Spoiler The Founder of Diabolism

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by kiara8, Mar 29, 2017.

1. Loverofanimeandmanga

Loverofanimeandmanga Equality doesn't exactly exist.

Reading List:
    Link
    @Rufi-sidd and @nejvi u both have good tast in anime! :blobsleepless: I binge watched haikyuu with only 1 hour sleep, in between each season :blobsweat_2: GO ME :facepalm: banana finish I stopped watching that on ep 15 :blobpensive: now ur telling me there’s a sad ending.:sweating_profusely:

2. LoveManga

LoveManga Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Chapter 108
    MTL Translation Chap 108 = Click
    More information here Directory Post

3. Jeonjkook

Jeonjkook 徐明浩我的男神

Reading List:
    Link
    Ahh thank you very muchh

nejvi, Fiorisi and LoveYou59seconds like this.
  4. Lycieratia

Lycieratia Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Hey guys, do you guys mind telling me your feelings on the smut in the novel? Especially incense chapters.

There are quite a few people who have expressed that they in fact hate the smut and that they believe is very OOC. So I would like to hear more opinions on the smut.

When I first read the smut, I thought it was fine? Like... I didn’t really think of the characters as OOC. The incense chapters were dreams and you can’t really control what you dream of. Whatever happened in the dreams never happened in reality. LWJ doesn’t rape WWX and he caters to WWX’s every desire. I admit he’s forceful when it comes to sex which is a factor to the dubcon vibes. But then WWX seems to give his consent and even enjoys the fact how he can make LWJ lose control. On the other hand, both of them might have a rape kink towards each other, so...

I don’t know anymore. I’m just curious on more opinions and how you guys feel.

5. Fiorisi

Fiorisi [WenNing's Waifu] [Chongy's Mum] ଘ(੭ˊᵕˋ)੭

Reading List:
    Link
    One of the members here had a link to a Chinese reader critiquing the "Incense Burner" chapters. It's in the directory if anyone's interested in reading the post it's this one, @Pinyau kindly summarised what the critique said and I wholly agree with it.

When I first braced myself reading the 1st part of the Incense Burner Chaps I felt like I had to drown myself in Holy Water LOL
    Anyways, personally, I don't think it was OOC?? I kind of like the Incense Burner it gave readers insight, a very steamy insight of what was going on inside Wangji's mind, dream mind.

Poor guy really had to hold himself back so it's no wonder his a beast.

But, just as it says in the Incense Burner Critique, it showed just how deadly serious Wangji was about his love for Wei. In that Wangji pretty much took in & applied Wei's every wish and desire, whether it was a joke or not, and he thought about all this from a young age. Geezus, Wangji! Do you have any idea how high of a standard you have made for every person out there?!! DO YOU?! I'm 4ever single.

6. Sauling

Sauling Wangxian[忘羨] is my Precious OTP ( ˘ ³˘)♥

Reading List:
    Link
    Am I the only one who refers to both Weiying and Lan Zhan as the husband and the father of the family??

Well I might be a Minor here but for me I refer to both Weiying and Lan Zhan as the husband (to each other) and the father to A-Yuan since they are both male and I don't see anything wrong with that on my end.

