Comments on Profile Post by Westeller

1. Arcturus
    Arcturus
    I've never been the biggest Amber fan. Lord of Light was a much better Zelazny book imo
    Nov 24, 2018
  2. Arcturus
    Arcturus
    And I agree that the world and story concept was interesting, but I felt it was too rushed and lacked development
    Nov 24, 2018
  3. Westeller
    Westeller
    Right? It was extremely rushed. From the moment he woke up in the hospital to the end of the book, it was just one thing after another. Which is okay, in a way, but it was handled poorly, so it just came off as incredibly rushed. The book could/should have been twice as long as it was, really.
    Nov 24, 2018
  4. Arcturus
    Arcturus
    Yeah, Earthsea is much better if you're looking for a shorter classical fantasy book that has beautiful prose and development
    Nov 24, 2018
    Archaic pickle likes this.
  5. Westeller
    Westeller
    I was looking for some powerful wizardry, tbh. Magic.

I saw a recommendation for Amber. Not sure it qualifies, exactly, but the Shadows were interesting. ... Earthsea... I saw the movie. Never read the book. Might try that next.
    Nov 24, 2018
  6. Arcturus
    Arcturus
    The movie? You mean that terrible miniseries? Or the meh animated movie by Goro Miyazaki?
    Nov 24, 2018
  7. Arcturus
    Arcturus
    Oh yes, the worldbuilding withe the Shadows of Amber was intriguing and the best part of the book iirc
    Nov 24, 2018
  8. Westeller
    Westeller
    The miniseries.
    Nov 24, 2018
  9. Westeller
    Westeller
    So it was terrible? I don't remember it all that well - just the basic story. Kind of.
    Nov 24, 2018
  10. Arcturus
    Arcturus
    I remember it being kinda bad. But then again, it could have been like Eragon where I was immensely disappointed in comparison to the book
    Nov 24, 2018
  11. Westeller
    Westeller
    Immensely disappointed is an understatement for the Eragon movie.
    Nov 24, 2018
    Arcturus likes this.
  12. Arcturus
    Arcturus
    Yeah, but it wasn't as bad as the movie we do not speak about, so it's at least not at the bottom of the barrel
    Nov 24, 2018