Spoiler Elixir of the Sun / The Lord of Sun / Master of the Sun / 태양의주인

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by Macarol, Dec 15, 2020.

1. Ahriyonahime

Ahriyonahime Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    In what I've read so far in the novel, it's actually unclear if he's had sex with all of them. Yes, he does kill all of them, but he probably has slept with a few of them before they're sacrificed during the Red Night. He only kills them during the Red Nights when he goes mad from the curse. Remember, ML only goes mad occasionally and it's implied that they are concubines when they aren't being used as sacrifices.

From what the reviews say, the illustrations are in the middle of each novel.
    Edit: I just skimmed through all the novels on Ridibooks myself and didn't see them, let me ask my friend to check what's up since their Korean is waaaaaay better than mine. They could be an exclusive which would suck because that would mean the completed e-novels on Ridibook don't have access to them, but another seller does.
    Edit 2: They're a BookPal exclusive with an illustrated cover according to the novel artist's Twitter. The original novels on Kakao and Ridibooks don't have them. (https://novel.bookpal.co.kr/) Sigh I already bought the novels from Ridibooks so I don't want to buy the same novels again even if the illustrations are extremely beautiful and tempting.

FL's blood is explained in the first few chapters by her mother in Elste's spoiler, and it's the only explanation we get.
    Her blood has what is described as "chaotic energy" that if she doesn't control by either cutting and letting it pour out of her OR going to a lake with a full moon, it could kill her. She basically needs to do this every 28 days more or less. There were other options too, but her mother explains that those options not only didn't work (cause both her powers and chaotic energy were just too strong), but they would also prevent them from being able to stay together as a mother and daughter. This is also why she told MC about the moon lake option before her 18th birthday. Her blood is at its strongest before she turns 18, hence why she was kept alive so that all the people in her village could use her blood to make their own healing powers stronger. However, her blood stops boosting their powers after she turns 18, which is why they were planning to kill her afterwards before the option to send her to the Emperor showed up.
    ML's condition and its cure are also explained by the myth, there's nothing else to it afterwards.

So MC is still pinned to the floor by ML and she's blushing. ML is holding her hands down and leans down to bite/lick her ear (the SFX say lick but the illustration looks more like a bite).
    MC: "Your Majesty! Please don't lick my ear!"
    MC then thinks: Just like I thought, he is a monster! On that day he attacked me, and I fell for it again today!
    ML then leans in and whispers into her ear: "I'll let go if you tell me the truth," he leans back, "Have I had your blood before?"
    MC: "Yes, yes you have! You drank so much last time that I thought I was going to die!"
    ML: "Did you know that madness flows in my blood?"
    MC: "Yes, I knew that!"
    ML: "A few days ago, during the Red Night, your blood calmed down my madness, but only for 3 days."
    MC then thinks He drank so much and it only worked for 3 days?!
    ML: "On that night, how did you manage to survive and escape from me?"
    MC is sweating and looks away: "Well... I'm really fast... I escaped after I came up with a distraction."
    ML: "Didn't you distract me by hitting me in the head with a rock?"
    MC is shook.
    ML: "It's fine when we're alone, but you shouldn't hurt my body in front of others."
    MC: "... I have to be alone with you? For how long?"
    ML smiles and says: "Every day from now on."
    ML then leans forward and kisses her on the cheek while MC blushes.

