LCD Warlock of the Magus World

Discussion in 'Latest Chapter Discussion' started by Kelvk, Jan 22, 2016.

1. mrttao

mrttao Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    ... its a scroll. we have seen dozens of them so far. of course it is a consumable.
    A rank 4 combo spell is 100x stronger than a normal rank 4 spell.
    However, a rank 4 normal spell is still going to 1 hit kill any rank 3 magus
    Also, we know it isn't a rank 4 combo because that would require 4 separate scrolls.
    haha. topkek no. leylin is going to have to pull out something special to survive that.
    No, you brought up leo because you failed comprehending what i said and confused two completely different arguments together.
    wat? no, your entire point was that leylin did not take ANY RISKS.

Astaroth likes this.
  2. pkhyber

pkhyber Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Am I the only one who still think that robin is evildoer and will betray linley.
    It sure don't feel good seeing myself wrong.

mrttao likes this.
  3. BlackBlade

BlackBlade Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    It's not a strawman, it's directly related to the main effects of the imprint, the imprint you are saying Leylin needed to be weary of. I'm not just comparing power levels or something.. the point is Leylin should be able to estimate how powerful the imprint is based on how it has impacted Noah's bloodline purity. This should give him some idea of the risks involved with fighting Noah head on. With the information Leylin had, I would guess he'd be very confident that he could overcome Noah in a magical battle. Which curtails into whether Leylin took terrible, unnecessary risks in even fighting Noah, the answer being no the risk was almost negligent. Leylin didn't realize that Noah wasn't actually insane, but I blame Leylin no more for that than him getting ambushed by the Oakheart clan.

You are right about more powerful spells having special requirements, but you made it sound like Leylin letting Noah cast any spells related to gluttony was an overwhelming risk. Leylin was never at risk of his life during the fight, and he had strong reason to suspect that was the case before the fight started. Also I'm not sure a formation, that the oakheart clan helped him refine specifically for use against Leylin, that requires Noah to be in a certaint proximity to Leylin to activate, even counts as a spell or something Leylin should reasonably be able to predict. All of Noah's attacks seemed physically based, minus the magical formation the Oakhearts refined for him. Also would you not consider Leylin constantly attacking Noah with high power spells as interrupting Noah's ability to cast long chanting spells?

You are likely right about the 3 souls one body thing. I think I was remembering what happened later on after Leylin made a deal with that organization's leader using the eye, then the dude broke the agreement using the feathers.

Last edited: Mar 27, 2017
  4. BlackBlade

Reading List:
    Link
    Man I feel the exact same way haha. Also I'm very low on sleep, so I'm sorry if I misread something. I likely already have. Still you didn't understand my point perfectly either.

Last edited: Mar 27, 2017
  5. CodeZero

CodeZero Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Chapter 485: Oh! There it is. Fatality's tip! GG Noah, GG. Oohhh, so that's how the gods worked. They're the gods from the ancient war? Or like magi from some specific world? That makes a lot of sense. Can't believe I didn't think that sooner, lmao. Also, if Noah was working with the Oakheart Clan, then that would also make sense. I totally forgot about them as a potential enemy aiming for Leylin.

It also seems as though Leylin was smart enough to have prepared for a worst case scenario, given his threat at the end. Of course, it could also be a bluff, but hopefully he was actually smart enough to prepare some safeguards just in case.

Astaroth likes this.
  6. gauthamc

gauthamc [Dao of the Lonely Island]

Reading List:
    Link
    This is too frickin exciting!! Honestly leylin's fights are the best because of how intelligent he is and all the simulations done by the A.I chip. Almost no plot armor, just wreckage!

7. mrttao

mrttao Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Alright, we have seen now that leylin did not tank that 4th rank spell scroll. he ran away before it was activated.

