Comments on Profile Post by Ken The One-Eyed Suicidal

1. Eternal Liar
    Eternal Liar
    *sigh* I'm kinda getting tired of answering this question. Think of it as belonging to an organisation instead. No matter how you put it people are always categorised into groups. You're not going to be the only person who's alone. By that definition, there will be other people who are also alone. So if you define them globally around the world you get the forever alone group.
    Oct 1, 2017
  2. Eternal Liar
    Eternal Liar
    The Forever Alone Sect operates on the same principle.
    Oct 1, 2017
  3. Ken The One-Eyed Suicidal
    Ken The One-Eyed Suicidal
    Oh, ok. People essentially alone but classified in a group instead.
    Where do I sign to join in?
    Oct 1, 2017
  4. Ken The One-Eyed Suicidal
    And seriously, I'm getting kinda scared of playing Doki Doki Literature. It's not everyday that you get four warnings about disturbing stuff in the start of an apparently fluffy game. Also, it is tagged as "Psychological Horror" in my country on Steam so it gets even worse. But well, I'm curious so off we go.
    Oct 1, 2017
  5. Eternal Liar
    Eternal Liar
    Tch, you found out. Well what I told you was true anyways, the poems are really beautiful, just that it isn't all of it. . . . .
    Oct 1, 2017
  6. Ken The One-Eyed Suicidal
    *game presents you two alternatives: "I love you." "You'll always be my dearest friend."*
    Ha... Hahaha.... Hahahahaha.... *weakly smashes head in the wall*
    This hurts man...
    Oct 1, 2017
    Eternal Liar likes this.
  7. Ken The One-Eyed Suicidal
    WHAT THE FUCK?!
    Oct 1, 2017
  8. Ken The One-Eyed Suicidal
    "You left her hanging this morning." - Monika.
    What in the fuckest of fucks...
    Oct 1, 2017
  9. Eternal Liar
    Eternal Liar
    Wait don't bash Monika yet, she's actually the best girl here. Wait for it !
    Oct 1, 2017
  10. Eternal Liar
    Eternal Liar
    Like out of every heroine, she seemed to be the most real person who cares for you
    Oct 1, 2017
  11. Ken The One-Eyed Suicidal
    It's looking hard bro.... "Don't forget to save your game before important decisions." "Huh? This isn't even about writing. What am I saying~." "So what Monika told me is true after all." "Oh, I probably know more about it than you do."
    I think the game wants me to start calling her "GM" now.
    Oct 1, 2017
    Eternal Liar likes this.
  12. Eternal Liar
    Eternal Liar
    Yes but there are good reasons for why she says it, it all makes sense in the end, which is why this game is so good.
    Oct 1, 2017
  13. Ken The One-Eyed Suicidal
    I went full Yuri-route last time but I don't even know anymore... What horrors will await me now?
    Oct 1, 2017
  14. Eternal Liar
    Eternal Liar
    You can only go Yuri route, if you try to go Natsuki they still redirect you back to Yuri. But you get some extra scenes if you try going Natsuki.
    Oct 1, 2017
  15. Eternal Liar
    Eternal Liar
    Also going back to the same route provides more information in the 2nd playthrough.
    Oct 1, 2017
  16. Ken The One-Eyed Suicidal
    "BUT BECAUSE THE WORLD IS FULL OF HORRIBLE PEOPLE AND WE'RE WORTHLESS ANYWAY."
    Oct 1, 2017
  17. Eternal Liar
    Eternal Liar
    That came out of nowhere huh
    Oct 1, 2017
  18. Ken The One-Eyed Suicidal
    Many things came out of nowhere.
    Like spending the weekend with a corpse.
    Like a daddy who is too tired for anything.
    Like Monika and my mouse looming over her option regardless if I wanted it or not.
    Like Natsuki's letter.
    Like the stains in Yuri's letter... And I'm not talking about the blood ones.
    Like many, many things...
    Oct 1, 2017
    Eternal Liar likes this.
  19. Ken The One-Eyed Suicidal
    Hahaha... It stated my true name.... Hahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhshasdjad.
    Oct 1, 2017
    Eternal Liar likes this.
  20. Eternal Liar
    Eternal Liar
    Well did you try deleting Monika's character file then continue the game?
    Oct 1, 2017
  21. Eternal Liar
    Eternal Liar
    To achieve the ending, delete her character file while the scene of her in the looped room is still running. Then come back to her scene and keep playing.
    Oct 1, 2017
  22. Ken The One-Eyed Suicidal
    I kinda thought of that but the hesitation wouldn't let me...
    Oct 1, 2017
    Eternal Liar likes this.
  23. Ken The One-Eyed Suicidal
    Seeing everything without Monika is sadder than everything without any of the other girls. What the hell?
    Oct 1, 2017
    Eternal Liar likes this.