We then switch over to where Su Yeon is waiting for MC. She's worried since it's taking MC a long time to come back out from the meeting, and she wonders if something has happened to her. The Head Court Lady then approaches her and Su Yeon asks her why she isn't inside with the MC for the meeting she called. Head Court Lady says that while she did call for MC, the person inside actually talking to her is the Emperor. Su Yeon then freaks out and says MC hasn't done anything wrong and if she could please go into the meeting since something might happen. Head Court Lady then asks Su Yeon why she didn't tell her that MC was from the Shiyo Tribe but had dark hair. Su Yeon apologizes. Of course, the Head tells Su Yeon she understands why but reminds her that even though she's supposed to care and protect the concubine she's meant to serve, her priorities first lie with the Emperor. She then tells her not to make the same mistake again. Su Yeon realizes what that means and the Head tells her to continue serving MC since she's a brave person, and that she thinks that the palace will finally be free from all the bloodshed and killing. The Head Court Lady then leaves and MC appears trembling. Su Yeon asks what happened since her hair is undone and her shoes are missing. MC then says, "That... that monsters..." which shocks Su Yeon and the people within earshot. Su Yeon shushes her and asks the servants that heard to go get her shoes. The Emperor appears and says, "That won't be necessary." Everyone but MC immediately bows down.
    ML: "You left without your shoes. Or do you not want them?"
    MC: "Then give me them."
    ML: "You'll wear them?"
    MC: "I don't need to wear them."
    Everyone around them is shook and Su Yeon whispers for her to please be more respectful.
    MC: "Fine, but I still want them back. Put them on." She then extends her foot out for him to put them on her.
    ML: "You're telling me to lower myself? I can't do that, but come here."
    MC: "I'm sorry what-"
    ML smiles then lifts her up into a bridal carry and carefully puts her shoes on like that while she holds onto his neck and blushes. He puts her back down.
    ML: "I can accept that you're this bold in front of me, but don't just take your shoes off anywhere. Understand?"
    MC: "...Yes."
    ML: "Should I take/carry you back to your room?"
    MC looks away: "...That won't be necessary."
    ML: "Can you walk?"
    MC: "Of course, I walked over here in the first place."
    ML: "So tomorrow when you come to visit me in my office, should I send a palanquin for you?"
    MC then looks back at him and blushes: " ... That would be alright."
    ML laughs: "Alright, understood!"
    Everyone is shook at their whole conversation. ML then leans forward and says: "See you tomorrow" and kisses MC on the cheek. All the servants, who are still on their knees on the floor, are in shock and thinking how the hell did this happen??!

Last edited: Jan 13, 2021
  2. -NEAR-

-NEAR- ฅ^•ﻌ•^ฅ

Reading List:
    Link
    Have u used bookpal? If so, how do u pass Adult Authentication without Korean phone number as a foreigner? Cuz for ridibooks u have to send a pic of ur ID/passport/etc.

I wanted to read the novel but I wasn’t gonna buy it but I caved in when I found out it also had illustrations so now I’m kinda bummed out that it didn’t have it on ridibooks which I thought it did :/

Also, I can’t read the book on the ridibooks site & it takes me to the app instead so I can’t use google translate. I could scan it with the camera and all that to read but that’s so much work:blobunsure: just wanna MTL on the site.
    I checked out some of the free chapters for other novels in bookpal & I could read it on the site & mtl. Is it like that for all novels or does it make u download an app too?:blobwoah:

AnaJulia likes this.
  3. Ahriyonahime

Reading List:
    Link
    For the first question, I have no idea. I used to live in Korea and my friend still does, so I use their phone number to authenticate if I don't already have an account with my old phone number. I think it's possible to do the same thing with BookPal as Ridibooks though if you ask on their 1:1 help page and/or email them.
    Yea, I was under the same impression that the illustrations were in all the novels. Didn't know until now that it was an exclusive bonus of buying them from BookPal.
    There's a thread on here somewhere on how to MTL on Ridibooks, although I think the general recommendation was to read it on your phone where you can copy and paste the text. Edit: Found it: https://forum.novelupdates.com/threads/trying-with-the-program-to-read-from-ridi.89696/
    I'm not 100% sure about the last question but I'll check if it's possible after work on the first novel.

Last edited: Jan 13, 2021
    -NEAR- and karls like this.
  4. Marwa_lay

Marwa_lay Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Does anyone know spoilers about his other concubines?
    I wonder if they're gonna try to cause trouble for her

Moonie-light likes this.
  5. i_am_here

i_am_here Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Oooo Thanks!
    Where did you get the Illustrations and are these the complete images are have they been snipped?