There was a bit of a translation issue where it sounded like the scroll was activated and then the chapter cliffhanger of "how will leylin survive being hit with a 4th rank spell"

but in fact it was the guy starting the long process of activating the scroll, giving leylin plenty of time to run away. and explicitly telling us that leylin has no way to survive a rank 4 spell if he hadn't escaped prior to activation

pretty nice save by the author

8. CodeZero

Reading List:
    Link
    Chapter 486: It was nice to see Leylin use his threat/bluff from the end of the previous chapter in order to escape. It was also cool seeing him kill one of them whilst he was escaping, and given that he seems pretty confident in wiping out the remaining pursuers, I'm interested in seeing how the Azure Mountain King will react to a bunch of his Crystal Magi forces have been massacred + the likely possibility of Leylin leaking their secret.

mrttao likes this.
  9. BlackBlade

Reading List:
    Link
    Looks like you were right about the scroll being able to kill Leylin, which surprised me. I thought it may seriously injure him, but I wasn't expecting a 1 shot kill from a scroll.. But I was right that he didn't have to sit there and tank it head on. I must have been really exhausted yesterday because I didn't remember that part about him being bound in iron chains at all.

10. BlackBlade

Reading List:
    Link
    Yes, psychological attack at the perfect time was a good move on Leylin's part. I'm not totally convinced that the Azure Mountain King isn't nearby to observe the battle. Would the AI chip actually be able to detect him? He is rank 4 after all.

Unless they all run at the same time in different directions early on, it will be hard for any of these rank 3's to escape alive. As far as releasing the secret goes, it depends on whether they will take Leylin's blackmail threat seriously or not. Based on the current assassination, I think the answer is they do not take his threat seriously, so he might as well release it to create problems for the oakhearts and keep them too busy to attack him.

11. CodeZero

Reading List:
    Link
    I would say, maybe? I would assume that having been in contact with Morning Star Magi for a while, the AI chip was somehow able to detect them? Cause I mean, all high level energy beings release radiation right? That's probably the basis for AI chip's detection scan. Cause I also doubt that a Morning Star Magus would lower themselves to such an extent where they would use cloaking/anti detection abilities/treasures just for the sake of a Rank 3, even if it is a Crystal Magus. If the Azure Mountain King had to take action personally for every significant threat that wasn't even another Morning Star Magus, then that's pretty disappointing, isn't it? Lol.

They didn't take his threat seriously on the assumption that he wouldn't be able to escape. If he did escape, then of course they would take it more seriously, I mean why wouldn't they? He knows their secret, and there's no reason why he wouldn't want to release it, especially after their assassination attempt.

BlackBlade likes this.
  12. mrttao

mrttao Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I really do not understand the whole "we have nothing to fear because you are weaker".

So what if he is weaker than them. Even if they kill him, so long as the information is made public they are screwed.

leylin being a "mere" rank 3 does not magically automatically stop the info from spreading

BlackBlade likes this.
  13. BlackBlade

Reading List:
    Link
    Seems insanely risky to think that they can kill the source of trouble before it spreads. They could be treating it as a worst case scenario, like even if they give leylin benefits they assume one day he will still leak the secret and killing him is the only chance to prevent that. I agree with you though, it's a bad decision on their party. Their whole clan is all around very shady, maybe it's in their nature to do this sort of thing even if it's dumb..

14. Viola

Viola Studio Ghibli Fanboy Mother of Learning Fanboy

Reading List:
    Link
    That's the problem with this encounter. Even if they assassinate him their whole clan is royally fucked. They'll be annihilated within a week at most.

If he didn't rat them out for the many years he could have they should have left him be. Just cause he is rank 3 doesn't mean leylin is an idiot. Any magus would release that information once he has been threatened and most would release it right away. They should be thanking their lucky stars they were foiled by someone who didn't wanna rat them out, not force his hand into spilling the secret.

Either get blackmailed or be killed off. The Azure Mountain King should be smart enough to know which is the better option.

mrttao likes this.
  15. mrttao

mrttao Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Yea. although there is a third option...

Have their morning star magus capture leylin alive, break him on the spot, find out what preparations he made, and then smash those apart covertly before they can be triggered.

