Comments on Profile Post by EmperorSmile

1. UnGrave
    UnGrave
    How pathetic.
    Feb 6, 2019
  2. OnceandFutureLurker
    OnceandFutureLurker
    Mmm, don't join them and thus avoid being dead on them. Free yourself from the burden of the crowds
    Feb 6, 2019
  3. EmperorSmile
    EmperorSmile
    @OnceandFutureLurker I know but it's not just those social networks...like when I have to look sth. up online all I can use is the local search engine which is not helpful at all..even google's a luxury...
    Feb 6, 2019
  4. OnceandFutureLurker
    OnceandFutureLurker
    Ah. Being unable to look up valid info is indeed a problem.
    Feb 6, 2019
  5. Hotato
    Hotato
    Rip you China great firewall
    Feb 6, 2019
  6. OnceandFutureLurker
    OnceandFutureLurker
    I gather you have to use non-valid VPN to get around the website blocks in China
    Feb 6, 2019
  7. EmperorSmile
    EmperorSmile
    @OnceandFutureLurker the problem is those ones often break down. the one that I used broke down days ago and there's no way I can make it work again cuz I know little about the principles of setting up these 'ladders' as we call them. -One of those moments you really wish to become an IT expert-
    Feb 6, 2019
  8. OnceandFutureLurker
    OnceandFutureLurker
    Well you might be able to get a crash course here on the subject if you ask on general chat.
    Feb 6, 2019
  9. EmperorSmile
    EmperorSmile
    Feb 6, 2019
  10. OnceandFutureLurker
    OnceandFutureLurker
    Surprised you are able to access NovelUpdates and the forum, I figured it would have been blocked as well
    Feb 6, 2019
  11. EmperorSmile
    EmperorSmile
    @OnceandFutureLurker I'm glad it's not blocked. really glad. NUF's my only entertainment now. for reasons I don't know, for me, reading Chinese web novels in another language is much more exhilarating than simply reading the original texts..
    Feb 6, 2019
    OnceandFutureLurker likes this.
  12. OnceandFutureLurker
    OnceandFutureLurker
    I am glad for you. I wish I was able to read in more than one language myself. I am curious of what the original words and meaning they are.
    Feb 6, 2019
  13. EmperorSmile
    EmperorSmile
    @OnceandFutureLurker haha yes the experience of making comparisons is good fun! it used to be hard for me to imagine how to use English to describe things like transmigration and cultivation, I once thought only Chinese people can understand them lol but now it feels great to have so many people understanding and liking them.
    Feb 6, 2019
  14. OnceandFutureLurker
    OnceandFutureLurker
    I imagine at times you almost end up with two different stories, Comparing the English to the original
    Feb 6, 2019
  15. EmperorSmile
    EmperorSmile
    @OnceandFutureLurker well most of the times the translations are surprising accurate, so I'm actually often amazed by the English versions:) Hurray to the translators' hard work!
    Feb 6, 2019