AnaJulia likes this.
  6. -NEAR-

-NEAR- ฅ^•ﻌ•^ฅ

Reading List:
    Link
    The novel with illustrations is an exclusive bonus buying from Bookpal. These images were snipped. I just found them online looking for the novel in Korean.

i_am_here likes this.
  7. mixordia

mixordia Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Probably.. it’s so cliche in manhwas :blobuwu:

8. i_am_here

i_am_here Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    What do I have to search to find them?

Last edited: Jan 20, 2021
  9. Ahriyonahime

Reading List:
    Link
    It's on the novel artist's, RoGer, official twitter account: https://twitter.com/i_roger_i/status/872772273517715456
    The official, full-size images are only available if you buy the novels from BookPal.

ML kisses MC on the cheek and tells her that he'll see her tomorrow. All the servants around him are wondering how did it get like this before the scene flashes forward. The servants are all gossiping about how the Emperor has fallen so hard for a woman that he even put on her shoes for her and was publicly affectionate, and they all hope that his madness is finally gone. The scene changes to where MC is back in her room with Su Yeon. Su Yeon is lecturing/scolding MC about how she warned her about court mannerisms and how she should have watched her tone back with the emperor, etc. MC says "But the monster didn't seem to mind..." and Su Yeon yells at her again not to call the Emperor a monster. MC says she will be more careful for now as long as Su Yeon stops lecturing her, and Su Yeon apologizes especially since a handmaiden shouldn't be lecturing/scolding a consort, but MC says it's okay cause she's obviously just worried about her. MC thinks how it's obvious from Su Yeon's face that she's just upset and worried, just like the people who helped her get to the palace from her village. Su Yeon is obviously a good person and she appreciates her caring about her without getting anything in return. MC then tells Su Yeon that ML won't do anything to her, and Su Yeon is confused. MC tells her that she can stop the Emperor's madness.
    Su Yeon: "Seriously?!"
    MC: "Yep, I also didn't that know, but that's what he said. It's why he didn't stop looking for me these last few days. It seems that drinking my blood not only stops his madness but makes his pain go away."
    Su Yeon: "His pain??"
    MC: "You didn't know? He told me that his pain just keeps growing and growing until it makes him go crazy like before."
    Su Yeon: "Oh my god!" (Or "Heavens!", however you wanna translate it) Su Yeon then thinks this is why the Emperor appeared so gentle around MC, and why the Head Court Lady said that the days of all that bloodshed could finally end. She then hugs MC and exclaims, "Your Highness!" while MC hugs her back.
    MC: "I had just calmed him down when you were scolding me back then too"
    Su Yeon: "The fact that he is attracted to you is something to celebrate!"
    MC: "It's not like he is attracted to me per se ... I'm his subject and for now it's obvious that my blood is useful to him."
    Su Yeon: "That's true..."
    MC: "I'm only using my blood to stay alive. So from now on in exchange for my blood, I can continue living without worrying about dying. But even with just that I am happy. Since I can't die, and I will do everything possible to not die."
