Comments on Profile Post by OnceandFutureLurker

1. OnceandFutureLurker
    OnceandFutureLurker
    May 2, 2019
  2. SummerForest
    SummerForest
    It's not that unusual! You may start practising non-violence towards animals, but your taste buds may not comply with your brain.
    May 2, 2019
    AMissingLinguist likes this.
  3. OnceandFutureLurker
    OnceandFutureLurker
    i dont mind vegetarian or even some vegan dishes but could do without the sanctimony of much of the practitioners especially the vegan zealots
    May 2, 2019
    Sabruness likes this.
  4. SummerForest
    SummerForest
    Being a vegan is not only about food. It's about everything- food, clothes, even the toiletries you use. I don't think it's possible to be a vegan without being zealous.
    May 2, 2019
    AMissingLinguist likes this.
  5. SummerForest
    SummerForest
    Btw I'm not a vegan, though I prefer to stay away from meat, fish, etc.
    May 2, 2019
  6. OnceandFutureLurker
    OnceandFutureLurker
    didnt think you were , nor do you come off as sanctimonious when you talk about food
    May 2, 2019
    SummerForest likes this.
  7. SummerForest
    SummerForest
    It's very difficult to be vegan or even vegetarian if you are not brought up in such an environment. So people may end being sanctimonious while trying to be one. It's like convincing yourself by any means.
    May 2, 2019
  8. OnceandFutureLurker
    OnceandFutureLurker
    maybe so ) ,though i dont think there is a Indian vegetarian dish made to delibrately look like a meat product. could be wrong though
    May 2, 2019
  9. SummerForest
    SummerForest
    Ocean, most Indians don't use garlic and onion in veg dishes. But if these two ingredients are used, then there are dishes made with vegetable which taste better than many non veg dishes.
    May 2, 2019
  10. Sabruness
    Sabruness
    Veganism probably isnt really healthy in the long term because humans are built, over the course of humankind, to need to take in pretty much everything that vegans cut out.
    May 2, 2019
  11. SummerForest
    SummerForest
    Yes. Cutting off dairy products entirely isn't very wise for people who aren't allergic to milk. Vegans have to take dietary supplements to keep healthy.
    May 2, 2019
  12. Sabruness
    Sabruness
    even with supplements, i dont think they would be as healthy as a normal proper intake. dietary supplements are supplements after all. a boost not a replacement.
    May 2, 2019
  13. SummerForest
    SummerForest
    True. But vegans generally have a strong sense of purpose in what they practise and even though I'm not one of them, I honour them.
    May 2, 2019
  14. Sabruness
    Sabruness
    If a vegan wants to be a vegan, by all means. What gets my goat is when they preach like they're members of a cult or when they force it on their kids.
    May 2, 2019
  15. SummerForest
    SummerForest
    Veganism has turned into a cult after all. But kids shouldn't be put on vegan diet or even veg diet. It's just not suitable for their growing body.
    May 2, 2019
    Sabruness likes this.
  16. OceanMagix
    OceanMagix
    It’s like how they make mock meat for the vegetarians. The mind chooses to abstain, but the heart still yearns for the taste
    May 3, 2019