RTS likes this.
  2. Bad Storm
    Bad Storm
    Lol, can't it be bed?
    Jul 16, 2018
    RTS likes this.
  3. RTS
    RTS
    "If you think you can't do it, then don't. But if someone else doubts you, then do whatever you can to make that jackass eat his words." ←I live by this motto. It's a bit paradoxical, I know. It sometimes gets me in trouble, I know.
    Jul 16, 2018
    Bad Storm likes this.
  4. RTS
    RTS
    Yet, I can't help myself. So...today a guy stepped on my reverse scale, and being the kind of dragon (or rather a jerk) I am, I went overboard at the gym just to prove him wrong. Aannnd surprise, surprise, I totally regret my folly.
    Jul 16, 2018
    Bad Storm and Effugium like this.
  5. Bad Storm
    Bad Storm
    I never expected such foolishness from you
    Jul 16, 2018
    RTS likes this.
  6. Willheim
    Willheim
    Doesnt seem to me, there is nothing paradoxical about it xD
    Jul 16, 2018
    Bad Storm and RTS like this.
  7. RTS
    RTS
    I know. Me neither. I mean, no one does, considering the kind of individual I am. Everyone has their flaws. Guess this could be counted as mine.

Not that it doesn't have any pros. I get to see the looks of amazement on people's faces, which is just priceless. Not to mention, I learn a lot in the process of proving them wrong.
    Jul 16, 2018
    Bad Storm likes this.
  8. RTS
    RTS
    @Willheim, those two sentences do contradict each other, imo. Anyway, I guess I will be waking up with sore muscles in the morning.
    Jul 16, 2018
    Bad Storm likes this.
  9. Bad Storm
    Bad Storm
    Nah, it's okay. I kinda understand the exhilaration of proving people wrong. It happens to be one of my hobbies.
    Jul 16, 2018
    RTS likes this.
  10. RTS
    RTS
    Glad to see we share the same hobby, fellow Daoist :D
    Jul 16, 2018
    Bad Storm likes this.
  11. Willheim
    Willheim
    I thought a paradox forms when is a two way contradiction but those 2 sentences seem like the later contradicts the first one jajajaj
    Guess im the only one that doesnt rush to prove people wrong here xD
    Jul 16, 2018
    RTS and Bad Storm like this.
  12. Bad Storm
    Bad Storm
    It's a troublesome one, I must say *sigh*
    Jul 16, 2018
  13. Bad Storm
    Bad Storm
    Ehh? I see it as a two way contradiction, though... Hmm...
    Jul 16, 2018
    RTS likes this.
  14. RTS
    RTS
    Yes, you are not wrong, but the meaning of paradox is not limited to just that, @Willheim. It is a statement that appears to be self-contradictory or silly, but which may include a latent truth. Aaannd it is also used to illustrate an opinion or statement contrary to accepted traditional ideas.
    Jul 16, 2018
    Willheim and Bad Storm like this.
  15. RTS
    RTS
    Although paradoxes in literature are often less about logical conundrums and more about illuminating meaning, I guess that doesn't make much of a difference. In my case, my first sentence betrays my unwillingness to do something out of my capability. But the second sentence indicates the opposite.
    Jul 16, 2018
    Bad Storm likes this.
  16. Willheim
    Willheim
    Ahhh its like this
    "I dont eat hamburgers because i dont like them, but if you put chesse on it i'll eat it"
    Jul 16, 2018
    RTS likes this.
  17. RTS
    RTS
    "I don't do what I think I can't, but if you challenge me, I will."
    Jul 16, 2018
    Willheim likes this.
  18. BB_Tensei
    BB_Tensei
    I must apologise for my imagination, my good friend, but I just pictured the gym scene as a bollywood action movie one. :XX
    Jul 16, 2018
    RTS likes this.
  19. RTS
    RTS
    You are forgiven, my good friend. I know what may have led you to imagine that scene, assuming you are under the impression I am an Indian, which I am not.
    Jul 16, 2018
  20. BB_Tensei
    BB_Tensei
    What is an indian anyway? Don't all gyms contain indians nowadays? Doesn't this affect the genre and origin of gym scenes anyway? :D
    Jul 16, 2018
  21. RTS
    RTS
    It all comes down to what you consider to be the origin of gym scenes. And to answer your first question, Indians are some kind of advanced extraterrestrials, or so I have heard. Anywho, it's good to see you are back.
    Jul 16, 2018
  22. BB_Tensei
    BB_Tensei
    That's Indo-Europeans, actually. Kind of how East Asians are humans not evolved from apes.
    Jul 16, 2018
  23. RTS
    RTS
    Might be. I have not researched much on this topic. The only thing I know is, that the early form of the gym first came into being in ancient Greece.
    Jul 16, 2018
  24. BB_Tensei
    BB_Tensei
    Well, I wouldn't call that a gym, but the practice of training for sport did occur there first, as far as has been documented.
    Jul 16, 2018
  25. RTS
    RTS
    Yeah, that's why I called it an early form. They were used more as a preparation for military service or spectator sports.
    Jul 16, 2018
  26. BB_Tensei
    BB_Tensei
    Which is healthier for spirit, mind and body than gyms, I'd imagine. Just bashing at machines for muscle doesn't feel as motivating and cultured, as task oriented training and actual sports. :D
    Jul 16, 2018
    Bad Storm likes this.
  27. RTS
    RTS
    And this is where callisthenics comes into play. It's an excellent way to start if one just wants to achieve a fit body, and acquire a good control. Plus, it costs you almost nothing if you want begin your training. Though, one downside to it is that you cannot achieve a body like those who have worked hard in the gym by lifting weights and such.
    Jul 16, 2018
  28. BB_Tensei
    BB_Tensei
    A gym body is an ephimeral prize for an ascetic lifestyle, ultimately. It is my personal observation that a body forged through a craft, sport, or art would hold out longer than one merely crafted out of a training regime. The body simply adapts better this way, and would seek out improvement and homeostasis, instead of stressing out from an ever higher load upon itself.
    Jul 16, 2018
    RTS likes this.
  29. BB_Tensei
    BB_Tensei
    Admittedly, most people cannot afford to spend too much time on forging a good body nowadays, what with 2/3 of the time being spent sleeping and working in an office, so I'll admit gyms are a good alternative.
    Jul 16, 2018
    RTS likes this.
  30. RTS
    RTS
    Yet, in the end, that's only your observation. For some, a body forged through weighting lifting, pulldown and bench press exercises and etc, might be a more perpetual form of physique. What works for one may not work for another. Thus, seeking out other alternatives is not bad, I say.
    Jul 16, 2018
    Tramsloof and BB_Tensei like this.
  31. RTS
    RTS
    In our era—which happens to be blighted by procrastination—gym does not only offer results quicker than that of through sports, craft, and art, but also provides them with a good environment to perform their workouts in. In fact, it's a place which offers people an opportunity to be more socially active by interacting with new people, thus, forming new contacts.
    Jul 16, 2018
    Tramsloof and BB_Tensei like this.