    Su Yeon then thinks: what does this mean, since it doesn't seem like she's just scared of death ... but it's true that she's only been given a special position now because of her blood, and the Emperor isn't someone to be that simple... on the contrary, it wouldn't be weird if he didn't treat her like anything special and only called for her to drink her blood whenever he wants to... having seen how cruel he's been with all the previous concubines until now, it's entirely possible. However, the Emperor was publicly affectionate towards her, and there's no one in the palace who doesn't know or understand how significant that is ... except for Her Highness Bayan. She then facepalms herself and cries internally since MC is so clueless. From now on, many types of people are going to want to have a good relationship with her, and I'm sure the visits to her palace aren't going to stop now, ugh, how could Her Highness be so unambitious? No, wait, if His Majesty places Her Highness into the position of Empress... That's right! He'll take responsibility for her past and help cure her sleepwalking! (She means every time MC sneaks out to go cleanse herself in a full moon lake, she gives Su Yeon the excuse that she was sleepwalking.)
    Su Yeon: "Leave it to me Your Highness!"
    MC: "Eh? Leave what?"
    Su Yeon: "I'll make sure that you'll get the position of the Sun's Eclipse!" (She means Empress but I guess in this empire the Empress is known as an Eclipse)
    MC: "I don't know what you mean... but okay!"
    Su Yeon: "Yes trust me! I'll show you the way! So from here on out, we'll put a pause on learning the alphabet!"
    MC: "What? But we just started!"
    Su Yeon: "We'll learn the ways on how to attract the Emperor instead!"
    MC: "Eh?!"
    Flashforward to the morning of the next day and MC is getting ready to see the Emperor. Su Yeon makes her brush her teeth twice, put on many lotions and perfumes, and makes her put on makeup. MC thinks that the Emperor probably doesn't care about these things, and while Su Yeon goes off to get ready herself, MC thinks how her mom probably knew she was going to meet the Emperor here and that him drinking her blood would calm her chaotic energy just as well as a full moon lake. She also thinks how the man she dreamed of before is identical to the ML, and that her mom probably knew that too, and that it's probably why she also insisted on having talismans on her pillows to ward off any "bad" dreams. She then thinks: what did my mom want to do exactly?
    The scene flashes forward again and both MC and Su Yeon are in the palanquin.
    MC: "The Emperor's office seems really far away"
    Su Yeon: "Usually the place where the Emperor rests is in the centre of the Imperial Palace"
    MC: "It was a good idea then to ask for a palanquin"
    Su Yeon: "Normally not just anyone could ride in the Emperor's Palanquin, only royalty. So you should thank the Emperor for this, understand?" MC makes a face and looks out the window.
    Su Yeon: "Your Highness! You have to be really careful this time! As I've explained many times before, the palace is a battleground for people that want power! And it's a fact that you're now in the centre of it! From now on you'll meet many people that will want to follow you, but also just as many people that will envy you! These people will look for any opportunity to harm you! Which is why you have to be careful, understood?"
    MC: "Yes, I understand..." she then looks outside and "Wow look at that! There are flowers growing on top of the water!"
    Su Yeon: "Yes, they're called blue water lotuses. The Byeokpo lotus flowers are the pride and symbol of the Imperial Palace!"
    MC: "Byeokpo?"
    Su Yeon: "It's another word for a blue pond."
    MC then remembers asking her mother where she would find a lake that reflects the full moon, and her mother then told her that she would be looking for a blue pond. MC then thinks: so this is the blue pond that mom was talking about?

