Comments on Profile Post by Femme Fatale

1. Miserys_End
    Miserys_End
    LoL as a kid dad would read fantasy novels to me as bed time stories at times. So does lotR, the Hobbit, and the dune series count? XD I also read Grim's tales as a teen, so that kind of twisted how I saw the supposed nice children's stories everyone else saw
    Nov 29, 2018
    Femme Fatale likes this.
  2. Femme Fatale
    Femme Fatale
    Lucky you! I got all the Disney classics until I luckily came across an illustrated Grimms Fairy Tales and then I thought...this makes more sense. XD
    Nov 29, 2018
    Miserys_End likes this.
  3. Miserys_End
    Miserys_End
    Yes... They were not so kind to the villains in the 1800s xD

Hmmm I wasn't much of a Disney fan as a kid. Think movies like the last unicorn, the never ending story, and the animated versions of lotR and hobbit were played if I had a choice. Then again, I got my first computer at 5, and a number of console systems, so think those were played more often as they were interactive.
    Nov 29, 2018
    Femme Fatale likes this.
  4. Bakaturq
    Bakaturq
    Teaching children that bad people needs to be burned to death. Guess which fairytale is that.
    Nov 29, 2018
    Femme Fatale likes this.
  5. Miserys_End
    Miserys_End
    Does the The bible count as a fairytale? Because there's magic, deities, demons, immortals and even necromancy... That definitely sounds like a fairytale to me...
    Nov 29, 2018
    Femme Fatale likes this.
  6. Femme Fatale
    Femme Fatale
    @Miserys_End It does in my mind. The Bible is an edited book of stories afterall.

@Bakaturq I don't recall which! Uncle. XD
    Nov 29, 2018
    Miserys_End likes this.
  7. Miserys_End
    Miserys_End
    @Bakaturq Hansel and Gretel, they burned the witch in her own oven. Though I think it's more likely she had let them get away as a reward for tricking her into the stove. In reality she used the stove as a sauna in the winter....
    Nov 29, 2018
    Femme Fatale likes this.
  8. Bakaturq
    Bakaturq
    What comes to mind about the bible is that one of the old testament talked about god's chosen people leading army to plunder and pleasure themselves with the enemy's civilians after war...
    Nov 29, 2018
    Femme Fatale likes this.
  9. Bakaturq
    Bakaturq
    @Miserys_End More like hansel and gretel burned the poor woman to death for not giving them sweets because she didn't want them to have sweet tooth...
    Nov 29, 2018
    Femme Fatale and Miserys_End like this.
  10. Femme Fatale
    Femme Fatale
    There is lots of that in the old testament...Fire and brimstone. >.>
    Nov 29, 2018
  11. Miserys_End
    Miserys_End
    Yeah... That does sound a whole hell of a lot more likely course of action for the vicious little bastards xD
    Nov 29, 2018
    Femme Fatale likes this.
  12. Femme Fatale
    Femme Fatale
    Children are natural sociopaths. XD
    Just an innocent comment to help you sleep at night if you have them.
    Keep. One. Eye. Open. At. Any. Time. O.O Both for preference. XD
    Nov 29, 2018
    Miserys_End likes this.
  13. Bakaturq
    Bakaturq
    Children are innocent devils. They hurt you without knowing it. That's why adults create fairy tales that carry hints of sarcasm and truth. That's why kids like the stories so much...
    Nov 29, 2018
  14. Miserys_End
    Miserys_End
    Had two of my own, and the ex had one from her previous marrage. They're all grown up now so no longer have to be as vigilant at night. Besides, I live alone in the middle of nowhere. I'm more worried about a cougar then a kid sneaking up on me.
    Nov 29, 2018
    Femme Fatale and Bakaturq like this.