would be done in 1-2 days. She even toyed with Gritonias elite forces (probably valkyries) and the hero party.
    Like she said soldiers are not worth mentioning and only serve as canon fodder and there is till the last chapter no hyuman capable of fighting Sofia.
    Though I don´t know if the Goddess would send her swords in that situation. She did prefer Makoto the first 2 times.

Last edited: Jul 24, 2017
  10. CockyBrat

CockyBrat Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Chapter 99: “I am in the side that’s against racial discrimination. [...], as long as they can exchange their thoughts it isn’t any different from a person after all” (Makoto)

Chapter 254: “By the way, lately, I have been able to kind of understand things like trees and stones. Haha, after all this time, this really does trouble me.” (Raidou)

Is this how Greenpeace gets founded ?

CountryMage likes this.
  11. Ahiru

Ahiru Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    lol haha Greenpeace in another world

12. lexlangel

lexlangel Shem's lost butler

Reading List:
    Link
    Erm putting all shortly demons D idnt attack before cuz T hey are fighting a goddes. Preparations against a goddes cant be done so easilly. And as someone Said if T hey atacked before bug would have acted before... same history

13. SquirFail

SquirFail The One Who Forgets, Dreamer, Observer

Reading List:
    Link
    Are we all still doing this, I mean arguing and stuff

14. lexlangel

lexlangel Shem's lost butler

Reading List:
    Link
    Eeeh u ntil the next ch is a Good time to clear doubts so.. it aint that bad? Anyway There was nothing offensive

15. Neiri

Neiri Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    These days, it is easy to offend people.

16. defry

defry Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Sigh, I read the replies I got from the heated debate. (sorry for the late reply) Actually, I love the arguments and exploring different perspectives but I refrained from replying because it is too much!

I got lazy, to reply properly... it can take more than an hour and it is so tempting as I love debating and I seen certain parts that I can't help think otherwise. I am in a pickle, stuck between the addiction of heated debates and lazy thinking it would be hours replying properly. Argh, it is like I have 20 killos of chocolate and I know eating is delicious but I don't want it to become a chore.

kenar, Hokoga and CountryMage like this.
  17. defry

defry Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Actually, Makoto felt sympathy multiple times to hyumans. Makoto at the start did feel sympathy... such as the Rembrand family, Toa and her sister.
    Makoto started to warp his mentality and become "racist" because what he seen in the first town, with all the experiments and the rich eating and talking about the gruesome things they did.
    After that, the death and injury of the mini-Tomoe increased his skewed view point on hyumans. So, Makoto does sympathize with the hyumans at the start but as it went further on, he hated them more and more. He is unconsciously also reading people and in a way, makes a mental block to avoid hyumans. I think that what happened in the Limia kingdom... there is no way that Makoto did not feel the hostility of the nobles there and their hidden actions and motives but he treated them like objects or like they never existed. So, Makoto's racism or discrimination built on as further the story went... well, he did eventually realize his racism.

Paps, kenar, Z35T and 1 other person like this.
  18. CountryMage

CountryMage [XSanguine8] not my blood...

Reading List:
    Link
    I don't think it ever reached a hate, not even for Sofia, and she kept trying to kill him, not the Bug either. I think the rest of the Hyumans were starting to look like a bunch of weirdoes and bugs to him, though, their eating preferences are very weird to him, and some annoying bugs just need to be swatted.

Paps and kenar like this.
  19. Z35T

Z35T Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Except he was entirely within his role in his conversation with Jin. Lets not forget that those bandages were there mostly as restraints rather than as bandages, and that Raidou, as Jin's teacher, always showed an extreme form of tough-love to his students (though maybe not from his perspective). Makoto acted well within his role as Jin's employer/teacher by scolding him harshly, and quite frankly Jin deserved it. He got himself killed and didn't even realize it. It's part of Makoto's role in relation to Jin to make sure he learns how badly he screwed up and make sure he learns from it. In my opinion, Makoto mocking Jin is actually his way of being considerate of him.

I do have to ask about what regret you are talking about, though. I didn't feel like Makoto regretted being hard on Jin, but rather regretted killing the original Sophia since she might have had a relationship with Jin prior to her demise.

I would argue that rather rather than lacking empathy or sympathy, Makoto is just willfully apathetic in regards to what he does not or feels he should not understand- thinking to much about the lives he's taken will only harm him and hinder his moving forward and he's already walking the line of becoming an enemy of the entire world by plotting to bring down Bug. The fact of the matter is he has already given us his opinion about killing people- if they're willing to kill others, he's just as willing to kill them, factors beyond that don't necessarily matter.

lexlangel, Paps, kenar and 2 others like this.
  20. Paps

Paps Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I don't think the demons had the leisure to take that kind of action, that strategy rigth there would most likely end up with Io death at the expense of perhaps the heroes, and some soldiers for the hyamn army, besides that would only work at best at only one nation. The demons would lose more from that action that the hyumans, the demons would lose one of their main pillar of strengh, not counting how mutch it would devilitate Zest faction in the demon nation, so the DK would have to divert more attention to the demon army infigthing that necessary if he lose one of his generals so recklessly.