Last edited: Jan 20, 2021
  10. Weird_girl

Weird_girl Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Where is chap30? Does anyone know if it came out or not?

11. Caroline_24

Caroline_24 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Yes, it came out yesterday. From what I've understood Bayan wants to make the emperor help her taking revenge on the village she grew up and treated her badly.
    After that we see the emperor and I think his advisor talking about the concubine who got the last number, which seems to be some kind of princess from Raon, a country very difficult to approach. I didn't quite understand all the political aspects and the stuff about the nobles, but I think they are hoping to get rid of all the corrupt nobles and put instead capable persons.
    While they are talking, Bayan arrives and she goes directly to the emperor and grabs his hands. He says "It seems you have something to tell me..." and she interrupts him and says that it's true. He smiles and asks her to come close and Bayan goes and sits in his lap, thinking it's safer in case the dark guards appear again. She then says she wants to ask him for a favor. "I want you" or something like that. The emperor is puzzled and asks "What did you say that you want?" and she replies "Your highness", "Give yourself to me". ( hope that was the meaning )
    I laughed so hard at the end cause I am sure he will misunderstand.

Tofufufu, AnaJulia, smeilia and 30 others like this.
  12. Caroline_24

Reading List:
    Link
    And of course he misunderstood! Both the Emperor and advisor remained surprised and quiet after hearing Bayan's request, so she starts thinking that maybe she said something wrong. The emperor is amused though and agrees to give himself to her and then he asks something to the advisor, but I didn't quite understand. I think he told him to clear his program for tonight because he will go visit her to "merge" or something. Obviously Bayan doesn't know what is the meaning of it, but later when she is in her palace and her maid is preparing her she finds out. It was cute cause she was thinking "I wanted your power, not your body", but her maid is happy cause the Emperor favours her and gives her advices on how to behave. The Emperor arrives at her palace and he's surprised by how simple and modest it is when all the other concubines only tried to showcase their wealth. He wonders if Bayan will still remain innocent after the nobles will start to fill her with treasures and attention. It ends when he enters the chamber to meet her, so till next week we'll have to endure to see what happens next.

13. Caroline_24

Reading List:
    Link
    Bayan is in her chamber, waiting for the Emperor while trying to remember all that her maid taught her about etiquette. She is nervous and looks at the bottle of wine and recalls that Suyeon, her maid, told her that if both drink from the same bottle of wine it wouldn't be as a concubine, but to become the woman of the Emperor ( I am sorry if I didn't get it right ). She thinks that up until now she only wanted to find a way of surviving, not to become a couple. She only wanted to have a friendly relationship, where she would give him blood and he will give her power. "Would have been better to be honest and tell him to help me with my revenge?" she wonders, but then she thinks that she can't trust anyone, because everyone acts in their own interest. While still thinking of her revenge, the Emperor enters the chamber. She bows and greets him, but he stops her saying to rise up because from here on she doesn't need to abide to the etiquette. "From here on? Then this means this will repeat?" Bayan thinks. She tries to get up, but because she was sitting for so long, her feet are trembling and falls in Taemu's arms. He smiles and says that then they should sit down together. He then asks her to serve him the wine and while she is pouring the wine in the cup, she is embarrassed and trembling. She stares at him while drinking the wine and notices his lips became red from the wine. "You can lick if you want." She gets flustered and Taemu says she was staring so much that he thought she wanted to lick them. She says it's not like that and starts trembling again. He asks her why she is trembling so much and where is the woman who said that wanted so badly the Emperor. She is being honest and tells him that what she meant before wasn't to spend the night together. "I already knew that..." thinks Taemu, but still asks her what she meant then. Bayan replies that she wanted his power. He is shocked and asks her if she wanted to be the Emperor. Now is her turn to be surprised and says it wasn't that, but then pauses, not knowing how to convey her intentions. She finds it hard to express herself and thinks she should have studied more. "Because I wasn't educated, I can't express myself well... that's why I hate being incompetent." She tells him that no matter how frustrated she was by how she was treated, because she didn't have strength, she had to keep quiet; that no matter how hard she tried to rebel, the others didn't pay her any attention and that is why she only desires the power ( strength ) to give them back what they did to her. Taemu listens to her quietly and thinks that being born as a dark Shiyo wasn't easy for her and he can understand her since he too lived a similar life. He recalls that when he was young, because of his red eyes the previous Emperor didn't like him and while the other princes were educated in politics and military, he was only taught the empire language. Besides, once he was taught a letter, they wouldn't repeat it. Everytime that happened, the feet of the eunuch teaching him were hit till they bled. He was always treated badly and if he didn't manage to control himself, they were mocking him by saying that even though he has Taemu's blood he can't endure that. While thinking how to make them pay for that, he endured and got to where he is now. He looks at Bayan with a sad expression and tells her she doesn't need to explain anymore, because he understands. Bayan is happy and says that since he understands, there is no need to spend the night together. He says he won't cancel it and Bayan asks him why. He also asks himself why is that because in all his life he didn't desire to held a woman in his arms. But now it's different, he doesn't want to leave her, so he says "Because I want you." He touches her lips with his fingers and she blushes. "Are you trying to seduce me?" Bayan gets flustered and says that she doesn't even know how to do that. It's only that she feels strange, she feels something like a tickling... "I don't understand what this feeling is. Do you know?" she asks Taemu, but he answers that he doesn't know, that for him too this is the first time, that she's his first.

