Comments on Profile Post by Gandire Alea

1. View previous comments
  2. One Perfect Veteran
    One Perfect Veteran
    I can also see that Shana wears some of the clothes Geira bought for her for the first time
    Oct 2, 2021
  3. Gandire Alea
    Gandire Alea
    more like, Shana has no choice but to wear the clothes bought for her
    Oct 2, 2021
  4. One Perfect Veteran
    One Perfect Veteran
    "I meant, what did you think of Shana being forced to go through the shopping along with my including a scene like that. Not the clothes itself..." - As someone experienced in situations like that, I can emphasize with Shana, though I did not like how overbearing Geira was, but I can understand her wanting Shana to look better to the public.
    Oct 2, 2021
    Gandire Alea likes this.
  5. One Perfect Veteran
    One Perfect Veteran
    As for you including that scene, I can't really say much about that. It was a fine scene with some hints of Shana's experiences, but from my perspective the scene was more Geira focused and serves more to show her character off
    Oct 2, 2021
    Gandire Alea likes this.
  6. One Perfect Veteran
    One Perfect Veteran
    So, rather than Shana, it was fine to focus on Geira a little more. Maybe it would have been better to include her thoughts a little more and explain her point of view a little?
    Oct 2, 2021
    Gandire Alea likes this.
  7. One Perfect Veteran
    One Perfect Veteran
    Omg, I myself hate how pretentious the above one sounds, but I hope my opinion is understandable...
    Oct 2, 2021
    Gandire Alea likes this.
  8. Gandire Alea
    Gandire Alea
    no worries. Honest opinions are the most important thing I can hear.
    Oct 2, 2021
  9. One Perfect Veteran
    One Perfect Veteran
    "no worries. Honest opinions are the most important thing I can hear." - I will try to be more understanding next time. Its just that every time I read peoples' opinions it truly grates me how they are all so pretentious and "give advice." I always feel like trash when I am doing the same, because I know these words could really be hurtful
    Oct 2, 2021
    Gandire Alea likes this.
  10. One Perfect Veteran
    One Perfect Veteran
    That is why I usually try to say that you can totally diss me and my opinion should not way anyone down at all
    Oct 2, 2021
    Gandire Alea likes this.
  11. One Perfect Veteran
    One Perfect Veteran
    Maybe over time I will learn how to do it better? I hope so at least
    Oct 2, 2021
    Gandire Alea likes this.
  12. Gandire Alea
    Gandire Alea
    I accept when people try to give advice. it tells me what their impression of the story is. It probably won't change anything, but it gives me a good idea to how my writing is being recieved~
    So no worries
    Oct 2, 2021
  13. One Perfect Veteran
    One Perfect Veteran
    "I accept when people try to give advice. it tells me what their impression of the story is. It probably won't change anything, but it gives me a good idea to how my writing is being recieved~
    So no worries" - a magnanimity of an author!
    Oct 2, 2021
    Gandire Alea likes this.
  14. Gandire Alea
    Gandire Alea
    I think that maturity more than anything else
    Oct 2, 2021
  15. One Perfect Veteran
    One Perfect Veteran
    "I think that maturity more than anything else" - maturity! How mysterious...
    Oct 2, 2021
  16. One Perfect Veteran
    One Perfect Veteran
    Is it the process of hardening your heart till it turns into stone? Or is it the reverse process where you soften your heart till it turns into the fluffiest fluff to ever exist?
    Oct 2, 2021
    Gandire Alea likes this.
  17. Gandire Alea
    Gandire Alea
    the process of being able to accept things without getting worked up and instead trying to calmly come up with a response
    Oct 2, 2021
  18. One Perfect Veteran
    Oct 2, 2021
  19. One Perfect Veteran
    One Perfect Veteran
    "without getting worked up" - I was about to ask what to do when you want to get excited but worked up and excited are not quite the same terms, huh
    Oct 2, 2021
  20. Gandire Alea
    Gandire Alea
    to be honest, with age, I've found that it's quite hard to get all that excited about things. I started noticing this in my early 20s... As for getting worked up, that doesn't happen all that much either.
    Oct 2, 2021
  21. One Perfect Veteran
    One Perfect Veteran
    "to be honest, with age, I've found that it's quite hard to get all that excited about things. I started noticing this in my early 20s... As for getting worked up, that doesn't happen all that much either." - actually, I am the type of person that does not understand when people are excited about something too...
    Oct 2, 2021
  22. One Perfect Veteran
    One Perfect Veteran
    Just standing there or sitting there and politely smiling or laughing and forcing yourself to think of the thing everyone laughs about as amusing or funny, but it only makes you think of them as aliens not from Earth
    Oct 2, 2021
  23. One Perfect Veteran
    One Perfect Veteran
    But literally EVERYONE finds this funny... in the end you arrive to the conclusion that YOU are actually an alien
    Oct 2, 2021
  24. Gandire Alea
    Gandire Alea
    being happy for someone being exciting is very different from also getting worked up like them
    Oct 2, 2021
  25. Gandire Alea
    Gandire Alea
    nothing wrong with that
    Oct 2, 2021
  26. One Perfect Veteran
    One Perfect Veteran
    But then, something that happens to be to your liking comes up and you get very excited about it, but almost no one can relate...