Last edited: Dec 21, 2018
  7. Nyann

Nyann Nyartist

Reading List:
    Link
    I tolerate d enough rape yaoi in my life... I didn't mind it because:
    * It was not real (thank God! It's one of the reasons I am grateful they didn't fuck earlier)
    * Wei Wuxian (present) was like "FUCK HIM HARDER!!!!":blobnosebleed:
    ... So imho, he is the first person in yaoi who actually admits he has a rape kink :blobwhistle:. And that he actually enjoys it. In another chapter was he not like (in present) "Force! Rape!" While pinning himself on lwj, but he was nuetral and totally allowing him to do whatever, then wwx was like "ugh! Why are u not reacting? Ok. Then you force/rape me"... But then yeah he too allowed him to do whatever without a protest.
    The only thing that slightly bothered me was not "pedophilia", "rape" or anything. But the lack of lubrication. Especially when 15 yo lwj "raped" 15 yo wwx. There was "prep", he fingered him, but no lube. I was a bit bothered the author has such unique ideas for smut scene... I guess lwj's organ was already wet enough to enter or smth, or he just couldn't control himself.
    I either call Wei Wuxian husband or wife. He says "it's your hubby!" To 17yo lz. But when giving him hard lwj asks "who's the husband?" He's like " its... it's,you!!! You are the husband". I guess in the first sense he meant just a male spouse, in the other he meant taking the role of the wife in bed. So yeah I call him both.
    However, as for lsz it's extremely awkward for me if wwx is called the "mother" his role isn't exactly motherly. He resembles more of a uncle to the juniors for me. Lwj is like a fatherly figure to lsz... But I dunno what to call wwx. He's very familiar to the Juniors, someone who even closer than mother and father.

8. Sauling

Reading List:
    Link
    I think the only smut that really bothered me was the Incense one when it was a dream envisioned in the dream world where young Lan Zhan and young Wei Ying had sex, because despite I do love them as my precious otp, but I can't rub off that feeling that it's rape in that scene, so that really bothered me, because it was OOC of Lan Zhan (in my eyes). Still, I didn't really take that at heart because I know it's only a dream, and this never happened in reality (thank god!!), and I do understand that you cannot judge one's actions for what happened in a dream, nor can one control their actions in a dream. So, knowing that, it didn't bothered me that much in the end, because I know this never happened in reality.

In reality, I don't see Lan Zhan ever raping Wei Ying, because I see their love, and the fact that they enjoy 'doing it' each time is mutual, and honestly, isn't it always Wei Ying that said something that lead to that situation in the first place? lol, so I can't really see that as rape, since like you said, I see that Lan Zhan does cater to Wei Ying's every desire, despite yeah, I agree too, he can be forceful but I do think that Wei Ying enjoys seeing Lan Zhan lose control on his end. To me, it does take deep analysis into reading the character emotions when these scenes happened, if the character itself, doesn't really get bothered by what happened, and enjoys it, then I can't really see it as rape myself. Rape is actually a word, I see that, it can only be rape when the other party actually honestly, didn't want to have sex, and really struggles out of it, but was forced upon himself and get assaulted in the end, but Wei Ying in the present, he never show me that expression where he actually doesn't want to have sex, because he did let Lan Zhan do whatever he wants with him, and he seems to enjoy it on his end, so I don't see that as rape on my end.

Aside from that, I haven't really read all the smut scenes myself, the only one I actually read was the one in Ch111 :blobnosebleed: and the Incense Extra, the present time when they did it, I don't see it as OOC (on my end). I'm actually hoping that in K Translation it won't be censored when there's smut in the later chapters, because I really want to read it from K's translations on my end :aww::cookie:

I see it more as a simple term that I call them both husbands because they are both male xD, I wasn't really looking too deep into that, but you have a point in the first paragraph there ~

The thing relating to LSZ, if say, LSZ sees Lan Zhan as a father figure, and Lan Zhan is married to Wei Ying, can't LSZ also see him as a father figure too? I mean afterall, before Lan Zhan and Wei Ying got married, long before this, LSZ did make a comment saying Wei Ying is similar to Lan Zhan (to him), and when either one of them is here, he doesn't need to be afraid of anything, and I liked that because you can really feel that kind of feeling when it comes to someone you feel close to. LSZ also said that the feeling that Wei Ying gives off is similar to what Lan Zhan gives off for him, so for me, I like to think/see that LSZ still refers to him as a father figure, I mean, no one said he have to only have one father, because there's nothing wrong with having two father. Afterall, I see that Wei Ying is closer to how LSZ sees him than just simply being an uncle. I see LSZ weigh the importance for both Lan Zhan and Wei Ying as equal, because they both did raise LSZ in the past, just different ways of raising him, but parents way of raising the child doesn't have to be the same (if that makes sense). As for the other juniors, yeah, I have no trouble thinking they see Wei Ying as an uncle/mentor/senior but not LSZ since he's in a different category (in terms of family).

