Discussion What is a good novel ending for you ?

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by yotae, Sep 21, 2017.

1. yotae

yotae Drunkard Emperor

Reading List:
    Link
    This morning i have discovered that relatively a lot of people think IET novel ending are crap but i don't think so, i think there are correct and good. Most novels are not translated completetly and i don't know how to read chinese, i can compare endings but it's limited with a few novels. I'm curious, what is a good ending for you ?

2. abdera7man

abdera7man Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    A good ending is when all mysteries that have been writed are solved or atleast there is a hint about it...basically i want to read an ending about a detailed ending ..., not a sudden ending ....

thymee, FlameE, NekoMK2 and 4 others like this.
  3. Vilidious

Vilidious Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    An ending.

So not something that loops into the very beginning or, "and they lived like that forevermore" -slice-of-life waste, etc.

A story with an aim and a clear ending that resolves the issues brought out in the novel.

4. imsodone

imsodone 『Creep』

Reading List:
    Link
    Best ending ever probably is when your fave character doesn't die in the end or just everybody dies in the end cuz ur fave character died.

5. Rreelentless

Rreelentless Captain Sheriff Admiral Colonel Major General

Reading List:
    Link
    if we think of plot points as threads then a good ending ties up the major threads of the story nicely and resolves any leftover threads, the problem with IET is that he doesn't tie up his threads he just leaves them dangling

Cutter Masterson likes this.
  6. kfahad

kfahad 『The Lurker Beast』『Beast fallen』

Reading List:
    Link
    I like clear ending than open ending.

7. SpiralGust

SpiralGust Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    End of the world

8. Ignus

Ignus Philosopher of Flames

Reading List:
    Link
    I like a little time skip that shows the lives of the main cast after a few years.
    Something like how Harry Potter ended.

fuzor100 and yotae like this.
  9. Luxcilla

Luxcilla Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    A conclusive harem ending.

10. mmsupreme

mmsupreme How do I change my custom title?

Reading List:
    Link
    Depends on preference definite ends leaves nothing to the imagination whiles too open ended stories leaves too much unexplained

NekoMK2 likes this.
  11. wonderer

wonderer Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    A ending that ties loose ends and isn't too open ended, meaning its specific enough that you know the MC's next step

12. Cutter Masterson

Cutter Masterson Well-Known Super-Soldier

Reading List:
    Link
    I agree. A good ending is when all loose ends gets tied up and completed or hinted at. Also the main characters don't die. Lastly I like an arc that can stand on its own or has the feeling that the story has seamlessly continued.
    At least that's what I like.

13. Okuri Ookami

Okuri Ookami 'Chi Chi Chi' calls the Sparrow

Reading List:
    Link
    I've been on this novel site since... well almost the beginning lol I just wasn't an official member till months and months later. Anyway, in all of the time I've been reading novels I have literally never finished one! At first it was because I was reading Japanese novels, which I soon got tired of but then I started reading CD which I stopped 600 to 800 chapters in cause of stupid logic and happenstance. At this point I've been actively avoiding the ending of novels. Why? I hade completing things and I want one of my most favorite novels to be my first completed one. I had a bad experience with Harry Potter, Great novel series terrible movies (except the first). The Novel ended terribly for me but it was cushioned by the fact that it was one of my favorites along side Tom Clancy's (R.I.P) Jack Ryan and Rainbow six series so I didn't give no fucks. If I have to finish anything I want it to at least be one of my favorites so I can have some cushioning if its terrible. Luckily enough IET is my favorite author and DE one of if not my favorite novel.

14. fireutsie

fireutsie Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    An ending which leaves you empty inside.
    A feeling which is like a gaping hole has appeared in your hearth.
    You wish that you could've seen the more of the future of the characters, the world and be with band of main characters a little longer. You didn't want to separate with the story just yet, but the story has already ended. And now you are left with a feeling of longing and nostalgia.

NekoMK2 likes this.
  15. elengee

elengee Daoist Ninefaps

Reading List:
    Link
    At least as long as the MC lost his virginity before trillions of years are over and is still together with the people he cares about and not leaving everyone behind everytime he ascends, i'm happy.

16. Fik

Fik Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    i kind of like the ending like Arifureta , where everything got resolved and explained, also there story about daily life after that which explain every key member about their life and its a good humour for me

17. dragonNEET2526

dragonNEET2526 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    An ending which doesn't have loose ends and shows what the MC and the characters which are highlighted will be doing.

18. 13th Echelon

13th Echelon Piping Hot Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Ending that resolved all of the mysteries in the story and filled all the plot holes. But an ending is still the most hateful thing. What I want more are the extras that come with it.

19. fuzor100

fuzor100 Standby mode...

Reading List:
    Link
    A happy ending with a hint of sequel. ;)

20. sapassde

sapassde [Big Rock] [Double Clown]

Reading List:
    Link
    i like endings that wrap things up and show the end of the story nicely even if the death of the character isn't show and if possible something that doesn't leave me with a lot of unanswered(is this the right word?) questions