    Oct 2, 2021
  27. One Perfect Veteran
    One Perfect Veteran
    Or somebody can relate but they are not as excited about it as you, so they bring about thing THEY are the most excited about and gradually start to ignore what YOU are excited about. So you politely listen and make yourself excited about what the other person is excited about... if you can understand it at all
    Oct 2, 2021
  28. Gandire Alea
    Gandire Alea
    *huggles*
    better than pretending you are not excited
    Oct 2, 2021
  29. One Perfect Veteran
    One Perfect Veteran
    Then one day when you already over with your excitement over that thing, that person who could relate a little comes up to you and says OH MY GOD LOOK I AM SO EXCITED and points to the thing you have already lost a lot of passion for...
    Oct 2, 2021
  30. One Perfect Veteran
    One Perfect Veteran
    That happens so frequently with me. I am soooo glad that my bestie is excited about fishing like me...
    Oct 2, 2021
  31. Gandire Alea
    Gandire Alea
    isn't being able to get excited together part of the reason someone becomes a best friend??
    Oct 2, 2021
  32. One Perfect Veteran
    One Perfect Veteran
    Though in exchange my bestie can't understand more than half of other things that I am excited about, while I can mostly relate to what my bestie is excited about...
    Oct 2, 2021
  33. One Perfect Veteran
    One Perfect Veteran
    Sometimes I think, life is really unfair, huh...
    Oct 2, 2021
  34. Gandire Alea
    Gandire Alea
    it can feel like that, a lot
    Oct 2, 2021
  35. One Perfect Veteran
    One Perfect Veteran
    "isn't being able to get excited together part of the reason someone becomes a best friend??" - Yes, that is exactly one reason. Getting excited about something together is important, but its usually not enough at all.
    Oct 2, 2021
    Gandire Alea likes this.
  36. One Perfect Veteran
    One Perfect Veteran
    I had many friends with whom I gushed about something for so long that I don't remember most of what I gushed about, but then something comes up and we gradually drift apart, out friendship reduced to nothing...
    Oct 2, 2021
  37. Gandire Alea
    Gandire Alea
    well, that's pretty common too, so don't dwell to hard on that. It's just frustrating when there is no one else there to be excited with, but you can still get excited about it
    Oct 2, 2021
  38. One Perfect Veteran
    One Perfect Veteran
    "*huggles*
    better than pretending you are not excited" - *huggles back*
    "it can feel like that, a lot" - it does sometimes, but mostly I either think I am an alien or I am at fault. When I am in the generous or self depreciating mood. I usually am. I have thought about it for a long time, but am I not a masochist?
    Oct 2, 2021
  39. Gandire Alea
    Gandire Alea
    nope, something like that is not a failing or something to feel is your fault.
    Oct 2, 2021
  40. One Perfect Veteran
    One Perfect Veteran
    "well, that's pretty common too, so don't dwell to hard on that. It's just frustrating when there is no one else there to be excited with, but you can still get excited about it" - thanks, learning to cope with such things is the highest hurdle that I could possibly cross in my path to communicating with people...
    Oct 2, 2021
  41. Gandire Alea
    Gandire Alea
    it is a rough one
    Oct 2, 2021
  42. One Perfect Veteran
    One Perfect Veteran
    "nope, something like that is not a failing or something to feel is your fault." - I thought about it a lot, but mostly even if I blame someone else a lot, inside I start to think that it is also my fault. Everything is my fault. And so I have to get better.
    Oct 2, 2021
  43. One Perfect Veteran
    One Perfect Veteran
    And the last few years, my main motivation in trying most things I try is to get better. Getting better, getting even better even after getting better...
    I like that feeling where I get better, but sometimes it is hard to make progress
    Oct 2, 2021
  44. Gandire Alea
    Gandire Alea
    why, cause you don't like the same thing as them?? Unless you like something like arson, there is nothing wrong with having different interests. Pretending to be someone you aren't will only make you feel bad and possibly give you mental health issues.
    Oct 2, 2021
  45. Gandire Alea
    Gandire Alea
    just give it your best, no need to go crazy about it.
    Oct 2, 2021
  46. One Perfect Veteran
    One Perfect Veteran
    I imagine most things I did most people around me consider unusual and something they would not do themselves. I experienced that a lot since middle school. But I can't help but want to do that unusual thing. It makes me feel special and it also may help me in getting better...
    Oct 2, 2021
  47. One Perfect Veteran
    One Perfect Veteran
    "Pretending to be someone you aren't will only make you feel bad and possibly give you mental health issues." - no its just personally attractive to me. I don't try overly hard in ANYTHING that concerns changing myself to suit others
    Oct 2, 2021
  48. Gandire Alea
    Gandire Alea
    oh, well, in that case
    *huggles*
    Oct 2, 2021
  49. One Perfect Veteran
    One Perfect Veteran
    But getting better and trying unusual things. When you think from this perspective, learning how to paint walls, learning how to write, learning how to wipe the dust off, learning how to do massages, learning how to cook, everything becomes attractive. In the end, that gives you motivation to do things like chores.
    Oct 2, 2021
    Gandire Alea likes this.
  50. One Perfect Veteran
    One Perfect Veteran
    Even if it does not help you much when things get too stale, it REALLY does provide motivation when you are doing something you consider tedious and hard at the same time. For example doing laps in a swimming pool alone, and focusing on doing the exercises properly.
    Oct 2, 2021
    Gandire Alea likes this.
  51. One Perfect Veteran
    One Perfect Veteran
    "oh, well, in that case
    *huggles*" - ooh, I can't help but be spoiled by you... *huggles back*
    Oct 2, 2021
    Gandire Alea likes this.