Oh nice, thanks for the link. I agree with this on my end too!

9. Loverofanimeandmanga

Loverofanimeandmanga Equality doesn't exactly exist.

Reading List:
    Link
    Well u have a mighty imagination :blobnosebleed:I didn’t even think I was just like, this is so HOT!!! :blobnosebleed: and nothing bothered me.it was love not rape:blobneutral:shhhh don’t look at me like that :blobwoah:So nothing bothered me! :blobnosebleed: :blobowoevil_horns:*Cough* brother poor is what he is LOL :blobjoy:

10. LoveYou59seconds

LoveYou59seconds Hanannananannannnannannananananannaannananana

Reading List:
    Link
    Ooh, I haven't watched banana fish yet :cookie: Thanks for the post:aww:
    Oh shoot:blobfearful: I promised myself to watch season 3. Aish, there's so many anime/manga/manhua/manhwa/BL to read and watch:blobwoah: I seem to regret two years abstaining BL and anime:blobsob:
    Well I just call Wei Wu Xian as wifey and Lan Wangji as a hubby but I didn't seem to take it quite seriously....

Hmm Wei Wu Xian seems not a typical wifey for me. There's still trace of masculinity in him with playfulness in his personality. Sometimes I feel Lan Zhan seems to have more wifey personality than Wei Wu Xi'an [probably his caring attitude, I think?] ...hmmm...Oh well, I don't know. I guess I am more preoccupied by the whole story rather than who's the hubby or who's the wifey.

I think I'm more focused at the lovers in general like how will meet again; what will become of their relationship if Wei Wu Xi'an is in the body of Mo Xuanyu; and etc. I guess that's what I see at myself at the moment

[I haven't finished reading the MDZS. I limit myself from reading spoilers. So I think I may clearly answer that question when I fully read them. In that way, my whole opinion about these couple will be expressed at a clearer view]

I think it's quite difficult for someone to control one's dream. But I think that dreams reveals what "below (beyond idk?) the tip of the iceberg" of Lan Wanji's consciousness.

So my reaction is like, MEH.

Well certainly, Lan Wanji's quite out of character in that dream [hmm I think it's more of his nighmares lol]

But after experiencing weird dreams all the time as a human, I conclude..."We are always out of character" when we have dreams and even in our nightmares. Just tell me, who's the human here who can manipulate their own dreams and nightmares? lol

Well. Rather than feeling troubled by the rape scene, I think I am more focused on what these two lovers shared and that's enough for me. I mean, I always admire lovers that gone through best of times and worst of times.

But Lan Wanji had it the worst. [I feel like crying when I remembered Lan Wangji's face in the last episode of the donghua; the moment he asked Wei Wu Xian to return to him in the cloud recesses. Like Damn you, Wei Wu Xian! You lucky, brat!]

@Sauling I guess it's pretty normal that you feel that way because those are your own feelings [You know, feeling bothered about the rape scene]. I kinda admit, I can read all BL but I can't stomach BL with canniballism [Oh god no :blobdead:]

Edited

11. SummerForest

SummerForest Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Sauling, I agree with you here. We have discussed it before, haven't we?
    Wei never appeared to be a female to me. The way he cares about WangJi is a man's attitude towards his mate. Same is true about WangJi.
    Of course, it's my personal view.:)

12. Fiorisi

Reading List:
    Link
    In a family setting, I tend to call Wei = Papa, Wangji = Daddy
    My friend's version is: Wei = Baba, Wangji = Papa

I'm not misunderstanding the question, am I? :blobsweat_2:

13. Sauling

Reading List:
    Link
    Rape does bother me, but in the end I was fine with it since this was a dream and not a reality, so I didn't take that seriously and it didn't bother me on a personal level like I said in my previous post.

