Comments on Profile Post by Wujigege

1. CDLevit
    CDLevit
    Jan 2, 2017
    Wujigege likes this.
  2. CDLevit
    CDLevit
    The books is interesting, but, I think that, in a way, it has something to do with how the MC sees and perceives sex and sexuality. Even the reviewer says that that book isn't a guide to a fulfilling love life. In the end, having sex can be either a good way for someone to feel better - release & hormonal cause, either a way to 'search' his/her sexuality.
    Jan 2, 2017
    Wujigege likes this.
  3. CDLevit
    CDLevit
    I think that sex, in itself, isn't bad. But, there are people that 'jump' on the idea that having sex = being an adult. I think that that's wrong.

Should I rant more?
    Jan 2, 2017
    Azure Blaze and Wujigege like this.
  4. Wujigege
    Wujigege
    Go on, I am thinking of starting a r̶a̶n̶t̶ blog section on my website and have guest bloggers. You are welcome to rant :thumbsup:
    Jan 2, 2017
    CDLevit likes this.
  5. NZPIEFACE
    NZPIEFACE
    Do you... Even get th chance to say 'Yes' to naked women in th first place?
    Jan 2, 2017
    Wujigege likes this.
  6. Wujigege
    Wujigege
    @NZPIEFACE No comment haha but that isnt the point of the book. the point is that he was lacking in one area of his life like most of us and tried using naked women to fill the void and failed
    Jan 2, 2017
  7. NZPIEFACE
    NZPIEFACE
    So it's a book about how someone is 'above' being laid?

Not that I can't see it actually happening to some people... But I call bullshit
    Jan 2, 2017
  8. CDLevit
    CDLevit
    ... That killed my joy:|... Anyway, there was a topic on NUF where I've found few interesting opinions on this subject. What's interesting on that book is the fact that, in the end, the MC has to compare his experiences with two sources of notions: social ones (where, usually, having sex is a must) and that of that Chassid.
    Jan 2, 2017
    Wujigege likes this.
  9. CDLevit
    CDLevit
    @NZPIEFACE - you've missed the whole point of that book. But, I think that you didn't even bother to read that summary. Shame on you!
    Jan 2, 2017
    Wujigege likes this.
  10. Wujigege
    Wujigege
    Jan 2, 2017
  11. CDLevit
    CDLevit
    Here, I'll quote it for you: " I enjoyed reading about the Chassid’s immersion therapy techniques, and recognized the narrative therapy methods employed to help Jack rewrite his own story and take control of his life."
    Jan 2, 2017
  12. CDLevit
    CDLevit
    "He begins to feel accepted by others, and understands what it takes to have a healthy and fulfilling relationship; knowing that the sexual fantasies and flings of his past were just a repeat of the anger and confusion he felt as a child. "
    Jan 2, 2017
  13. CDLevit
    CDLevit
    The first post of NZPIEFACE. @timbone, why do you want to read that book? Maybe that will explain things to me and NZPIEFACE.
    Jan 2, 2017
  14. NZPIEFACE
    NZPIEFACE
    Read the summary. Misleading title.

And how did he get laid so often that he managed to get a sex addiction?
    The whole point of the book is that he's really nsecure, right?
    Jan 2, 2017
  15. CDLevit
    CDLevit
    "Tired of meaningless flings and constant feelings of misery and self-doubt, Jack wants to figure out why he’s never been able to find a stable, loving relationship, and why he never feels good enough for anyone. He asks himself: “Why is there a throbbing hurt inside me that never leaves?”
    Jan 2, 2017
  16. NZPIEFACE
    NZPIEFACE
    ....huh
    Jan 2, 2017
  17. CDLevit
    CDLevit
    Yep. I think that he was insecure. In a way, he tried to find fulfillment in such actions. The act in itself isn't wrong, what's wrong(?) is the value that he gives to it. I think that the whole idea is explained in the book. Beside that, the summary points out that the cause of his insecurity was caused by his education; better said, the lack of a good and healthy education.
    Jan 2, 2017
    Wujigege likes this.
  18. Wujigege
    Wujigege
    @CDLevit The year is still fresh do not allow anything to kill your joy. I was searching for "exhausted man" and it came up in search results. It was serendipity. There is a line from the book in a google preview when he or his wife said that something about feeling exhausted
    Jan 2, 2017
    CDLevit likes this.
  19. CDLevit
    CDLevit
    I see. Like @Azure Blaze said.. we can choose not to give value to the 'new year' as, in fact, there's no new begining. In a way, that's appliable to me.

I also find interesting books when I search for images for my avatar.
    Jan 2, 2017
    Wujigege and Azure Blaze like this.
  20. Wujigege
    Wujigege
    Personally I disagree. I believe that we cannot control what others say or do but we can control our reaction. A positive reaction while not ignoring an issue is important. I had a not so good day but I deliberated on it, focused on the positives, scolded myself for overreacting and planned how to prevent such from happening in the future
    Jan 2, 2017
    CDLevit likes this.
  21. CDLevit
    CDLevit
    That's a good thing to do. I'll try to @ you to that conversation.
    Jan 2, 2017
    Wujigege likes this.