LCD Warlock of the Magus World

Discussion in 'Latest Chapter Discussion' started by Kelvk, Jan 22, 2016.

1. Raphael

Raphael Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    A point I've never really mentioned but it kinda pisses me off that their branch of magus call themselves warlock when all they do is barrow the bloodline of "ancient beasts". As a DnD avid player and GM I feel insulted and pissed as this horrible misappropriation of the warlock name for something not really in that class, where are the demons and devils? Where are the sacrifices where is the fel and corrupt energies? Where are the summons and binding of demonic slaves? Fuck the author for not making up a new name and trying to pass these guys as warlocks.

I am aware of his later transformations and sin representation, still they are not warlocks by DnD standard rules!!!!!!

Astaroth likes this.
  2. Ishmael

Ishmael 『Night Owl』『Butler』『Traveller』

Reading List:
    Link
    Just checked google what Warlock meant it said male witch?~
    [​IMG]

3. mrttao

mrttao Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    That is harry potter skewing results. A male witch is just called a witch. Puritans executed male witches back in the day

4. hodel.kirk

hodel.kirk Walking the Dao of the Brick, Building by Building

Reading List:
    Link
    Does an author have to abide by DnD rules when he wants to make his own story?

5. kaostheory

kaostheory Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    They do have mental instability which seems like a warlock thing.

Black Frost likes this.
  6. Raphael

Reading List:
    Link
    He doesn't but it is pure ignorance to call a mage like that a warlock, they are not the same class. Can you call a paladin a warrior? Can you call an assassin a rogue? Is the same thing warlocks play with demons and make pacts. I mean come on, author should at least put some effort into his naming, it insults me specially since I roll warlock a lot.

7. Raphael

Reading List:
    Link
    Put that under spoiler tag bro, waste of space on the thread.

Astaroth and BlackBlade like this.
  8. Raphael

Reading List:
    Link
    But the demons is the part that it really needs, you can be a sane warlock but if you do magic without devil/demon summoning or making diabolic pacts you're hardly a warlock, is like calling a necromancer a wizard just because he does magic.

Astaroth likes this.
  9. Lokumi

Lokumi 『The second greatest trash of society』

Reading List:
    Link
    Well a necromancer is a wizard..
    You don't have to follow the rule of DnD when you create a fantasy story (not just dnd but also thing from legend, look, originally an elf is like this: [​IMG] , does elf are still like that ?)

Hmntlzn and Black Frost like this.
  10. GuldTasken

GuldTasken Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Magician(Mage) = Warlock, Sorcerer, Sage, Witch, Necromancer yada yada.

This is a story that focus on Magus which is the Mage route of things.

Anyhow, Warlock has never been "Dealing with the Satanic creatures" type of class only. That is just your DnD fanatic sayin'.

Warlock is in fact the most accurate classification of that path of magic since it focuses on Pacts like you mentioned. When they bind themselves to the blood of an ancient creature. They also create a pact with that beast blood, becoming part of each other. Hence they obtain the snake abilities and temperament. Also why they see the vision of that Snake Queen each time they evolve albeit that was long time ago now.

Necromancer would be the things that created those abominations.

Sage would be the Fate magic and some of the light magic topics.

Druid would be the old protector of twilight zone since he was part of nature.

Sorcerer would be the Fire guy of Morning Star.

---

Also, according the Scottish English, Warlock is indeed Male Witch.

But according the official dictionary of Oxford English, it means Oathbreaker & Deceiver.

This means, they are more of a Devil themselves than doing pacts with the devils. You can essentially call the myth of "the devil at the cross road" = " the warlock at the cross road "

But in the end, a Warlock has nothing to do with pacts/oaths at all in the end. They never make oaths/pacts they cannot break essentially.

In other words, that is the most accurate translation for said path of Magic.

Edit;

On further thinking... Warlock fits even more if we follow the official Dictionary.

Since Warlocks are essentially trying to become the beasts but they aren't. They are deceiving the ancient beasts by mingling with them.

Last edited: Feb 17, 2017
  11. hodel.kirk

Reading List:
    Link
    Dang... I go to class for 1 hour and we about to get a full blown fight... Also I want Freya to snag Leylin as opposed to the slut.

Rapacity and Black Frost like this.
  12. BlackBlade

BlackBlade Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Lmao at the other dude calling Leylin a Gigolo. Ah man the girl squad taking care of all his problems, well other than themselves.

13. LoneDK

LoneDK Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    You do realize the word warlock predates DnD right? I Mean just google it ffs. The novel isn't based on DnD so why the heck should the author abides by DnD rule. Keep in mind DnD is mostly a Western thing and the author is from China.

landon9560, fanobody and Black Frost like this.
  14. hodel.kirk

Reading List:
    Link
    Well they also check each other a bit... so the women are also taking care of the women problems.

15. Raven_King

Raven_King Keeping an Eye out

Reading List:
    Link
    HAHAHA, all of you DnD players, for real, stop being pedantic as fuck. you don;t see Odin laying down heavenly wrath, seeing as to how ALMOST ALL TYPICAL TROPES IN FANTASY FICTION are taken from norse mythology....

also, seeing as to how these are all fictional classes anyway, doesn;t matter. Going off of some descriptions of the Warlock from DnD, it does sound more like a summoning class, so they should be tagged under Conjuration spells (see, get salty). I like @GuldTasken 's way of putting it, uses our dictionary.

also, that degree of backfire......."you crazy woman, take this calming potion.....oh, he gave me a gift, he must like me!"

16. Raphael

Reading List:
    Link
    Finally he gets his own tower, I've been looking forward to him making one since they introduced the one that the old guy with a robotic arm had back at the start of the Twilight Zone Arc. After hearing it augments powers and gather particles which speed up cultivation I was wondering why he hadn't made one since he was slowing down in his meditation technique.

Astaroth likes this.
  17. Cancel

Cancel Procrastinator

Reading List:
    Link
    Man, remember the time when Leylin has to brew potions to earn money? Now he just spends high grade magic crystals like there's no tomorrow. :ROFLMAO:

dystopian, Raven_King and Lokumi like this.
  18. hodel.kirk

Reading List:
    Link
    Some of his potions could easily bankrupt rank 2 Magi.

19. dystopian

dystopian Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Call me naive but this novel opened my eyes regarding many aspects of social life, power, hierarchy and corruption :)

20. Raphael

Reading List:
    Link
    Naive.

fanobody and dystopian like this.