2. Little Evil
    Little Evil
    "Ooh, you are so right..."
    Said this while I spoke of diving \o/
    Are you a diver?
    Sep 8, 2018
  3. Claire Lilly
    Claire Lilly
    Ahh, I commented @Moonpearl‘s comment: "I think a holiday from Earth would be nice...“. But yes, I do go diving in holidays, but not very often.
    Sep 8, 2018
  4. Little Evil
    Little Evil
    Ooh, scuba diving?
    Or regular one?
    Sep 8, 2018
  5. Claire Lilly
    Claire Lilly
    Scuba diving, but it has been getting difficult for me, because of my panic attacks.
    Sep 8, 2018
  6. Little Evil
    Little Evil
    \o/
    Scuba diving with light gear is the best.
    Why panic attacks tho?
    It's so calming underwater.
    Sep 8, 2018
  7. Claire Lilly
    Claire Lilly
    Haha, 'light' eqipment, I can't really say that... I was never diving with light eqipment, but in complete gear. And it was really heavy, at least on land.
    Since some years I have panic attacks and the last time I was diving (even though it's calm down there, you are right), I got one, although it was a very small one, but I had the feeling I would drown, so I immediately got out of the water.
    Sep 8, 2018
  8. Claire Lilly
    Claire Lilly
    Anyways, I haven't been diving anymore since then, it was a really scary feeling and because of this I just couldn't get enough motivation to try it again... (I was really lucky that at this moment I was just around 10m deep and not more.)
    Maybe someday...
    Sep 8, 2018
  9. Little Evil
    Little Evil
    Yup, full gear is really heavy...
    Climbing ships ladder with all that weight is so much pain.
    Did you try solving your panic attacks if they are like that?
    Psychologist can be surprisingly helpful with stuff like this.
    Sep 8, 2018
  10. Little Evil
    Little Evil
    Or maybe try in shallow waters few times.
    That way if you get panic attack, you'll be out fast.
    Sep 8, 2018
  11. Claire Lilly
    Claire Lilly
    Walking from the beach to the water also isn't easy...
    And yes, I did try to solve this problem, it's gotten much better by now, but sometimes there still comes a more or less heavy one. At least I've gotten so far with my training, that no one notices I'm having a panic attack.
    Sep 8, 2018
  12. Claire Lilly
    Claire Lilly
    Ahhh, man... I really wanted to dive with my father through the underwater cave system 'St. Catedral', or how it's called (because it reminds one of a large gothic church in it's structure). But unfortunately that's now out of the question.
    Sep 8, 2018
    Little Evil likes this.
  13. Little Evil
    Little Evil
    Try smaller oxygen bottle?
    You won't last as long, but its much easier carrying it around \o/
    And dive with someone you know and let them know if you get attack under water, he/she will help you.
    Sep 8, 2018
  14. Little Evil
    Little Evil
    Yeah, cave diving is dangerous even under normal circumstances...
    Sep 8, 2018
  15. Claire Lilly
    Claire Lilly
    Oh, I never did dive alone, I was always together with other divers, like my father for example. The first (and also last) time I had a panic attack, I was so fast out of the water, that no one had gotten a chance to help me and I was too scared afterwards to continue the diving trip, so I was waiting on the beach.
    Sep 8, 2018
  16. Claire Lilly
    Claire Lilly
    I only know this cave system from special diving books and from what my father told me. According to him, it's a large underwater cave with holes, where you can see the sun shining down (nice effects underwater). And it's structure apparently is befitting of it's name, but in some parts it's quite dark and there are rarely any fish. My dad wasn't alone diving there either, too dangerous, even if it's not very deep.
    Sep 8, 2018
    Little Evil likes this.
  17. Little Evil
    Little Evil
    It's dangerous to dive alone, tho I like it the most.
    Also, only ppl I know who died diving died in duos so I guess it makes you do more dangerous stuff anyway :P

