Comments on Profile Post by Skullie

1. Skullie
    Skullie
    For example, what is selflessness and selfishness? Can someone truly be selfish or selfless? Let’s think of an example, a man saved a child from being run over by a car and got seriously injured by that. Is his action selfish or selfless?
    Aug 3, 2021
    HNCKrstl likes this.
  2. Skullie
    Skullie
    Did he save the child because he couldn’t bear the thought of seeing the child getting hurt or did he do it so that he won’t feel the guilt of being a bystander as a child get injured or killed because he refuse to help? For all we know, the man’s personality and thoughts are irrelevant in this case as his action can be summarized as this.
    Aug 3, 2021
    HNCKrstl likes this.
  3. Skullie
    Skullie
    “He saved the child because the guilt would be too painful for him to bear as a normal human. It would have eaten away at him and he wouldn’t be able to enjoy his life”
    Or
    Aug 3, 2021
    HNCKrstl likes this.
  4. Skullie
    Skullie
    “The man’s body moved without him telling it to. He couldn’t bear the thought of a child being hurt and seeing the child safe make him let out a sigh in relief.”

All in all, it depends on the perspective i guess? Though for me, I wouldn’t be able to decide.
    Aug 3, 2021
    HNCKrstl likes this.
  5. Skullie
    Skullie
    Is he less selfish for not walking away when he could have just accepted the guilt or is he more selfish for prioritizing the pain of the guilt over everything else? No, that’s just the rambling of an idiot who is just writing down nonsense. The true question in this example is:
    Aug 3, 2021
    HNCKrstl likes this.
  6. Skullie
    Skullie
    “For whose sake did he save the child for?”
    Aug 3, 2021
    HNCKrstl likes this.
  7. Skullie
    Skullie
    Which one would be better? The more deeper i think into it, the more stupid it seems. I wish the world is black and white.
    Aug 3, 2021
    HNCKrstl likes this.
  8. Skullie
    Skullie
    Alright, i used up all my braincells for this week.
    Aug 3, 2021
    HNCKrstl and Noble Ran like this.
  9. SpearOfLies
    SpearOfLies
    *patpat*
    Aug 4, 2021
  10. Skullie
    Skullie
    *sways*
    Aug 4, 2021