Discussion Which came first, "The Wizard World" or "Warlock of the Magus World"?

Discussion in 'Novel Discussion' started by mrttao, Mar 6, 2017.

1. mrttao

mrttao Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I noticed on Qidian english website that there is a story called "The Wizard World", I thought there was a chance that it is "warlock of the magus world" but a different translator chose to translate the title differently so I checked it out.

Turns out it is a different story, but is basically a clone of warlock of magus world.

A stupid young good for nothing noble who is doted on by his father died when he tries to get fresh with a noble girl (since he is used to picking on peasant girls) and is specifically killed by her boyfriend.

MC is transmigrated from 23rd century earth and bodysnatched that fresh corpse, waking up in a moving cart. and has a "biochip" instead of an AI chip, which has remarkably similar properties.

So far then only real differences is that the MC didn't start out going to wizard/magus school.

So, anyone knows which one of those two novels came first and which is the clone?

Ciclonz likes this.
  2. Nyarlathotep

Nyarlathotep The laziest and the King of Procrastination

Reading List:
    Link
    I wanted to make a joke about China copying things, but that would sounds racist

Jed1, Rapacity, Pretender and 9 others like this.
  3. Astaroth

Astaroth empty

Reading List:
    Link
    It would be hilarious if WMW was first since the author is called "The Plagiarist" or whatever it was (The irony of someone plagiarising an author with that name), on the flipside if it's the opposite I guess the joke about how someone calling himself a plagiarist being original won't be the case...

4. DiabolicGod

DiabolicGod Well-known lazy Member

Reading List:
    Link
    pretty sure that "Wizard World" is just a fake because WMW is already finished since quite a bit of time...
    never heard of the wizard world so not sure

5. DiabolicGod

DiabolicGod Well-known lazy Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I think that that title came from the author using famous works when he couldn´t create his own ideas (like in the previous translated arc of WMW where he used harry potter quite a bit)
    well, in the end I don´t really care so don´t mind my replies if I´m wrong

6. rodusk123

rodusk123 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Sounds like Sword Spirit

7. Liyus

Liyus Laksha's Desu~ Cat

Reading List:
    Link
    i wanted to say for chinese that is a compliment, but it's sound racist.....

Famerton and Nyarlathotep like this.
  8. mrttao

mrttao Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    still reading it. not as good as WMW, and more similarities continue to accrue

9. Nux

Nux Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Different stories, stop tricking ppl into thinking they're the same when they're different in terms of plotline otherwise all xianxias are clones.

10. Wujigege

Wujigege *Christian*SIMP*Comedian

Reading List:
    Link
    Warlock of Magus World
    Magus Era

I am confused by all of them...

11. mrttao

mrttao Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Is magus era another clone?
    all the eye rolls. I am not "tricking people", I explicitly noted it is a different story. Just one bearing amazing similarities to the point of being an obvious clone

Also, the existence of clones in xianxia does not magically make this not a clone. You have a guy from 23rd century earth with an AI chip transmigrate into a coddled good for nothing child of a knight (ki based) in a wizard/magus world. The child in question died under extremely similar circumstances, and is a weakling initially. MC is using his AI chip to optimize his exercise to rapidly improve his physical condition.

Still no sign of the wizards as of chapter 7. He has used AI chip to analyze his father and confirm he is a superhuman knight with stats of 2-3 (identical measurement system as leylin's AI chip) and with a few days of optimized exercise has raised his strength from 0.3 to 0.4

Oh, and like leylin, MC was aware of ki training back on earth as well.

edit: well, here is a difference. seems MC here is a stupid panicky little bitch. much inferior to leylin

Last edited: Mar 6, 2017
  12. DeathStroke96

DeathStroke96 『President of Sindria Trading Co.』『Uncle』『GOD』

Reading List:
    Link
    No.

Its concept is much different and it's more of the strongest human reincarnated to a primordial world just as ancient humanity was rising from slavery (more tribal setting) to being rulers themselves and he decided to try and truly become the strongest (used to be modern time strongest in this world he was only a scrub)... it's a true reincarnation from birth etc... the only similarity is that there is bloodlines however they are not injected but those humans are already born with them as their ancestors made a deal with ancient beasts for their bloodline so that they could cultivate the same system as the beasts that the blood originated from...the systems are warrior(body builders 95% of humanity), spiritual (buddha) and another one (hasn't been explored properly in the tl'ed chapters but it's along the lines of dao)(the latter 2 system are not very known to anyone)...

Also magus era should not be called magus but shaman era as it focuses more on shamanism and the magi that they keep referring to are nothing more than body cultivators

Wujigege likes this.
  13. Demonic Reader lv 451F

Demonic Reader lv 451F 蝶醒, 梦未.

Reading List:
    Link
    Name one country that never did !

John 8:7

14. mrttao

mrttao Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    ugh, dammit MC how can you be so retarded.

So, he randomly encounters an assassin that is after his father. fights him off, barely, through luck. (and he fights like a retard, ignoring the AI chip instructions out of "panic"). The assassin leaves but leaves him a card noting he will kill him, as well as marking him with a scent.

And the turbo retard MC, while working on researching a way to survive the assassin, considers escaping his father's lands but is actually actively hiding the existence of the assassin from his father. even though his father is a superhuman knight and the absolute ruler of the a huge fief and has multiple superhuman knights serving under him.

He even figures out that his dad is being targeted and that his dad is outclassed as well and that his dad is planning to try to gang up on that guy with other knights... and decides to still keep it a secret and solo him because he wants "to control his own fate" and teaming up with his dad will somehow ruin that? even though they can both meaningfully contribute to a team?
    I hate the MC so much right now.

Last edited: Mar 7, 2017
  15. qq1357426469

qq1357426469 Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The Wizard World is the first wizard novel.
    Terror Infinity is the first infinity novel.
    A Record of a Mortal’s Journey to Immortality
    。。。。。。。。。。。。。。
    。。。。。。。。。。。。。
    。。。。。。。。。。。。。。。

16. hachiman hikigaya

hachiman hikigaya Semper fidelis

Reading List:
    Link
    @mrttao wizard world came in 2012 and WMW come out in 2015

mrttao likes this.
  17. mrttao

mrttao Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    huh, I guess WMW is the clone then.

only WMW is vastly superior to the original

18. DeathStroke96

DeathStroke96 『President of Sindria Trading Co.』『Uncle』『GOD』

Reading List:
    Link
    I apologise but I have to correct you at the moment.

It is better at the moment because you have not read that much of TWW perhaps as the chapters continue it turns out that TWW is better or perhaps not at the moment you have a clear view of the copy not the original so saying that it's better is quite...

19. AvERaGeNP

AvERaGeNP Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    First 16 chaps.
    WOTMW is still better at it. Maybe its going to be better but thats something we'll find out later.

20. AvERaGeNP

AvERaGeNP Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Also its just 646 total chaps so doesnt seem to be much world creation.