News Wuxia World Roadmap -Savage

Discussion in 'Novel General' started by Elion, May 23, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. z3helll

z3helll Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Glad to see Aran coming back for IGE! Looking forward to reading those new novels.

2. TheOnlyRavenbrand

TheOnlyRavenbrand Death Knight - WW Supporter

Reading List:
    Link
    It's about quality and speed. Some of the translations still have a lot of pinyin.. Man I miss the days of CD when @rwxwuxiaworld romanized almost every single name.. Actually I think it was every name.

3. MadHatter

MadHatter [WindyWeather]

Reading List:
    Link
    (y) YES! :X3:

4. Archaic pickle

Archaic pickle Daoist Heavenly Kimichi

Reading List:
    Link
    Bro don't summon him unless it's relevant lol
    It gets annoying
    Plus in CD IET had western names in the novel

5. TheOnlyRavenbrand

TheOnlyRavenbrand Death Knight - WW Supporter

Reading List:
    Link
    Showing a remembrance of better days when drama was far less of an issue. And while IET may have had some English names in them it wasn't all of them.

6. StormHawk

StormHawk I’m Back To Drop Bombs

Reading List:
    Link
    I see.. you finally finished eating that *******
    Edit: Hotdogs*

7. Black Heart

Black Heart A Perfectly Normal Individual

Reading List:
    Link
    Face Smacking Ren?

Elion likes this.
  8. Archaic pickle

Reading List:
    Link
    I would say it was the majority of the characters, Ren used to talk about translating coiling dragon
    And how iet westernized the names.

Elion likes this.
  9. Gatop

Gatop Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The young master has just taken a hit and will be full of vengeance through unscrupulous means now how will the senior brother respond?

10. JJ

JJ [?]

Reading List:
    Link
    I've read the list and the few I'm reading is not listed. There's one with a huge potential, and I hope anyone get it while the iron is hot. Dark king is another novel I'm reading. Four times a day release is commendable, although the quality translation is mediocre due to the fast release. But I just found out it's owned by Qidian, sooo ... I hope that translator doesn't get the axe.

EDIT: I just found out that I still have Immortal God Emperor from the reading list but stopped reading it to accumulate it and binge read later on.

Last edited: May 24, 2017
  11. carupin

carupin Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Brilliant move from RWXWuxiaworld. Nothing less expected.

12. Archaic pickle

Reading List:
    Link
    they are threatening translators with dmca's if they don't fall under the "umbrella"

No I'm not making a resident evil reference.

KickInator likes this.
  13. Lilqban

Lilqban Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    OOOOOOOOOHHHHHH IGE IS MAKING A COMEBACK. hoping aran will be on point for a while ~.~

14. Choloy

Choloy 〔Shem's Kouhai〕〔The Hus-Wife〕

Reading List:
    Link
    Wooohhh I will have more novels to read!!!

This seems like a good plan. I wish you the best!

15. mudslap

mudslap Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Here's what was posted

So this is a post I was planning to postpone until things were completely sorted out, but given the situation I thought it was best to make some things aware to all of you. First of all, as might be obvious, for the foreseeable future we will not be taking on any new Qidian novels. As a result, for translators that are potentially interested in joining Wuxiaworld in the future, I strongly urge you to work on non-Qidian novels, as we will not be accepting any new Qidian novels in the near future.

Now then, authorization talks with Zongheng and 17k, two of the largest Chinese webnovel sites aside from Qidian, have been going very well. We expect to have concluded copyright/authorizations agreements with them any day now (negotiations have been going on for quite some time), and I wanted to share with you some of the works that will be coming up on Wuxiaworld very shortly. Some names might be familiar to some of you, some might be new!

City of Sin (罪恶之城) – At the specific request of 17k, this project will be started on at Wuxiaworld. The translator will be OMA once he finishes his translation of Warlock of the Magus World. You all know how fast OMA has been translating and nothing more needs to be said.

The Fallen God (陨神记) – At the specific request of 17k, I will be personally taking on this project on a temporary basis (with an assistant to be revealed) until such a time as I find a suitable candidate to pass this important project off to.

Zongheng

Monarch of Evernight (永夜君王) – This is a project which alyschu has already taken on and which will become one of our priority projects… and it’s a good one. Vampires and guns and monarchs, oh my!

The Emperor of the Seals (符皇) – This is a project which will be translated by a new, full-time translator (to be announced later) and updated at fairly high speeds.

Imperial God Emperor (御天神帝) – This is a project which some of you are familiar with, and we’ll be bringing back the previous translator, Aran, who is committing to trying a chapter a day! It’ll take us a bit of time as we overhaul some of the older chapters to ensure they are up to standard, but they will be coming. Fans of IGE, rejoice!

King of Myriad Domains (万域之王) – This is a novel which I know some of you are fans with, and which my own mother is a fan of! It will be getting very special treatment from us, as we will be placing a FULL-time translator on it once he wraps up current commitments, and that translator will be collaborating with deathblade! The one minus is that after discussing the matter with some of the former translators, we will be starting from scratch due to highly questionable quality of some of the older chapters. As a result, some of you will have to wait in order to get back to where it was a while ago. However, since we’ll have a full-time person on the job, I trust the wait won’t be too long!

Red Fan, White Robes (红扇白衣传) – This is more of a traditional Wuxia novel (with a female MC!) which our very own Guan Zhong will be working on! He’s always been a lover of the more martial-arts oriented wuxia, and he is positively smitten with this novel. Hopefully, all of you will be as well!

Invincible Sword Realm (无敌剑域) – This will be worked on by a new translator who is committed to doing this full-time and who has passed our translation tests. Full-time means lots of chapters, hopefully!

A Surprise Project (true name pending) – Wait for the good word!

16. kursys

kursys animeweedlord420

Reading List:
    Link
    thank god you posted this here, i would have never seen this on the front fucking page of WuxiaWorld when it was posted yesterday afternoon.

Overclock likes this.
  17. Luxcilla

Luxcilla Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
  18. mudslap

mudslap Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    you're welcome :) I posted it to show it to you again :D

19. Rakiin

Rakiin Pokemon Slave Trader