Warlock of the Magus World

Discussion in 'Novel Discussion' started by Screed, Sep 21, 2016.

1. Screed

Screed Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Is Warlock of the Magus World good. I had read till Chapter 57 but then stopped because the abilities of the MC was kind of dull for me. However I read many people complimenting it and so I want to ask whether it becomes better. Does he become more OP and does he get better abilities. I have no problem with a cruel MC

2. monk3y4u

monk3y4u Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    It's amazing, he start to rely more on his own power and uses the AI as a backup.

3. oronwe

oronwe Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    He does, not op in the xanxia way (doesn't skip realm when fighting) but still pretty much unrivalled on his level

4. NaM

NaM 『♔ Re dell'appostarsi』(The GentleMaN)

Reading List:
    Link
    Yup, pretty decent and have much more sense if compared to the xuanhuan/Xianxia novels that we usually read.

Screed likes this.
  5. Amplify

Amplify Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    He's getting OP yes certainly, but he has to pretty much tear everything out of the hands of others and play both sides of the field while avoiding constant danger to get anywhere. Once he becomes a level 1 Magus (Warlock) is when he starts to become properly strong.

Screed and Astaroth like this.
  6. Nyarlathotep

Nyarlathotep The laziest and the King of Procrastination

Reading List:
    Link
    Yes he became a warlock, a half mage half mystical animal, fusing himself with the bloodline of a keynomine (whatever) serpent, a rank 3 snake, and has lost spells like eye of petrification, doppelgangers, and use the marked swordman brands on grand knight slaves who can became more powerful than normal level one mages for short periods of time and also explode being able to kill everyone under level 2 magus

Screed likes this.
  7. Nyamsus

Nyamsus Life is full of shit and we live in it

Reading List:
    Link
    basic trope of Xianxia...
    no one in the same rank can beat him....
    he pretty much cold blooded character, friend with benefits? Hell yeah! they just a pawn waiting to be sacrifice

Screed likes this.
  8. BlackBlade

BlackBlade Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The plot is one of the most smartly written of any LN I've ever seen. Currently there is tons of subterfuge, deception, and manipulations going on behind the scenes, not to mention regular battles occurring. Leylin is sort of the James Bond of the cultivation world.

9. Aternus

Aternus Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Hes never felt OP, and while he has a cheat there are better cheats out there so his own strength is still very important. Its important to note that in the beginning he's a very small fish in a very small pond(The place above him though isn't just pulled out of the author's ass like most xuanhuans, its present the whole time he's just not competing in it yet)

His own ability is pretty high and its generally an interesting read that has been getting better and better in recent chapters.

rather more importantly look at the two people who posted for the very first time just to tell you how good it is

Last edited: Sep 21, 2016
  10. BlackBlade

Reading List:
    Link
    MC is powerful? Such a terrible trope you're right. Lets all boycott books with powerful MCs.

Aternus likes this.
  11. Cien

Cien 『Omnivore Reader』Inactive

Reading List:
    Link
    It was like the computer was the MC at the very start, BUT, it DOES get better. Keep reading, its one of my enjoyed series so far

Screed likes this.
  12. Nyamsus

Reading List:
    Link
    then you left me with almost nothing to read except few

13. BlackBlade

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm actually trying to think of a novel where the MC doesn't eventually become powerful but Im having trouble. But to be fair Leylin does repay people who have done him favors or shown him friendship. Like in the latest chapter he helped saved some guy he didn't have to who was getting in the way of his plans, because the guy had done him a small favor in the past.

14. Ebonitacocat

Ebonitacocat Waffles

Reading List:
    Link
    While I wouldn't say it's the smartest written expecially after Dungeon defense started getting translated or even Kumo desu ga Nani ka (I love how all the stuff weaves together later on) I would say that it's written by a light novel author who knows what he's writing has an interesting plot and with out plot holes that are covered up by new laws or powers that were not mention in the world building previously. And honestly so far the writing styles been well done and improving.

Screed likes this.
  15. Echoes

Echoes 【Wandering Monk】

Reading List:
    Link
    i put this novel on hold. now i think i will read it again.
    can someone gime a lil help. i forgot the chapter tehee
    its when he goes to dimensional battlefield something, so he could get some water thingy to become a mage.
    its after he return to his academy

16. Nyamsus

Reading List:
    Link
    for me he more like doesnt want to own a debt/favor with others...
    [i dunno if describe right] maybe he want to server karma between him and them

17. Danis

Danis {(Harem Sect Leader)}{Trickster}&{Lurker}

Reading List:
    Link
    mc to cruel for my taste dropped long time ago ........................................................................................

Screed likes this.
  18. Sordahon

Sordahon 『One Person Virtue Is Another One Sin』

Reading List:
    Link
    MC is kind of meh, all he acomplished is thanks to AI chip, whether it's becoming 3level acolyte, or gaining meditation technique, potion making, all thanks to the chip, MC can't do shit without it.

19. BlackBlade

Reading List:
    Link
    Hehe not really. You see the vast amount of plotting and subterfuge the MC has done throughout the novel to stay alive? Have you seen how he's manipulated relationship and planned the steps for himself to gain power and not get wiped out by arrogant jerks like
    The Meddling Hands and the Lilytale family
    ? The MC is highly intelligent, and the AI chip is just a useful tool to figure out things where you'd have to guess and test millions of times to make any progress (simulations), or for memory storage. Basically he's a scientist that is able to utilize a computer. What a terrible person, I know..

Last edited: Sep 21, 2016
    Nyarlathotep likes this.
  20. Sordahon

Sordahon 『One Person Virtue Is Another One Sin』

Reading List:
    Link
    I know about his deep thinking about everything but without the chip it would be deep thinking and nothing would be done, he most probably would be killed by wolves at beginning, or schools fight.