Anyway, its pretty sad you don't wanna dive anymore.
    It's the best thing I ever did.
    Sep 8, 2018
  18. Claire Lilly
    Claire Lilly
    I just checked in the internet, the diving place is called 'La Catedral de Gran Canaria' (sorry, my mistake, but it has been quite some time since then). You can google for pictures, there is even a rough map of it.
    Sep 8, 2018
  19. Little Evil
    Little Evil
    Sounds beautiful.
    And if its spacious and with a lot of visibility, you probably could dive there too, no?
    Just stay close to the top where you can get to surface quickly.
    Well, not quickly enough to die from decompression.
    You need to rise slowly :P
    Sep 8, 2018
  20. Claire Lilly
    Claire Lilly
    Well, maybe I will dive someday again, but the vacation got so expensive and diving always takes a full day at least, so the few days I was there, I always tried to enjoy my vacation with other stuff.
    Sep 8, 2018
  21. Claire Lilly
    Claire Lilly
    Even though Gran Canaria isn't really colorful underwater, it's still very beautiful and with lot's of fish (and even dolphins a bit more far away from the coast).
    Sep 8, 2018
  22. Little Evil
    Little Evil
    Do you not have your own equipment?
    Its not expansive if you already have everything.
    Sep 8, 2018
    Blitz likes this.
  23. Claire Lilly
    Claire Lilly
    Nope I don't. My father has (or had, I'm not sure, since he also rarely goes diving now). I was always renting my eqipment. Besides, the costs for taking your diving eqipment with you on the air plane are too much together with the other stuff we always bring with us (and way too heavy).
    Sep 8, 2018
    Blitz likes this.
  24. Little Evil
    Little Evil
    Ooh, you were there to dive?
    I would love to go there too.
    Well, I would love to dive in every ocean/sea at least once...
    So far, I was only to red and middle sea.
    One is dull and other pretty colorful with plenty stuff to look at.
    My country is landlocked and places you can dive in here are pretty limited.
    Sep 8, 2018
    Blitz likes this.
  25. Little Evil
    Little Evil
    Well, whenever we went diving, we rode by car and then took a ship, so our travel expenses were pretty cheap with no extra cost for luggage.

So yeah, if you go like that, its cheap :P
    Sep 8, 2018
    Blitz likes this.
  26. Claire Lilly
    Claire Lilly
    Haha, diving in my country is a no-go, the waters are just too dark to make it enjoyable.
    How nice, I would like to go diving, where it's really colorful, I envy you a bit.
    Sep 8, 2018
    Blitz likes this.
  27. Claire Lilly
    Claire Lilly
    Where do you live for you to have such a short route to your diving places? I'm curious about that. We always need to take a flight of approximately 2 - 5 hours for us to reach our goal.
    Sep 8, 2018
    Blitz likes this.
  28. Little Evil
    Little Evil
    Short route :D
    As I said, I live in a landlocked country :P
    Czech republic
    Sep 8, 2018
    Blitz likes this.
  29. Claire Lilly
    Claire Lilly
    Yep, that isn't very far away.
    Sep 8, 2018
    Blitz likes this.
  30. Little Evil
    Little Evil
    Well, its 12 hrs ride by car to closest sea you know?
    And you can't dive there cause its dirty and cold T-T
    Sep 8, 2018
    Blitz likes this.
  31. Claire Lilly
    Claire Lilly
    Oh, I meant to the places I go usually for diving, sorry I should have wrote it more clearly (I wrote only half of the post, because my attention was needed otherwise (my cute doggies), I just didn't think about it again until now).
    Sep 9, 2018
    Blitz likes this.
  32. Claire Lilly
    Claire Lilly
    But even though, it's quite short, it still feels long, I absolutely hate flying, I'm totally scared of flying. I always must force myself to enter an air plane...
    By the way, the North Sea is around 4 - 5 hours away from my home if you use the car and the East Sea around 2 - 3 hours.
    Sep 9, 2018
    Blitz likes this.
  33. Claire Lilly
    Claire Lilly
    But I've never tried diving there, although it isn't that dirty, but you still can't see well and the most time it's really cold. Although when the weather is good and it's warm, you can go for a nice swim (but I think it's still too cold for me then).
    Sep 9, 2018
    Blitz likes this.
  34. Little Evil
    Little Evil
    *Diving in red sea*
    *2 layers of neoprene*
    Every sea is cold once you dive under the surface T-T

Well, limited visibility is nice sometimes. Did you try looking for some wrecks? They are beautiful when you explore them bit by bit.
    Sep 9, 2018
    Blitz likes this.