1. Naraku
    Naraku
    Huh~ From Debussy or Beethoven~?
    Dec 20, 2017
  2. Ken The One-Eyed Suicidal
    Dec 20, 2017
  3. Ken The One-Eyed Suicidal
    Ken The One-Eyed Suicidal
    It just... Carries you along through the notes. It's still as smooth as the first time, and I have already listened to it for a pretty long while.
    Dec 20, 2017
  4. Naraku
    Naraku
    Hm, well smooth sounds aren't really my thing, but I remember that I loved listening to Bethoven's version when it was night, because it felt relaxing~
    Dec 20, 2017
  5. Ken The One-Eyed Suicidal
    Beethoven's is heavier, it brings your attention to it, it impacts you front-first. You hear the notes pounding on your ears and your mind starts to wander... While Debussy's affects your mood, it changes you and the world you're looking at without warning you, without your awareness or consent. While Beethoven's pulls you down and orders, "Listen to it."
    Dec 20, 2017
  6. Ken The One-Eyed Suicidal
    @Naraku I see... Well, it's difficult for me to choose one XD They're both fitting depending on the circumstances. Also, depending on the person and how they interpret it too. I like to observe the differences between POVs, specially regarding music. For example, I don't find Beethoven's exactly relaxing, I think it's there to impact you, and even so I completely understand the thought of relaxing to it at night.
    Dec 20, 2017
  7. Naraku
    Naraku
    Well, to be honest, it's probably because I am quite weak to "fierce" songs, so one who is like you said "ordering" like Beethoven fits my tastes better, and about Debussy's affecting the mood, I think I can agree, to me, it's trying to accentuate your current mood, to make it more "visible"
    Dec 20, 2017
  8. Naraku
    Naraku
    unlike Beethoven who seems to "intensify" it instead, to try making it more... not violent but similar in another way... I don't find the word xDD

On a side note, damn characters limit Q.Q
    Dec 20, 2017
  9. Ken The One-Eyed Suicidal
    Haha, well I understand that feeling quite well XD I'm often victim to the 420 characters counter... It's quite depressing to have to cut your message in two or three when on the cellphone.
    Dec 20, 2017
  10. Ken The One-Eyed Suicidal
    It's interesting the way you look at those two... For me it seems like I really can't do anything else besides listening when Beethoven's comes. I try to grasp every note, try to imagine a scene to it, a story behind. But when Debussy's comes... Well, I listen to those characteristic first five notes and I'm already sucked in XD Can't even remember much of the music after that
    Dec 20, 2017
  11. Ken The One-Eyed Suicidal
    It's like a dream... When the song ends and you look back, you only remember the feeling. Not the notes.
    Dec 20, 2017
  12. Naraku
    Naraku
    Personally I have no troubles remembering the song as longnI hear the start, though it will only last for two minutes then i will just hum back right from the start xDD
    Both are interesting because they give a different feeling, Beethoven more feel like a sort of tragedy to me while Debussy is more like a mystic ballad in the night, at least that's how I picture them ^^
    Dec 20, 2017
  13. Ken The One-Eyed Suicidal
    Yeah, that's exactly how I picture them too XD
    Part of why I said that I always try to craft a story to Beethoven's. Because it reminds me of a tragedy, Shakespeare maybe, he is a master of those after all, but overall it's just that feeling of "This is a tragedy."
    Dec 20, 2017
  14. Ken The One-Eyed Suicidal
    While Debussy's just resonates with me, it takes me in a valse I don't know the steps of, yet I dance perfectly nonetheless. It's like a peaceful yet strong tide that takes me along without leaving any afterfeeling, any marks. When it stops, I can't remember the steps anymore.
    Dec 20, 2017
  15. Naraku
    Naraku
    Hmm... Shakespeare is a master of both tragedy and comedy but about what I know, he loved mixing both of them... Anyway, if I had to precise more about what I though abiu Debussy version, it would be that's it's like how is "dying"
    Dec 20, 2017
  16. Naraku
    Naraku
    A journey without return, yet it still peaceful because there is no use to dramatize it since it's natural.
    A last journey.

Perhaps, it's more like the last wishes ? At least, I portrayed like this in my head. Something you won't understand except by experiencing it, maybe the idea about death was a bit too extreme though.
    Dec 20, 2017
  17. Ken The One-Eyed Suicidal
    Yeah, the peaceful journey without return resonates with what I imagined... Because there's no way to dance again a dance you never knew in the first place, right? There's no way to have a dream like this twice... Something like that. Maybe death is one of the extreme forms of this feeling. You just found it first.
    Dec 20, 2017
  18. Naraku
    Naraku
    Never thought I would have tried to think this deeply about a song xDD
    That's a first for me ^^
    Dec 20, 2017
  19. Ken The One-Eyed Suicidal
    Hahaha XD
    I'm glad I was part of this experience of yours then.
    Is it a good feeling? Or a bad one? When you think so deeply about a song.
    Dec 20, 2017
  20. Naraku
    Naraku
    It was a good one otherwise I wouldn't have wrote all of this ^^
    I mean, trying to understand something that have so many interpretations feel fascinating specially when you share your opinion ^^
    Dec 20, 2017
  21. Ken The One-Eyed Suicidal
    Well, completely agree ^^
    I'm specially glad that I've been a part of a good experience then.
    Nice to meet you, I'm Ken.
    Dec 20, 2017
  22. Naraku
    Naraku
    Ah right xD *should present himself*
    Nice to meet you, I am Naraku~
    Often active in the community role play and recently in profile posts~
    Dec 20, 2017
  23. Ken The One-Eyed Suicidal
    Well, I'm not as active as I was before, I use this forum more for PMs, but I hope we bump into each other once again in the future. XD
    And I also hope that the conversation will be as interesting and fulfilling as this one.
    *shakes your hand*
    Dec 20, 2017
  24. Naraku
    Naraku
    That's a shame,

I hope for exactly the same ^^
    *shakes hand*

Though I hope we won't bump into each other when I will be playing 21 dares xDDDD
    That would be quite awkward but fun xD
    Dec 20, 2017
  25. Ken The One-Eyed Suicidal
    Hahaha, well, I don't hope for the awkwardness too
    XDDD
    The fun is welcome though
    Dec 20, 2017