You Tired Of This QI Shit Yet?

Discussion in 'Novel General' started by rwxwuxiaworld, Jul 26, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PiffPaff

PiffPaff New Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Time to flip tables for WuxiaWorld (┛✧Д✧))┛彡┻━┻

2. Astaroth

Astaroth empty

Reading List:
    Link
    If someone made a site that only translate one novel, update with one chapter every 3 months, while simultaneously scraping all other translation sites and re-uploading their chapters, would NU link to this hypothetical site and would their releases show up on the main page like usual?

If not, where do NU draw the line for being neutral?

If yes, then never mind. I'm just curious.

After all it doesn't say anything about the content besides the translation on the NU policy, so NU staying "neutral" is following the rules as far as I'm aware. http://www.novelupdates.com/nu-policy/

However, if you ask me, it does seem odd that there seemingly is no criteria for the sites that host the novels. (This doesn't mean that QI/webnovels.com would have necessarily been removed from NU however, it's just odd that there's no criteria at all.)
    wuxiaworld would have been down for 10 days if they didn't move out of the US, by the way what happens with the DMCA if they move? Do QI win by default?

So if QI re-upload their novels while wuxiaworld is down, if you want to read you've got to go to QI, and most people don't seem to really care so they'd probably get a lot of traffic.

I've got no idea about what the repercussions would be, or if there's even going to be any repercussions of the DMCA now that wuxiaworld moved out of the US.

But at least the benefit for Qidian seem clear to me, whether it's a net win or loss however is beyond me. (I would assume it was a bad move, but I don't know.)

zentetsuken and noob_senpai like this.
  3. natalus

natalus Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    qidian move is 笑裏藏刀
    (translate it yourself)
    we know qidian will use it
    the question is just when?
    i think wuxiaworld would migrate to 17k and korean novel
    but yes, this move is .....

4. 1amdude

1amdude Nakamatu Agraulek

Reading List:
    Link
    Ren, where art thou...

Yes Ren, I'm tired of this QI shit.

5. Deleted member 41274

Deleted member 41274 Guest

Reading List:
    Link
    i think on a plane

1amdude likes this.
  6. MoshGoss

MoshGoss Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Qidian will die. That is only a matter of time.

TemporalandReaty and lemeck like this.
  7. 1amdude

Reading List:
    Link
    The wait is killing me. I can't sleep.

8. Deleted member 41274

Reading List:
    Link
    stay up all night for him^^

TemporalandReaty and 1amdude like this.
  9. whoami

whoami New Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Fellow Daoist's this is a dark day for all of us leechers.
    We are going to the dark age by not using NU as apparently they are neutral :LOL::LOL::LOL:
    and don't support qidian international :LOL::LOL::LOL:
    and have to use bookmarks .
    Thank you Wuxiaworld for introducing Chinese novels like Coiling Dragon etc..,
    And also @Gravity Tales and all the other translators, editor's,leecher's.
    thank you for this amazing journey of light novels .
    Thank you Nu as you were neutral till now.
    All the best @rwxwuxiaworld and all other translators hope you mc's defeat the final boss qidian international and its minion NU

Thank you,
    - just a leecher

Goodbye.
    :cry::cry::cry:

10. anzuda

anzuda Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Hey everyone~
    Just want to tell you something. And i made this account specifically for it.

I have been reading at QI for quite a while now and i won't say anything about what they do and stuff.

For Ren, i'm a huge fan of WW and until now, i still read and support you(though i'm just a leacher, i use the ads as a way to help instead)

And for everyone else, when i was looking and Unrivaled Tang Sect that suddenly appear àt QI, i was surprised! I thought the case is the same as AGM and TMW, but then i saw the translator as Wuxiaworld so thought something happen. When i saw the review part, some people are saying that it was stolen and someone put the link of this thread there.

After reading this this thread, i was surprised and curious of what happened, so i went back to the UTS page just to find out that all the review that saying about the translation being stolen are deleted! Even the one that have a link to this thread.

To be honest, i don't know about no what to do with this drama, but i really want to help. So if this info could be use to feed the flame, please do so and help WW.

11. Frixx

Frixx Active Handsome Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Woah woah don't know whats happening.... My Sla- err friends can you summaries whats happening.... also can you grab a popcorn too?

TemporalandReaty likes this.
  12. mrttao

mrttao Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I don't think they win by default if they move abroad so long as WW files a lawsuit in the USA.
    Load of shit. can't you people go 5 minutes without shoving your political ideology into everything?

Last edited: Jul 26, 2017
  13. 1amdude

Reading List:
    Link
    hes here.thank god.

14. Deleted member 41274

Reading List:
    Link
    and he's back with a reply thread, take a good seat and get some @Popcorn

1amdude likes this.
  15. Mr.Demon

Mr.Demon Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm curious as fuck about chinese legal system
    Well, this was actually a good time for me realize that live without novels is not a big deal
    I'm certainly not paying for qidianmotherfuckers and if they win and monopoly the whole community I'm just stop reading

Tramsloof likes this.
  16. valdesaga

valdesaga [IDN] [7thMay] [V]aldes

Reading List:
    Link
    Just wanna posting new feature ~

lalala Untitled.png

Pretender, lemeck, Things and 2 others like this.
  17. Agame

Agame The Prinny Of Questionable Tastes

Reading List:
    Link
    Trouble arises in the Novel Translation Industry, for when all of a sudden Qidian comes back to cause more trouble for our Heroes, Ren and Wuxiaworld by announcing that they will dual-host with Wuxiaworld. But Ren can't let this happen, and so the Ultimate Battle against Quidian and Ren will begin to determine the fate of the future.
    Find out who will win in the next episode of Novel Updates Forum Z!

18. duralumin

duralumin Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I fully support this. This will be so lit

19. Tramsloof

Tramsloof Quarter Erudite

Reading List:
    Link
    Our community has always stood as one on the issue of rehosting translations, aka aggregating or stealing. We should all take a moment here and remember our XianxiaWorld Fellows.
    I had heard long ago that Qidian was welcoming Thieves and crooks with open arms and now it looks no different than those who joined it.

I would say that NU should not only stop all double links that go to both qidian and wuxiaworld but also ban qidian a as whole if not permenantly, then for temporarily and demand an official explanation. Why treat qidian differently than XanxiaWorld and the likes.

Sure Qidan could say it signed non-exclusive rights for the translation on wuxiaworld, but wuxiaworld doesn't agree to it. And it maintains that the rights were exclusive. Hence there is an conflict and until it is iaddressed n courts, qidian had no right to host these conflicted translations on its site.

TemporalandReaty, lemeck and anzuda like this.
  20. Jaded

Jaded Majoring in Erology

Reading List:
    Link
    Everytime you visit a aggregator site, you kill the translating community, not benefit it. And when I say TLing community, I don't just mean Qidian. I'm talking about the other translating groups as well.

When you visit Aggregator sites, you increase their traffic. Sites with more traffic become more visible on search engines. So the next time someone searches for (insert name of any novel) on Google, they'll find the link to the novel posted illegally on a aggregator site as well, right on the first web page.

Even if you decide only read Qidian novels on those sites, the increased traffic means other translators will suffer as a result of your stupidity.

You said that NU supports Qidian blah blah, which is why you feel offended. In your case, you don't support any translator. NU supports all TLors, and some of these TLors are like snakes(Qidian). And you...in the process of poisoning that one snake, you poison the others as well.

Every time I feel like a little stupid IRL, I just need to go online to find someone worse off. No prizes for guessing who I found this time.

kenar, SnowTime, Caudyr and 9 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.