I remember I once made a post in here a while back that I believe why Lan Zhan had that dream is triggered by what Weiying said in chapter 111 to him and now when I read that post that @Fiorisi shared earlier, I guess it's not all wrong, because I do agree with it. We all know how much Lan Zhan loves Weiying, and I do strongly believe that Lan Zhan wish to fulfill every desire for Weiying because he loves him so when Weiying was saying "that" in ch.111, I believe this is what triggered and gave Lan Zhan these suggestive dreams which we see in the Incense extra, in the Gusu Lan library when that happened (Like bringing them back to when they were younger, just like what Weiying said to Lan Zhan, why didn't they did it back then in ch 111). Well my opinions anyways.

14. Sauling

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeah we did talked about this previously and I agree with you here :)

Haha that's okay, as long as you see them as both male to the family then you get my point that I'm trying to make :blobsweat: but whats the difference between Papa and daddy? :blobwoah: aren't they the same? :blobsweat_2:

15. Fiorisi

Reading List:
    Link
    Regarding this, I just remembered there was an extra (According to MTL) where Wei pounced on Wangji and said "I'm gonna rape you" but seeing as Wangji wasn't going to react/push/struggle him off he then said "Aw, this isn't fun if you don't act your part. Oh! I know! How about you pretend to pounce on me instead?"

So, with the idea, if Wangji did was OOC then I have to say no it isn't because it's what Wei wants. It's basically sex play, we should all understand by now WangXian's sex life is Wei coming up with a bunch of weird as ideas & Wangji of course happily obliging cuz he can never say 'no' to Wei.

I swear WangXian is the most experimental couple amongst MXTX's children, I feel tremendously bad for Shen Qingqiu cuz Binghe is a complete newb in bed hahaha!!!

Oh, I just call them that for less confusion cuz if I think of A-Yuan addressing them both as Papa I can imagine them asking "Which Papa him? or me?" LOL

Sandu, K.san, LoveManga and 6 others like this.
  16. SummerForest

Reading List:
    Link
    When I read about that rape-in-the-library dream scene from Incense Burner Extra I was quite curious. No, it never appeared to be rape to me, for in the reactions of young Wei there were nowhere the fear, hatred and antagonism that are inevitably associated with the reactions of a rape victim.
    Rather, it appeared to me to be a forceful intercourse among two lovers who were somehow at odds at that time and settled the issue among themselves with a display of personal violence.
    Friends! Please do not think that I support marital rape or violence in a conjugal relationship. That is an entirely different issue.
    What I wanted to say is that if one partner is too frustrated or suppresses too much within themselves, such forceful and unwelcome display of love and ownership is not quite impossible.
    This may be the case with WangJi.
    Still, this is only my personal opinion.:)

17. LoveYou59seconds

Reading List:
    Link
    @Sauling Well, I already know that you didn't take the rape personally in these scene because it's a dream. But what I meant to say is that, I think it's okay for you to be bothered with rape. Only about rape. I am also bothered by BL with cannibalism too. I guess it's my fault that my message is interpreted that way.

Oh well, I guess I have to wait for K's translation of Chapter 111. It seems that I jumped out of conclusions without anything to verify about what triggered Lan Wangji's dream.

Edited

18. SummerForest

Reading List:
    Link
    http://froliczxc.tumblr.com/post/177285752291/nsfw-spoiler-魔道祖师-原版mo-dao-zu-shi-original
    http://froliczxc.tumblr.com/post/177241813621/spoiler-魔道祖师-mo-dao-zu-shi-the-grandmaster
    Here are the links to some translations of Chapter 111.
    Enjoy them!
    They are actually good. You will find other goodies there, too!

19. LoveYou59seconds

Reading List:
    Link
  20. SummerForest

Reading List:
    Link
    You are welcome, friend! I really didn't think that there is any MDZSian who hasn't read translations of those chapters, or I would share them long ago.
    @Fiorisi, do you have these links in your directory?