  24. Ken The One-Eyed Suicidal
    This is sad. Not creepy, not unsettling, just sad.
    Oct 1, 2017
    Eternal Liar likes this.
  25. Ken The One-Eyed Suicidal
    So, Shujinko-san (or Shu, for the sake of keeping it short) was someone who knew Monika in the real world and this triggered her President Perception once he entered in the club. Monika was already half-aware that the world was a game and his arrival just concretized it..
    Oct 1, 2017
    Eternal Liar likes this.
  26. Ken The One-Eyed Suicidal
    The game is the only way she has of interacting with him, but she seems like a third-wheel in the script, in a way that he almost never interacts with her because she's not supposed to be a catch target. She, with the new perspective of the world, slowly starts to see him as her only light, seeing as everyone she knows (only the club, everyone else is faceless) do not have any kind of free will.
    Oct 1, 2017
    Eternal Liar likes this.
  27. Ken The One-Eyed Suicidal
    So, falling in love with him, she starts to attempt at making him notice her, continuously, through many loops of seeing the script go in the way of other girls and restarting of the game. She starts to slowly become desperate and numb of their interactions in the club, so much that she finally starts to try and manipulate things her way, going as far as messing with the script.
    Oct 1, 2017
    Eternal Liar likes this.
  28. Ken The One-Eyed Suicidal
    This backfires with Sayori's suicide (I'll just assume she would probably restart the game and delete Sayori's character if I made Shu accept her confession. If not, correct me please. I have no way of finding out as the saves were all deleted and Monika was not going anywhere after that, apparently).
    Oct 1, 2017
    Eternal Liar likes this.
  29. Ken The One-Eyed Suicidal
    Then, it just goes downhill after that. Sayori's character ends up deleted, just as Yuri's (will get to her now) and Natsuki's too. The process for this to happen hurt Monika even more than she already was and then the "You and I alone in the world" scene happens, in an ever-repeating loop of a scene that goes on the classroom.
    Oct 1, 2017
    Eternal Liar likes this.
  30. Ken The One-Eyed Suicidal
    Then you delete her character, then she restores the game in a way that she is not present, then Sayori shows yandere vibes, the game is terminated and her real voice appears (I had to tear myself away from my laptop after that, but I don't think there was anything important after that sad track.
    Oct 1, 2017
    Eternal Liar likes this.
  31. Ken The One-Eyed Suicidal
    If there is though, I'll come back here to correct whatever is wrong when I read it). Shu's perception of the game is cut short, and he ends up with the real contact of Monika.
    Oct 1, 2017
    Eternal Liar likes this.
  32. Ken The One-Eyed Suicidal
    Was this how you perceived the story? (take note that I didn't read Natsuki's extra scenes but I just assume if there really was a route for her, her insecurities would be toned up to the level of an unfortunate suicide... Again.)
    Oct 1, 2017
    Eternal Liar likes this.
  33. Ken The One-Eyed Suicidal
    Also, I have an impression that Yuri is a real person too. I mean, there are lots of metaphors tying to her character, and I think there is a visual one and a poem that hint at this theory. When she goes crazy, sometimes her eyes become deformed and moving, looking like real ones peering through a drawing.
    Oct 1, 2017
    Eternal Liar likes this.
  34. Ken The One-Eyed Suicidal
    Also, her awareness of something that happened in a timeline that Monika erased and the "Daddy" poem that comes out of nowhere in one of hers and Monika's freak out. I couldn't find a way to tie that poem to Monika's character, and I could easily see Yuri's self-harming disorder resulting out of neglect.
    Oct 1, 2017
    Eternal Liar likes this.
  35. Ken The One-Eyed Suicidal
    And as there are no backstories on the game, that would indicate she was a real person gaining awareness of the situation before Monika cut her character short after the weekend-suicide.
    Oct 1, 2017
    Eternal Liar likes this.
  36. Eternal Liar
    Eternal Liar
    Ah, the notes about the father is actually Natsuki's, if you played her route you could have figured that out easily. Only in the first run, you can't enter her route on the second run.
    Oct 2, 2017
  37. Ken The One-Eyed Suicidal
    Oh really? So, going by this, I have enough to suppose that every member of the club is a real person. Shu by his past with Monika. Monika for obvious reasons. Natsuki for having something that resembles a backstory. And Yuri for getting close to perceive what the situation was.
    Oct 2, 2017
  38. Ken The One-Eyed Suicidal
    What do you think about this? I mean, my whole view in the story. I want to know yours too, if possible.
    Oct 2, 2017
  39. Ken The One-Eyed Suicidal
    Also, another mistake I noticed in regards to the daddy part. That was not Yuri's writing style, that was clearly something Natsuki or Sayori would write, and seeing as Sayori was deleted...
    Oct 2, 2017