Who determines what tags should go on a novel? and what to do when a tag is wrong?

Discussion in 'Novel Updates Site Discussion' started by mrttao, Feb 13, 2017.

1. OverlyFriendly

OverlyFriendly I should do something about

Reading List:
    Link
    good for you?
    runsing is only a NU mod. Tony is the only admin for both NU and NUF

Wujigege and AliceShiki like this.
  2. OnigaImasuka

OnigaImasuka A devil in disguise

Reading List:
    Link
    Tony is female :O?

3. Archaic pickle

Archaic pickle Daoist Heavenly Kimichi

Reading List:
    Link
    @runsing err...I knew it was a fetish...But I was being ironic?

runsing likes this.
  4. runsing

runsing status : bleeding, health -10/s Novel Updates Staff

Reading List:
    Link
    if its just misspelled, dont worry about it. in fact theres a user who keep spelling the same more a dozen times for just one same word

b..baka..! i did not tel you that
    <.<
    >.>

yo do? suspicious.... -_-

Archaic pickle likes this.
  5. OverlyFriendly

OverlyFriendly I should do something about

Reading List:
    Link
    he's my mother
    nah

6. TheMrAzn

TheMrAzn [Blank]

Reading List:
    Link
    Yup. Tony is a robust female with huge bulging biceps

runsing likes this.
  7. runsing

Reading List:
    Link
    don't forget the twintail with ribbons

anyway, most of tags editors are not frequents nuf forumers unfortunately. that makes it hard to reach out to them to 'discuss' tags. in such cases, i went through their edit logs to determine whether a hammer is needed. if it is their first troll (or bad choice of word, more likely) of 200++ edit, i'll just deem them as having a bad day and mark them.

Last edited: Feb 14, 2017
  8. Archaic pickle

Archaic pickle Daoist Heavenly Kimichi

Reading List:
    Link
    [​IMG]
    salior moon cosplay?

Err well I guess I'll go to the help section to share photos..

9. TheMrAzn

TheMrAzn [Blank]

Reading List:
    Link
    Yup. With the skimpy pink dress too!

10. runsing

Reading List:
    Link
    Archaic pickle likes this.
  11. mrttao

mrttao Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    For some things, like "NTR" it could be an indication of what will happen later.
    But others are clearly wrong from the beginning. for example "Smart Male Lead"

For example, Great Demon King has the tag "smart male lead" which is an obvious lie
    MC was a virgin otaku shut in NEET. He got kidnapped by a devil dao practitioner to be used as a revival device in case he lost a battle. Not only did he lose the battle but his reincarnation spell was detected and destroyed, resulting in the death of the devil dao's practitioner's personality but still giving the MC all his knowledge and the seed of power for cultivating it back. Also, MC died and transmigrated into possessing a pitiful slave in a magic academy that was killed for the lulz by one of the noble students.

The MC then decided he will "get revenge" on said necromancy student (for the perfect stranger whose body he snatched)... he snuck into her room where she sleeps at night, woke her up, and pretended to be a zombie to scare her... because it is a well known fact that necromancers are afraid of zombies and apparently "scaring her" is suitable revenge for years of abuse and murdering him for the lulz. She screamed (and woke up and pissed off all the other students), but then immediately figured out what is going on. Instead of killing him again, she this time only delivered a beating... only we now discover she is jadelike, a harem candidate, and MC sexually got off on being beaten.

The other students all decided to spare him because he pretended to have gone retarded from the spell she used to kill him before. And as a shut in neet he somehow gained the ability to perfectly predict human behavior and logic! So he used his "genius" to perfectly predict that if he pretends to be a retard they won't touch him, despite years of horrible scarring abuse and even outright killing him on a whim.

The MC then continuously does extremely stupid things and only gets away because of plot armor and pretending to be retarded. He also has zero self control due to the demon cultivation. "A demonic cultivator does whatever he wants" is a motto used and basically translates to "I, a slave, will attack nobles on a whim in the open without any consideration to plotting or repercussions".

This is the most retarded story that ever retarded. And the MC is not evil, he just plays minor pranks.

This is a really bad system. If tags are open to the public than they should work via up/down voting of tag where every member of the public can upvote or downvote a particular tag for a novel.

Having any single random person being able to delete or add tags is just asking for trouble.

12. Crimshine

Crimshine x399 %993

Reading List:
    Link
    You're right, I was only considering the first part.
    Well, if you're 100% sure that a tag is wrong, you can remove it or change it obviously.
    A system where only serious people on NUF involved in tags could change or add tags could work too.

mrttao likes this.
  13. AliceShiki

AliceShiki 『Ms. Tree』『Magical Girl of Love and Justice』

Reading List:
    Link
    If you have any ideas on how to improve the tagging system, feel free to make a feature request about it, if Tony thinks your system is good, she may change the current system to the one you proposed.

mrttao and runsing like this.