Discussion You are being Misled!

Discussion in 'Novel General' started by abdera7man, Sep 8, 2017.

?

Did you notice ?

1. YES !

38 vote(s)
    29.2%
  2. NO !

9 vote(s)
    6.9%
  3. Don't CARE ?

83 vote(s)
    63.8%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mordreth

Mordreth Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Seems like op might have issues in accepting that different people, different nations, different regions, have varying opinions on things. Get used to it. Only in sissified countries do people actually pretend to care about racism and what not. Most other countries actually have better things to do with their time.

2. Rosver

Rosver Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I think you don't get it. Racism is a specific opinion/belief. A very destructive one. However, you are brushing it off as a simple regular opinion. Like: So that person is racist? So what, it is that person's opinion.

I can't just agree that something so destructive would just be brushed off as "just another opinion." It is like saying that stealing is just another action. Or child abuse is just another form of parenting. It is not just that!

3. shinryu432

shinryu432 Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I live in the Philippines. I pointed out what makes racism a problem in both of my post and both acknowledge that it is a problem that needs to be discussed where it happens, which in any case not where I live, so it is technically something that is not my problem.

4. Rosver

Rosver Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Like waging war with other countries.

5. Mordreth

Mordreth Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    It's a great way to handle overpopulation.

6. MostlyBlue

MostlyBlue Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    "Point is, where I live, we don't judge people by their race, ethnicity or color, we judge them by their conduct and manners. This is the reason why I don't see racism as a problem." Pretty sure that there's discrimination against ethnically chinese in the Philippines. Anyways, racism occurs everywhere, and it is our duty as humans to stand against. You still don't think of it as a problem based off of your comment, but I do hope you one day will. Have a nice day.

7. abdera7man

abdera7man Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I have. Seen some racism in many novels that i Have read , but in the one that i have mentioned it was not Simply just a joke and somthing you may read and laugh at.. This was something the author want to use your emotions to install an new idea into your brain...

That may be close , as said in the post , i started disliking jap behaviors in the way the cn authors described them , so I'm not talking abou realty : )

Well I'm not usually like that , and I don't know if I didn't exprees what i want in the thread ...

This is it ...(Y)

Nah, i don't have a problem with that , i just mentioned how idea can be easly transplated while reading foreign novels...: )

Last edited: Sep 8, 2017
    AliceShiki likes this.
  8. Silverblood

Silverblood Forbidden Library

Reading List:
    Link
    The chinese and north korean have been brainwashed by thier own government and truth be told i prefer japan over them bring me anime anytime over comunism.

abdera7man likes this.
  9. Lhie

Lhie 『Procrastinator』「Argetlam」『Bibliophile』

Reading List:
    Link
    Dude, that's just you. It's just like when you're being scolded by your parents, teachers or boss. Take it by one ear then let it out the other~

that's perception abt you as a person already if you let it influence you.

10. shinryu432

shinryu432 Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Well, have nice day as well. I have to admit, we have that small group of people you mentioned, not where I live exactly, but somewhere around Manila. Mainly because of their many faulty products and the issue about Scarborough Shoal that is currently an ongoing topic at the moment.

11. Yemallis

Yemallis Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I usually don't care about stuff like this, because it's usually villain characters being villain characters. They're always assholes.

However I dropped IRAS exactly when the MC assaulted (kicked him so hard in the stomach he flew into the air and landed two meters away) the Korean singer guy just because he got mobbed by fans trying to get autographs and one of his bodyguards knocked one person over.

MostlyBlue and abdera7man like this.
  12. akki

akki [Ani's C☕ffee-mate #3] [Shady Merchant]

Reading List:
    Link
    Too long and I didn't read. So I dunno if I noticed or not...

Lhie and abdera7man like this.
  13. abdera7man

Reading List:
    Link
    It didn't influence my judgment in real life.And I'm not easily influenced.
    As i have writed .. I started having a slight discomfort about the way japs are behaving, in the Novels and in the way the author had described! So that's why i felt being misled !!

I think people didn't read slowly what i have writed or maybe i may not have expressed what i wanted to say correctly....

AliceShiki likes this.
  14. sal880612m

sal880612m As I thought, love was a status effect! ~ICDS

Reading List:
    Link
    ... If you find it happening on more than one occasion as you have then I would say you are exactly the type of person who would/could be influenced to harbor dislike hatred towards others and you're just in denial about it because you didn't believe you are or don't like to think you are. People are horrible, naive, arrogant, and most don't know themselves half as well as they think they do, so it's not like I'm saying you're a horrible, retarded example of humanity, though I can see how it could come across that way, all I'm really saying is that you're seeing a negative about yourself and doing the very human thing of trying to find something to blame other than yourself. It's like blaming video games, rock music or comics for violence, it may have some influence but that influence is almost always much smaller than what's already present. Another possibility is that you've learned not to get your knickers in a twist about such dislike/hatred being expressed in fictional works and just go with the flow of not liking who the author doesn't want you to like without putting too much focus on the character nationality despite the author doing so.

Also let me just throw this out there, Bruce Wayne meets all the requirements to be a young master, but he isn't SCUM , LECHER, RAPIST,CRUEL, STUPID, DANDY.

15. Lhie

Lhie 『Procrastinator』「Argetlam」『Bibliophile』

Reading List:
    Link
    Sorry, tldr 囧rz

abdera7man likes this.
  16. aretok

aretok Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Hahahahahaha..... .....

17. ArgosYesu

ArgosYesu Lord of Some Lands, Editor of Others

Reading List:
    Link
    He really isn't that similar. Has a military history, has a middle-class history, one wife, smart with a doctorate, actually makes money rather than loses it, even better showmanship. If one is being picky, he's a very well done self-insert. Some flaws, but mostly covered by his brilliance.

18. abdera7man

Reading List:
    Link
    i could agree with what you have writed , but you did miss many things to assum im easly influenced.. If you have read what i have writed, you would notice that i said , that I don't blame the authors for what they had writed, I'm not the kind who would like to blame the world for what is happenings to him...
    The problem here with these novels that i have mentioned don't lay simply in a simple racists insult , but I'm talking about the idea that they are selling , which may be misleading...

I didn't say that every young master is ...... , what i wanted to express is by reading cn novels , and If you pose a thread for people to describe a young master.... Is those definitions that you will get!!!

19. kaisersose

kaisersose Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    well tbs all i can say is i was misled by you and by the title of the thread :blobparty:

abdera7man likes this.
  20. ToastedRossi

ToastedRossi Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Racism and xenophobia are definitely a lot more accepted in East Asia than in the West. Some of this does show up in fiction, but it's predominantly for local consumption rather than trying to sell it to foreigners. It's not something that's just confined to China though; South Korea and Japan (and most of Southeast Asia) all exhibit signs of this.

The most common manifestation in China is anti-Japanese sentiment. Some of it is based on ongoing anger from World War II, but some comes from ongoing actions by Japanese politicians and other organizations. Funny enough, the Ministry of Culture in China has some pretty strict rules about discrimination against racial groups in media. It's to the extent that a TV adaptation of "Demigods and Semi-devils" had to edit out the names of groups like "Khitan" and "Han" even though that was a central conflict in the original book. This prohibition apparently doesn't apply to anti-Japanese sentiment.

abdera7man likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.