Discussion You are being Misled!

Discussion in 'Novel General' started by abdera7man, Sep 8, 2017.

?

Did you notice ?

1. YES !

38 vote(s)
    29.2%
  2. NO !

9 vote(s)
    6.9%
  3. Don't CARE ?

83 vote(s)
    63.8%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. abdera7man

abdera7man Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Many Chinese novels authors in novel like IRASS $ OG $ GTI and others...., the author sell some idea that may be dangerous, that may influence your judgment, it may even affect your emotions..
    What I'm talking about precisely is the HATE that Chinese authors sell in their novels..the HATE toward JAPNEESE ..
    As you may see the authors of these novels call the Japanese some racist name like , devil,degenerate, And some racist names and other cursing words ...
    I have a simple idea about the hatred between jap and Cn In the wars That happened and the blood that had been spilled , and I know that the novel that we read , their initial target are the Chinese population... so I'm not condemning those authors or their words...
    the idea that I want express is We as FOREIGN CN NOVEL READER should not be influenced by this hatred that we read about and start viewing the JAPS the way the authors want us to ..

Why would we be influenced?

Actually I myself after reading the first novel that the author has insulted the japs... I felt annoyed about the racism in the writing. And I had to indure that , but after reading the second novel, I didn't felt the same emotion that I felt when I first read smth like that , I FELT annoyed but actually ignored it and started continuing reading.... BUT after the third time that I read smth like that .. that annoyed feeling started fading what was replacing it was a slight discomfort with the way japenese are behaving (in the novel,on the way the Cn author described) so when those emotions appeared I catched them , and I felt startled... How would I think like this ? Why would I feel discomfort with the jap , why would I have some hatred Toward them , like they had slaughtered my country/family...
    That moment I thought things were not right , this is isn't me , I'm not someone who would harbor hatred toward others just because someone described their bad behavior or writed something bad they had done..

So I realized that I was being misled by the authors into thinking that , and that did not felt good :/

So what I want to say is when we Foreign readers read some novels , read some manga , watch some anime .. there's some idea that were forced into our minds without us knowing, unconsciously we would adopt them and make them Part of us , and started behaving on them..!! Especially some underage people who would be easily influenced .., sometimes you may even find your tastes and even your interest being alerted without noticing....

The same thing happened with the concept of YOUNG MASTER , NOW, the first word that I will associate with this title is SCUM ,lECHEER, RAPIST,CRUEL, STUPID,DANDDY.....!!!!!!!!
    And some hatred toward them..
    !!!!!

So did you NOTICE !!!!????

Ps : this isn't a political thread !

2. Cite

Cite 『Procrastinator』

Reading List:
    Link
    I just laugh it off...:blobhero: in IRAS, the racism was quite funny.

Bismarck, Zomula, zhainan2157 and 6 others like this.
  3. shinryu432

shinryu432 Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
  4. asuya

asuya Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Most JP authors think that black hair is only for japanese.
    I am japanese now.

5. Rosver

Rosver Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Try I’m Really a Superstar. A Chinese MC spreading the hate of other nationality that is not Chinese. This is a very common thing.

nielyti and abdera7man like this.
  6. Sethnix

Sethnix Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Tl;dr;dc

7. UselessWastrel

UselessWastrel Procrastinating Suicidal

Reading List:
    Link
    I cringe at these kinds of arcs, but don't really mind them since most of them have no relevant impact on the story and serve as filler.

abdera7man likes this.
  8. apricotsoda

apricotsoda Shy Shy Shy

Reading List:
    Link
    please read the 1st sentence of the 1st paragraph

9. Kishimura

Kishimura 騎士村

Reading List:
    Link
    Well yeah, and it's completely normal in China (i think):blobunsure:

abdera7man likes this.
  10. jackateonetoo

jackateonetoo Wet Dog

Reading List:
    Link
    I am not someone who is so easily influenced by things. You shouldn't assume people are that gullible just because it happened to you. You seem to be pretty young to have this kind of reaction

11. DocB

DocB "I see you, little mouse! Run along"

Reading List:
    Link
    if you read a book and can't diferenciate what ideas are good and bad then you shouldn't pick a book at all.
    now if you can distinguish them, then you shouldn't only read book with what you consider good ideas, for those don't chanlenge your growth

12. Pyrenose

Pyrenose Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Happens in novels all over the world. Murican novels are a bit more suppressed, but there is still a very clear division of races.

Last edited: Sep 8, 2017
  13. Guradu Gilgida

Guradu Gilgida 【Gentleman】【Tembikar Demon】

Reading List:
    Link
    Sigh... so what? Even Bible is full of racism and yet it's the best selling book on earth.

Scorcher25, Pretender, asriu and 10 others like this.
  14. Asf

Asf 《《The aria of souls》》

Reading List:
    Link
    I cant believe how many people reading novel is a killing frenzy nowdays.. one that cant except any other conclusion other than killing.. despite never killing anyone themself. Or have they...?
    Novel selling the idea of killing people as the best solution to solve your problems.

15. Astaroth

Astaroth empty

Reading List:
    Link
    22 years lol smh

16. shinryu432

shinryu432 Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Dude chill. This happens in a lot of novels, I say you're easily influenced if you feel that way. The only thing that these novel influence is my time being spent on reading them.

abdera7man and Astaroth like this.
  17. siwakotisaurav

siwakotisaurav Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    MC is talking about IRAS(I'm Really A Superstar)

And as for what OP is talking about, gullible people will be easily influenced, its not like you can stop them from being influenced.

But LOL, knowing there are people who feel anything other than being annoyed to the extreme and just quitting the novel when it comes to extreme racism amuses me.

Flashfyre and YoungQuas like this.
  18. Grenore

Grenore 《Member》

Reading List:
    Link
    Ignorance is the bliss. Just read it as if some kind of weird joke that isn't laughable. Besides readers are just readers, if you don't know how to ignore a racism in a book than how are you gonna handle it in reality outside of a book.

abdera7man likes this.
  19. Dolfitos

Dolfitos 『Kingsize』 『Jason of N.U.F』

Reading List:
    Link
    What about the racism against monsters!? HAVE YOU EVER NOTICED IT?
    [​IMG]

Scorcher25, Pretender, asriu and 11 others like this.
  20. PantsyGreenCloud

PantsyGreenCloud Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
  21. Paps

Paps Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Well I haven´t readed enough Chinese novel to feel that way but I understand what your article implies, and I realize that indeed I have become numb to some aspects that the novels, manga, anime, films, TV series find admissible.

Last edited: Sep 8, 2017
    abdera7man likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.