Comments on Profile Post by kainee

1. episod3ux
  2. kainee
    kainee
    Oh, I remember that NU entry if only because I ended up cleaning it up when I first saw it. Not very impressed with the translator or whoever set up the series entry initially.
    Aug 25, 2016
  3. kainee
    kainee
    I read Invincible Level Up but dropped it really early on... It was because it gave off harem vibes to me. Actually, it IS harem because the ending chapter title is basically, "Wives, Let's Go Streaking..."
    Aug 25, 2016
  4. episod3ux
    episod3ux
    . . .great. :V I just want a good novel with those genres in it. . .too much to ask i guess.
    Aug 25, 2016
    kainee likes this.
  5. kainee
    kainee
    Yeah, using harem as a way to filter out crappy CN novels really cuts down on my reading list. HN1F is basically the only xianxia + game elements so far that I know of that isn't problematic with the harems.
    Aug 25, 2016
    episod3ux likes this.
  6. episod3ux
    episod3ux
    so far only reason i kept distance from HN1F < sounds like some virus name
    is 'cuz is a parody and I'm not that interested in those kinds.
    Aug 25, 2016
    kainee likes this.
  7. kainee
    kainee
    Yeah, I've only glanced over the translation so can't tell if it really captures essence of HN1F but just speaking on the raw CN novel, it's quite good bc the parody element is rather subtle. It only comes into play bc of the ongoing internal monologue that the MC has that provides commentary for readers. But otherwise, it has its own serious xianxia storyline.
    Aug 25, 2016
    episod3ux likes this.
  8. episod3ux
    episod3ux
    Hmmm. well i will consider it for now . i will put it on my list but it will prolly just rot in there.
    Aug 25, 2016
    kainee likes this.
  9. kainee
    kainee
    But yeah, it sucks that I haven't really come across any other good xianxia + game elements CN novels... There was another one that was called History's Greatest Abbot which was obviously meant to be a comedy with a perverted MC who transmigrates into the body of a monk and gets saddled with a system that requires him to be the abbot of the greatest monastery.
    Aug 25, 2016
  10. kainee
    kainee
    But I didn't pick it up because based on reader comments, he eventually returns to the secular world and it looked like he would begin a harem... ;_;
    Aug 25, 2016
  11. kainee
    kainee
    I think the best bet in terms of getting a good game elements CN novel though would be post-apocalyptic + game elements... Since it's a setting that suspends just enough belief but grounded in reality just enough that you wouldn't get too much of the uncomfortable "China is the best" stuff that usually ruins modern setting CN novels and avoid some of the rundown xianxia tropes or gives them enough of a twist.
    Aug 25, 2016
  12. kainee
    kainee
    LOL, anyway, going to nod off by reading a CN novel about a guy who suddenly gets a cooking god system in his head.
    Aug 25, 2016
  13. episod3ux
    episod3ux
    . . . .no way that one sounds so good. . .fck!
    Aug 25, 2016
    kainee likes this.
  14. kainee
    kainee
    I'll tell you if it's any good. ALthough it'll probably be too early to judge since it's new and just starting out.
    Aug 25, 2016
  15. episod3ux
    episod3ux
    Q~Q kainee . . .if is good please make a request for someone to pick it ? plwweeease.
    Aug 25, 2016
    kainee likes this.
  16. episod3ux
    episod3ux
    also you made me hit the limit! uuuuuu!
    Aug 25, 2016
    kainee likes this.