Comments on Profile Post by Ddraig

1. Ddraig
    Ddraig
    (Welcome) is me checking out the new feature and kinda making the conv not so public
    Mar 5, 2018
  2. Ddraig
  3. MangoGuy
    MangoGuy
    I recognized it about a year ago and mentioned to tony. As all of the reviews were still credited to me in my user profile, we just dropped it.
    Mar 5, 2018
    Ddraig likes this.
  4. MangoGuy
    MangoGuy
    And I don't understand the welcome ()
    Mar 5, 2018
    Ddraig likes this.
  5. Ddraig
    Ddraig
    Writing welcome in uppercase makes the profile post not appear in the new profile posts and the log
    Mar 5, 2018
    MangoGuy likes this.
  6. MangoGuy
    MangoGuy
    Holy shit!! You know your tech!! I can now use this when people ask for homework questions...
    Mar 5, 2018
    Ddraig likes this.
  7. Ddraig
    Ddraig
    And looks like I just did something useless than...
    Mar 5, 2018
  8. Ddraig
    Ddraig
    Nah just added by tony a few days ago, i found it as i got tagged on westeller's profile
    Mar 5, 2018
    MangoGuy likes this.
  9. MangoGuy
    MangoGuy
    Not useless. Every bug has to be eventually fixed. Back then, we were working on the tag defs and stuff, so this was sidelined.
    Mar 5, 2018
    Ddraig likes this.
  10. Ddraig
    Ddraig
    A way to fix this would be to make a uno., essentially a new uid that lists people without the bug, after which uid can be removed, for checking duplicates, tony must have a name change log or we can compare results on search on nuf using it
    Mar 5, 2018
  11. MangoGuy
    MangoGuy
    I am not a tech guy, but I understand that a name change means a different number assigned to you...he will have to make a system where a changed number means the number used in the past should also be changed. To the ordinary me, this seems to be a lot of work.
    Mar 5, 2018
  12. Ddraig
    Ddraig
    There are just about a 100000 accounts here, small enough that a system change wont make a huge problem. Plus you have a way that can easily get the duplicates that even i can access from my phone.....moreover this would even maintain the ascending order of registration while solving the bug quite easily.
    Mar 5, 2018
  13. Ddraig
    Ddraig
    This could be implemented in the next nu/nuf goes offline for sometime update if it is a big deal @Tony
    And this is even easier if tony just has a name change log
    Essentially while it appears a big deal, it is not a hard task
    Mar 5, 2018