Last edited: Apr 22, 2021
  14. Caroline_24

Reading List:
    Link
    Not much to write about chapter 33, but it definitely was a feast for my eyes. They shared a cup of wine together or better said Taemu drank and after he kissed her. This time the kiss was gentler and Bayan remembered the first time when he kissed her and was so rough. After more kissing, Taemu lifts her up and takes her to the bed, where they kiss again and he says that he wants her. He starts taking his cloths off, revealing a body full of scars. Bayan is shocked seeing all those scars and instinctively reaches out her hand to touch him. She suddenly stops when she realizes what she's done and says she's sorry, but Taemu gives her permission to touch him. She touches his chest and his abdomen, making him really flustered. It was so cute seeing his face all red! He pushes her down and starts kissing her on the neck ( it seemed so to me ) and we can only imagine what they did next.
    Here you have some pictures from the chapter:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

15. Na_Haruka

Na_Haruka Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Where can i read the novel ?

AnaJulia likes this.
  16. LazyHahah

LazyHahah Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Did Bayan get her revenge in the end?

17. SoShy

SoShy Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
  18. Creolenerd

Creolenerd Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Is there revenge? Like they kill everybody

AnniePoo, Liliss and Blisfulloblivion like this.
  19. mixordia

mixordia Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    From what I saw of spoilers posted here the novel is R18?!? In the last chapter of the manhwa there wasn't smut scenes .. will these parts be cut?

AnniePoo likes this.
  20. Caroline_24

Reading List:
    Link
    Some spoilers from chapter 34 ( if there are some misinterpretations, sorry! )

Bayan is dreaming she's resting on her mother's lap and she is patting her head. I think her mom says something that she already grew so big and she should get a husband, but Bayan is crying and saying she wants to stay forever with her. Her mom slaps her and says she can't always stay with her and that she shouldn't cry always and try to smile more because the world is not all bad. She turns around as she wants to leave, but Bayan hugs her and tells her to remain with her. Her mom glances at her and I think she says "Open your eyes" and she disappears.
    It is already morning and Taemu is putting on his clothes while thinking that Bayan surely sleeps a lot, but he smiles thinking that they were up till dawn. Bayan talks in her sleep, calling her mom and crying. Taemu tries to wake her up by calling her name and holding her in his arms. Bayan opens her eyes and she is startled seeing that Taemu is so close and yells something like "I can't do this anymore". Taemu tries to calm her down saying that he will not do anything to her anymore and after that he kisses her tears away.
    He says that in the afternoon he will send the palanquin to her, but Bayan asks him why and he responds "Didn't you say you wanted my strength?". She is very happy to hear that and asks him how he will help her, but Taemu says that he will tell her when she comes to him in the afternoon. He sees that the marks on her neck and chest haven't healed and asks her how come since earlier she healed so quickly. She tells him that the day after she bleeds, she heals slower. He asks if this happened when she was in her village too and Bayan says that usually she was bedridden for 3 days. He then says to her that she should rest and eat well and asks for a kiss. When Bayan gets closer to kiss him, they hear someone coughing outside. It seems it is one of the Emperor's attendants, waiting for him to go to a meeting.
    Later, we see Taemu in his office with all the members of the council I think, reading some scrolls and getting angry cause all say the same thing. He asks the people present who he is and they reply "You are the Sun Emperor... ", but he replies something like "I see. I thought I was a stallion." The members say that the problem of making a successor is the most important now and beg him to sleep with the concubines.
    I hope that was correct and didn't misunderstand.

Last edited: Apr 22, 2021
    AnaJulia, saphhh, toneta and 37 others like this.