Comments on Profile Post by Gandire Alea

1. Gandire Alea
    Gandire Alea
    Or a king’s game. Players enter their name into a pool, one is randomly chosen, and said person can give orders to the otehr players.
    Mar 23, 2019
  2. Tony
    Tony
    You should've just posted this on my profile. I don't usually log on @justabot
    Mar 23, 2019
  3. justabot
    justabot
    @Tony Do you like to sing?
    Mar 23, 2019
  4. Tony
    Tony
    There's already a dice rolling game, kinda?
    Mar 23, 2019
  5. Gandire Alea
    Gandire Alea
    Sure~
    Next idea will go there~
    Mar 23, 2019
  6. Tony
    Tony
    My top ideas were a poker game but I wasn't sure how I would make that work. I mean I can make it work but what's the best way to program that kind of game?

Also wanted to make a lottery game or a slot machine game? But I dunno. I'm looking for a game to make that would motivate me to make it.
    Mar 23, 2019
  7. Gandire Alea
    Gandire Alea
    Can’t you use one of the online poker games as reference?? Or are you trying to make it multi player??
    Mar 23, 2019
  8. Tony
    Tony
    As "reference"? This would be a forum based poker game so it's different. How do you prevent others from seeing your cards? PM?
    Mar 23, 2019
  9. Tony
    Tony
    Yes, if it's a poker game, you have to play with others! It's more fun that way. What's fun about playing poker with a computer?
    Mar 23, 2019
  10. Gandire Alea
    Gandire Alea
    Their cards are sent to them in their private message system?? A link is also included so they can return to the game really quick and make their next play??
    Mar 23, 2019
  11. Tony
    Tony
    There's also the delay when it comes to players playing their cards. This is a forum after all. The delay would be annoying in a poker game. For example, let's say you call "All in!" then you'll have to wait for the other players to response to that.

...that could be annoying and that's stopping me from making the poker game.
    Mar 23, 2019
  12. Gandire Alea
    Gandire Alea
    Yep, it would have to be a small game, 3 people max. Also with a time delay of how long you have until you can establish said game. Something like if you don’t respond within 2 minutes, you lose your nuffies
    Mar 23, 2019
  13. Gandire Alea
    Gandire Alea
    It would have to require a high betting pool to discourage walking away?? 107 nuffies minim??
    Mar 23, 2019
  14. Tony
    Tony
    That's what I thought of too. Giving a time limit. Anyways, I'm not sure how I would program it if I implemented it which is why it's stopping me.

It's better to think of a game that will 100% work on a forum. I'm in no rush. Like I think the mafia game is probably @justabot's best game.
    Mar 23, 2019
    AMissingLinguist likes this.
  15. justabot
    justabot
    Mar 23, 2019
  16. Gandire Alea
    Gandire Alea
    Good luck~
    Mar 23, 2019