Spoiler I Became the Ugly Lady

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by Rin.rinaaa, Nov 23, 2020.

1. Rakshanu

Rakshanu Immortal Ero

Reading List:
    Link

all I'll say is really learn to read the subforum rules you are posting in, before trying to be smart and moral policing others https://forum.novelupdates.com/threads/discussion-in-spoiler-threads.113527/

If you can ignore rules, we sure as hell can ignore these posts

2. Blisfulloblivion

Blisfulloblivion Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I don't recall anywhere saying she had freckles. They did mention her having bad skin and eating lots of greasy foods. The manwha also showed the spots on the sides of her face and not the cheakbone area where freckles are more common. I think she was supposed to be fat with acne.

That said I see your arguments and agree. Especially for a story that deals with appearances its a little boring to have her rushed to pretty. Would have been nice to have at least a few chapters of her with her original appearance and proper cultivation.

The shedding fat doesn't bother me since its a super common chinese cultivation trope but even that was super rushed. Usually it takes a few days for even a genius to reach a breakthrough where the body expels impurities. She did it all in a single sitting on her first try with no aids.... would have made more sense if it happned after getting the herb since it increases mana breathing by 4x.

3. Rakshanu

Rakshanu Immortal Ero

Reading List:
    Link
    Well could be acne, freckles was first thing came to mind on her dotted skin.
    Cultivation logic is that OG sylvia was gathering mana for many years which FL accidentally releases (and prolly some boost due to otherworldy soul) and body reconstruction starts.

But seriously, they could have kept her slightly chubby instead victoria secret model waists and curves.. or atleast keep skin as it was..
    smh
    I became the unlucky lady would be more fitting.

Th.ay likes this.
  4. Helerya

Helerya Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    on this note, the title "i became the ugly duckling" made more sense. don't know if she still is treated as the "ugly lady sylvia" afterwards or not, or maybe the ugly part is a comparison between the sisters.

5. Rakshanu

Rakshanu Immortal Ero

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeah ugly duckling fits the part of her outcasted within her own family

Paris_Eve, girrlit and Korleone like this.
  6. yforever125

yforever125 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    All manhwa, whether they have European/victorian inspired setting or not, draw the girls/FLs with an unrealistically small waist. It's more due to the beauty standard in asian countries rather than the context within the fictional world. But I still agree with you that tightlacing is really harmful and dangerous for noblewomen in stories like these.

Also,
    I LOVE THAT YOU SAID THIS!! I always had a feeling the title was off but you opened my eyes.

Angelai and Ashlesa like this.
  7. Helerya

Helerya Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    well, i bought the official version on tappytoon, and it does say "i became the ugly duckling". at least a title such as this makes sense to the reader.

daviemae, Th.ay, its0k and 3 others like this.
  8. insert_username

insert_username Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Oof I wish the ml was the spirit dude idk I just ship them :( but ima see how this goes :-/

9. neotheo82

neotheo82 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I don't know if anyone noticed, but while i was searching for spoilers, raws of the novel and manhwa/manhua/manga, this book has other titles such as Became the Ugly Princess; and The Ugly Became A Princess. So my conclusion on who the ML is... It could be the Crown Prince instead of Theve the Knight

reizleigh likes this.
  10. Bobaaaa

Bobaaaa Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I don’t really think the crown prince is the ml, usually daughters of a duke household are referred as princess‘s too :hmm:

11. Rakshanu

Rakshanu Immortal Ero

Reading List:
    Link
    Ducal households are made of people who were in line of royal succession but did not win, aka these are people of royalty from blood. So they are referred to as prince/princess aswell.

12. koukia

koukia Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    So I edited the Spoiler Curator for those who don't want to look through the pages and I hope I didn't miss anything! I'll come back and check every once and a while to add more spoiler links if there are any but if others want to edit it please do so by following the link on the post!

reizleigh, Alniyat, daviemae and 10 others like this.
  13. Bella94

Bella94 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    you should read the novel.. The novel give you more feels and blood pressures.. I feel like I want to kill Mary something and her whole family tbh.. It piss me off

reizleigh, watha2 and Th.ay like this.
  14. Rakshanu

Rakshanu Immortal Ero

Reading List:
    Link
    I really really hope Tev is the ML, because I love the dynamic between him and FL. Sylvia really cares about him and was aghast when he was hurt/fainted.
    Also good guy joseph , I loved the chapters last page where He was kneeling down holding hand/pinky swearing OG sylvia, She looked so happy to have someone care for her/ believe in her.