Just like leylin was able to smash apart noah's cultivation and then force noah to reveal that he worked for that clan for 70 years now.

Or alternatively, force him to submit his spirit source.
    ... or find blackmail of equal magnitude to threaten him with

the key is that they have to force leylin to submit. and that assassinating him is exactly the wrong approach to take

16. mrttao

mrttao Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    http://www.wuxiaworld.com/wmw-index/wmw-chapter-416/
    http://www.wuxiaworld.com/wmw-index/wmw-chapter-435/
    Cyril and Kenyon sound sorta similar. did the author forget the name?

c487:
    >[Model establishment completed, simulated combat victory rate: 67.9%!] it reported.

Those are really low odds for combat actually. except leylin never fails anything over 50%

Last edited: Mar 28, 2017
  17. Viola

Viola Studio Ghibli Fanboy Mother of Learning Fanboy

Reading List:
    Link

I would have kept that option in the running but it is no longer viable. If Azure Mountain King were to go and capture Leylin he would have done so right at the beginning and not have sent his goons after him. The mere fact that he sent his goons in first gives Leylin more than enough opportunities to either alert his clan that they are being invaded or to enact his plans. Any good Magus would set up fail safes that they can activate at a moments notice.
    If Azure Mountain King went in at the beginning i could see Leylin being unable to warn anyone or enact his plans but to send his goons first even if it is his plan to show up after, his dirty laundry would still be aired by Leylin and the Ouroborus Clan would immediately know who did it.

The third option is undoubtedly the best option to take, being only a bit better than going into a deal with Leylin. But they have already lost the opportunity to use their best option. The Azure Mountain King is uncharacteristically stupid for being a Rank 4 Magus. He can't figure out the best option to take and of his last two options he picks the worst one. He deserves to have all those women torture him for his pure stupidity.

mrttao likes this.
  18. BlackBlade

Reading List:
    Link
    Wouldn't the 3 rank 4 warlocks of the Ouroborus clan notice if another rank 4 showed up in their turf though. That's the only reason I could see for the Azure king not to go after Leylin himself, because Leylin has been staying in his clan's territory. Would breaking Leylin be worth the Azure King possibly dying or being captured for example. If Leylin left his territory I could definitely see subduing Leylin being their best plan, but if he stays in his territory there's nothing much they can do except to give into some of his demands.

barashkafromro likes this.
  19. mrttao

mrttao Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Probably. But his attack squad should have still aiming to capture leylin rather than kill him.

Then again, they didn't plan on attacking him, they were there with noah and suddenly saw leylin so they moved on a whim since he was right there and leo is a moron.

it seems like the azure king was planning to leave leylin alone while targetting the clan as a whole. he probably has some plots to try to exterminate the entire clan. He probably thinks that whatever backup plans leylin had, they do not extend outside the clan itself. which is still kinda stupid. especially because we know the clan has some rank 1 guys who cannot advance stationed far away from the core clan itself.

... oh wait. Maybe the prophet that told him that the person was leylin, also told him that leylin told nobody?
    because leylin was bluffing and he did not actually make such preparations (which is stupid! especially since he knows prophecy magic exists! then again, maybe he was worried that if he made such arrangements with lowbies they could be easily tracked via prophecies and thus reveal him indirectly?)

CodeZero and emry like this.
  20. emry

emry Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    True that could be a possiblity or mayb thought even if they find so what he never imagined that they have spy and he would be on their territory cause he said couple chaps
    Earlier that it is dangerous outside and mainly stay inside home mainly and for the prophecy since he did not leave much clues he believed it would be expensive and take long even in latest chap it states that the azure King is in debt and also for giving info to lowbies I was thinking the would send the info to freya master the crazy chick she would go crazy about it. Also for azure King targeting the clan I don't he is doing it by himself I mean he is only I rank 4 magus there are properly other factions he is working alongside at least how I think it will
    P.s English is not my mother language

BlackBlade likes this.