Comments on Profile Post by Wujigege

1. LAOG
    LAOG
    While it is greedy the conference league is great for teams that will probably never win the champions league.
    Feb 19, 2021
  2. Wujigege
    Wujigege
    Yeah I know. The issue though is that they don't usually share enough money.
    The prize pool of Europa League was recently improved and they had to add Champions League qualification to make it more attractive

With the fear of Super League handing over their hands, UEFA is still beholden to rich teams and won't share money with others
    Feb 19, 2021
  3. LAOG
    LAOG
    They should just let them make the super league to let it fail. Nobody wants to see certain matchups all the time. Just look at barca vs psg. One of the most common ties and it does not grow in views.
    Feb 19, 2021
    Wujigege likes this.
  4. Wujigege
    Wujigege
    Yeah, I enjoy discovering new teams so I don't mind the Europa League.
    But due to the system, I discovered that losers of Champions League finals can earn more when you include things like TV deals if there are a bigger club.
    I believe we earned more in 2011 even though we lost to Barcelona
    Feb 19, 2021
  5. Wujigege
    Wujigege
    That is why smaller clubs never grow even if they have a successful season eg Monaco. Although they are not exactly that small
    Feb 19, 2021
  6. LAOG
    LAOG
    While the money distribution may be an issue in those tournaments, teams from the BPL make more money domestically now so even if the CL and EUL bumped up prices they would never be able to compete with domestic league revenue
    Feb 19, 2021
    Wujigege likes this.
  7. LAOG
    LAOG
    What matters more is being able to have surprise teams like Leicester and Atalanta making surprise runs in the champions league. Only thing I would change is that all league winners automatically qualify. Even from smaller leagues
    Feb 19, 2021
    Wujigege likes this.