15. AerynJay

AerynJay Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Just to make sure, Tev is actually male yeah? I really thought he was a she for a moment there. Also this story really gave me the feels with that melting fat scene :D
    Thanks for the spoilers, everyone

Angelai, reizleigh and sets_trans like this.
  16. Rakshanu

Rakshanu Immortal Ero

Reading List:
    Link
    Tev is a male, yeah

reizleigh, ariane09 and AerynJay like this.
  17. evilkyoot

evilkyoot Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Hi guys, I'm back! Hope everyone had a wonderful holidays. I'm gonna give you guys as much chapter spoilers as I can, but I'll go from Chapter 17 because that is where Tappytoons is RN. I'm going to do a summary instead of a bubble by bubble MTL.

Let me know which format you prefer; summary will be faster than bubble by bubble MTL.

***PLEASE SUPPORT THE AUTHOR AND ARTIST BY PAYING FOR CHAPTERS***

Sylvia runs into Eileen in the library and Eileen is very excited to see her sister so she runs to her and drops a book. Sylvia catches it and it turns out Eileen is studying to enter the prestigious Central (I think) Academy. Eileen looks nervous to tell Sylvia about it because I think any mention of the Academy makes her upset but instead Sylvia pats her sister on the head and tells her that she will do well and to study hard!. Eileen thanks her sister

As Sylvia is walking she thinks about the Academy and how hard it is to get in, but it was no big deal to the Atlante family. Her eldest brother Daniel was a legendary student, Cedric graduated with outstanding grades, and even Eileen, the youngest, would attend for sure. And then, OG Sylvia who wasn't able to enroll/ attend so it must have been painful for her. Sylvia remembers that OG Sylvia attended school (I'm not sure what school tbh) late as a Spiritist and she couldn't get along with the other students or fix her bad habits. On the other, if you attend the Academy a bright future is guaranteed because it guarantees status, maybe even a title, a stable job. Sylvia decided that she will also enroll to the Central Academy.

She runs into Tev, who is heavily bruised. She asks him if he's okay and if he should already be moving around. And he says he lost even though he promised to win. He apologizes to Sylvia but she just corrects him and tells him that he didn't hear because he passed out but that Sir Joseph had admitted the he lost. Tev says that wasn't the victory he wanted because Sir Joseph just stood there and watched but he promises that he will never lose like that again. He says 'I promise to become strong and I will keep my promise to be your security guard.' Sylvia confirms his promise. Tev says he will go back to the Training Centre to train and Sylvia is upset because he's still injured but he's already training? She knows the the Knights of Atlante are strict but to be trained when he is still recovering? Sylvia is worried Tev is being bullied because she brought him from the streets. so she goes to the training centre to check and she find some of the knights crowding around Tev and yelling at him.

Last edited: Jan 15, 2021
  18. evilkyoot

evilkyoot Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Give me feedback about how you want the spoilers!

As always ***Please support the author and artist by buying the webtoon chapters; this is officially licensed by Tappytoon!***

Sylvia is about to protect Tev as someone is yelling at him but stops when she realizes that the knights are actually simping over him . They're very proud at how much he's improved in such a short time and they were just very excitedly asking him to show them his sword wielding. Sylvia is relieved that he's doing so well and that she didn't really have anything to worry about.

Sylvia is preparing to go out disguised to sell some spirit stones than she created from her mana (in this world natural gem stones are powerful but rare so most magic devices use man-made spirit stones created from mana. The purer the mana, the better the stone). Sylvia dressed up as commoner and Belle starts to stop her, but as-is Sylvia's way no one can really stop her lol.

She walks to the town but realizes how bad her stamina is (I mean, she spend most of her days lounging around yeah ?) She runs into a little little girl selling flowers and she buys a bunch but gives her more money so that the little girl can direct her to a magic shop.

The little girl takes Sylvia to the biggest magic store and she is greeted by the (totally skeezy) owner. She tells him she wants to sell something but he says no in a round about way. He says he doesn't recognize her and he's never dealt with her before so there is a procedure for her to sell something. Sylvia asks what the procedure is and the owner says because it's so complicated and cumbersome he doesn't buy most things because even after the procedure if they buy something and it doesn't sell then it's the store's responsibility. Sylvia realizes that the store owner won't deal with her because of what she is wearing (there are people dressed fancily in the store) and she doesn't want to deal with a store like this so she goes to leave but as she's leaving this owner has the AUDACITY TO INSULT HER. Wondering out loud why beggars/peasants are daring to enter his store lately. I think he's saying something about getting a security guard to stop them? (Y'all, Sylvia DESTROYS HIM. I can't wait to tell you about it.)

19. Rakshanu

Rakshanu Immortal Ero

Reading List:
    Link
    ayye thank you, the current format is gucchi, we get to know it clearly. Hype~

reizleigh likes this.
  20. Rakshanu

Rakshanu Immortal Ero

Reading List:
    Link
    Man I absolutely love the manhwa art, it is so unique and mixes the cuteness and sexiness of characters so well.
    Irene looks hella cute while sylvia in todays chap looking like a real temptress
    Garter belt with thicc thighs? Hell ya
    Tev u lucky bastard

reizleigh likes this.